Code of Conduct

Thread: Orgiastic

Default Orgiastic

Yesterday night I went to a new department store downtown and to my happiness, as I imagined, they had tons of new testers available of several interesting brands. Of course, I broke one of the olfactory appreciation principles: I started applying lots of different scents all over my body: hands, neck, forearm, wrists, fingers and even on the sleeves of my jacket... from memory: Mechant Loup, Passage d'Enfer, Mûre et Musc, Adolfo Domínguez Agua de Sandalo, M7, Rive Gauche, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Dior Homme, Xeryus Rouge, GPG Le Mâle... my good Lord, I couldn't resist.

As a result, I can not tell today which ones pleased me and which ones did not. :

Yes, it was orgiastic though.
    ;D
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Default Re: Orgiastic

lol. i can totally picture it. :
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

how do you do that without mixing it all up?

Yes, I am familiar with this particular madness...haha Nowadays, I also do "paper first" on everything, and then I save that precious testing room for things that past the first elimination round. Otherwise, it can get ridiculous. Worse that trying to remember which it was that you now love is trying to be sure you know which it is that now absolutely MUST come off because it's horrible! This will sometimes happen to me in the car, and then I have that extra time to get REALLY clear that I hate it....haha

I did the very same year a year ago, both on paper and on skin, and went home with an array of blotters, cards, and strips that I could barely differentiate. One of them was magnificent. I tried to reconstruct my path of wanton testing and thought I had narrowed the possibilities down to four. Eventually, over the course of half a year, I bought all four. Surprise! That one scent remained elusive. To this day I have no idea what it was.

I have sooo totally been there. One time, a couple months ago...during the course of an afternoon in the mall, I ended up spraying myself with A-men, Kouros, Quorom, and a few others. I think at some point my nose just went numb, but I can only imagine what those around me must have experienced. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    Yesterday night I went to a new department store downtown and to my happiness, as I imagined, *they had tons of new testers available of several interesting brands. Of course, I broke one of the olfactory appreciation principles: I started applying lots of different scents all over my body: hands, neck, forearm, wrists, fingers and even on the sleeves of my jacket... from memory: Mechant Loup, Passage d'Enfer, Mûre et Musc, Adolfo Domínguez Agua de Sandalo, M7, Rive Gauche, Chanel Pour Monsieur, Dior Homme, Xeryus Rouge, GPG Le Mâle... my good Lord, I couldn't resist.

As a result, I can not tell today which ones pleased me and which ones did not. * :

Yes, it was orgiastic though.
    *;D

I don't mean to intrude, but which department store carries all of these and in what city?

I need to check it out too :P

It reminds me some Moscow Perfume-Orgies... ;D

Some perfume-devoted people get organized, each brings something new and rare to smell for others, some swap items and items for decanting, found a place (it could be caffee, coffee-bar or house of somebody) and time to meet - and that`s BEGIN!

Everyone is spraying! No blotters! Just a skin.
    And everyone takes a notes to write down - where and what been sprayed...
    Funtastic atmosphere!!! Noses are frustrated, that`s for sure!!!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    I don't mean to intrude, but which department store carries all of these and in what city?

I need to check it out too :P
    Check Neiman Marcus if you have one near you.