Code of Conduct

Default Great Finds!  Definitely a Merry Christmas!

Well, as much as I try hard to pass on by without looking the fragrance shelf at my local Ross store (for finacial reasons, obviously) I wanted to see what they had to offer, being the Christmas season and all, and of course, I had to walk away with a few of them! Normally, they really don't have anything worthy of picking up, or it isn't much of a good value, but during Christmas, there seems to be a better variety.

So I walked away with 3 bottles (yes, three bottles is self-control!). I got myself:

50 ml bottle of Tommy Bahama--Guys, you gotta get this if you really like Gucci PH...less sharp than Gucci, it's tamer and a great option if you want to wear something like Gucci PH during the summer or at the office without offending. Even though it's "cologne" strength, this stuff lasts long. I tried this before, liked it, but didn't want to spend anymore on something that smelled like Gucci PH, and a 50 ml bottle costed more than the average frag when it first came out. Kinda like the Baldessarini phenomenon, nothing really in there to warrant the pricey pricetag. There was no reason not to buy it this time around because it was 60% off retail.

And, coincidentally there was also a 50 ml bottle of Gucci PH -- didn't mind stocking up on this and my first bottle has run down to a third full, so this was a no-brainer.

Lastly, a 75 ml bottle of Escada Pour Homme...almost didn't get this one because there was one bottle left (each of these were) and a rude woman decides to cut my path from the bottle, but luckily was undecided, and after maneuvering my way towards the box and snatching it, the woman exclaims, "Oh that's one of the bottles I wanted!" I responded "Sorry", but hey, I'm a fragaholic! ;D This is such good stuff. At first I thought this was a post powerhouse 80s scent, and the top notes were a bit brash and I thought I was going to hate this scent. First evening to wear it, so I can't pinpoint the cognac note, but I definitely love this stuff! After the top notes, the frag smooths over and you can definitely smell the Black Pepper, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Vanilla! This part of the frag is very similar to S.T. Dupont Signature, but the Escada is sharper rather than sweeter like Dupont.

There was a bottle of Dunhill Desire and Givenchy Pour Homme, and VCA Tsar, Bulgari PH, and a huge 8 oz bottle of original Lagerfeld for cheap (sadly too powdery for my tastes) and Diesel Zero Plus, all tempting, especially the Desire for some reason, but luckily (I guess) the box wasn't sealed, and someone had actually sprayed to test it. I could smell the frag on the atomizer, and it wasn't notable at that either!

I think I made off good with some solid purchases! And I kept my passion under control (for now, hehe!). I wish it was this easy to shop for Christmas presents for others...

So what's everyone's great finds this month (so far)??? Isn't this part of the year great???

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Great Finds! *Definitely a Merry Christmas!

Finds of less-than-half-price Lutens scents at auction weren't too bad. Was at a Marshalls last night that seemed to have just unloaded a plethora of new stock, but as the fragrances are kept by the checkout lines it was impossible to scour through them without: "The line starts over there, Buddy!"

Way to go with the Escada PH! Don't you just hate rude people? *;D

I always overlooked Tommy Bahama because it didn't seem like anything special, but it's actually pretty good. It does share some similarities with Gucci PH but it has more leather in it IMO.

During this time of year, I've noticed all the Perfumania stores in my area start having their special discount sales. Quasar always gets marked down to $8.99 for a 2.5 oz bottle. Geoffrey Beene scents get marked down to $10-20 per bottle, but then again they can be bought on ebay for less. The biggest deal I've gotten this month was getting a 3.4 oz bottle of Caron PUH for $6. It was the last bottle and the box was damaged so it got marked way down.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Lastly, a 75 ml bottle of Escada Pour Homme...almost didn't get this one because there was one bottle left (each of these were) and a rude woman decides to cut my path from the bottle, but luckily was undecided, and after maneuvering my way towards the box and snatching it, the woman exclaims, "Oh that's one of the bottles I wanted!" *I responded "Sorry", but hey, I'm a fragaholic! *;D *This is such good stuff. *
    Great Story!!!