Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street?

Anyone tried or bought this one yet? I just received a decant off ebay and I just can't figure out what the heck it's supposed to be. Fresh? Woody? I don't know.

Any opinions?

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street?

Hey ziffy. To my nose, it's both fresh and woody. It's also floral too. I compared it to Kiton a while back but after testing them side by side, I found that Bleeker Street is sharper and brighter. The drydown gets sweeter than the topnotes. This is a scent that I can't pinpoint what the notes are because they're blended together so well. It lasts really long too.

Smelled an awful, awful lot like Purple Label minus the blackberry. In the end, it comes into its own with some caramel, but I just keep scratching my head when sniffing it and how similar it is to PL. Mind you, I personally think PL is great, but am troubled the similarity between the two and would go for PL.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

This is my 2nd favorite Bond scent....NO DOUBT!
    It starts off green and ends up a delicious vanilla/cinnamon wood on me....really creamy...I LOVE this stuff!

Its supposed to be green, woody and then an amber/vanilla dry down, but on me its just green all the way through. I really like this scent, however after 20 minutes it vanishes and doesnt last on my skin. A lot of people say its either fresh and woody...then caramelly dry down or most others have said its green all the way through (like me) I liked this scent on the card, however on me it was just soso

Bleecker Street = Orgasm
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

I get green all the way through. It is one of my very best.

vanishes in 20 minutes?? sounds like olfactory fatigue... unless you have paper towels for skin. haha.
    completely unique to me and I think many people see it being so green because the bottle is. i personally wouldn't consider it a 'green' scent.. perhaps some green touches. Oh, and it lasts a full 24 hours on me.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

A noble reasoning by hypothesizing the suggestive color of the bottle. I will say that for a long time, all I had was a mere samply and did not know intricate details of the bottle. I thought it was green then and think the "greeness" does indeed match the bottle. I arrived at this conclusion without any preconceived notion from the bottle.

I get a lime opening (reminds me of lime soda for some reason... like Sprite or Sierra Mist) and it dries down to a woodsy finish... I don't know where people are getting vanilla from as I smell absolutely none. Different skin chemistry? Sprayed 5 hours ago and still chugging along. I think I might end up buying this one.

BTW, I've noticed a lot of Bond talk showing up on the forums (good thing). Are people giving this company a second chance?
    Last edited by akshay03; 28th March 2008 at 05:31 AM.

I enjoy the fragrance when my gf wears it but we both notice that it becomes hardly noticeable after about an hour of wearing it. Most of the Bond frags I have tried last forever so I was surprised.

One of the best I've tried, but why 178$ ?!

I will buy one soon.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, cause those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

I also agree like a previous reviewer that it smells A LOT like purple label by rl. and i'm surprised no one here has really stressed the florals. i get violet leaves throughout blending with vanilla in the drydown.

I own PL and Bleecker St. and find them repetitive enough to sell my Bleecker St. I am trimming the drobe and one had to go. If you want it let me know.

I can see what is meant by the comparison of BS to PL. However, the mahogany and other notes make it distinctively different from BS and I would certainly be able to tell the difference in passing.