Code of Conduct

Thread: The RPL paradox

Default The RPL paradox

Ladies, Gents,

Before I purchased my bottle of RPL, I read through the posts here. Some folks said it barely lasted an hour.. Others said it lasted all day. Just thought I would chime in.

If I spray RPL on in a wide dispersion pattern, it does dissipate pretty quickly. However, if I hold the bottle very close to the skin and spray on a smaller, more concentrated application, and let it dry before putting clothes on over it, the fragrance does last all day. In contrast, the dispersion pattern doesn’t affect the longevity of Polo Sport.

Has anyone noticed this with other frags?

Thanks,
    OO

There is no Nose....

Default Re: The RPL paradox

Now that I think of it, that seems pretty consistent with many fragrances I've tried. Sometimes it seems like something I have will last for a minute, and other times it seems to last all day.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Hey this is pretty interesting. I gotta see if new Tabarome will last longer than 3 hours on me now if I let it dry before putting on clothes. Anyone know how long it usually takes to dry???

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Hey this is pretty interesting. I gotta see if new Tabarome will last longer than 3 hours on me now if I let it dry before putting on clothes. Anyone know how long it usually takes to dry???
    Not that long for me. *I put the close enough so that the spray is about the size of a quarter, then wait for anout 30 seconds. *No lie, I can smell the stuff 8 or 10 hours later. *That's not to say others can smell it. *

By the way have you tried orig Tabarome as well?
    There is no Nose....

Thanks for the reply and yeah I've tried old Tabarome also.

I really am horrible at describing frags and the reviews page has some amazing descriptions that cannot be topped so I won't try. ;D

But one thing, I feel very confident wearing New Tabarome, but the Old Tabarome smells a little too mature for me (I'm 20 years old). It's all aged leather, refined smoke and hard alcohol (told you I was bad at this). This one does last forever though and will retry it in a couple years.

I really am horrible at describing frags and the reviews page has some amazing descriptions that cannot be topped so I won't try. ;D

But one thing, I feel very confident wearing New Tabarome, but the Old Tabarome smells a little too mature for me (I'm 20 years old). It's all aged leather, refined smoke and hard alcohol (told you I was bad at this). This one does last forever though and will retry it in a couple years.
    I got a similar impression of the orig. It smelled really good, like a humidor, but the metallic note on the new version gave a more modern presence to it. I've only tried these on the cards though.
    There is no Nose....

I'm twenty and I'd love to wear those notes. Mmm but then again, I am a lover of leather, cigars, scotch/cognac. ;D My friends tell me I'm 65

RPL? Is that a Creed?
    Sometimes DHR has the effect of HKF on me, but if I layer SFGJTE over it and dab on SFJTR everythings just fine untik it starts to remind me if SRTHNASRDG.

That's really surprising Concord, because my experience is that DHR doesn't remind HKF at all, but instead it's drydown is exactly like the one of TRHG, obviously it doesn't have as much sillage. When you layer those two, you get the vetiver from the GGNFG-island and the patchouli from the SKERBA-mountains, you get the strange metallic sensation reminescent of SRTHNASRDG as you very well pointed out.

So...what's RPL?

Sometimes ASGE and ABWHRW combing with WER creates HRTEAH notes. Apparently ABWHRW is a BRT from PCI which explains the MHLQR of the scent. I suspect the addition of GHM, VRT, and SOC will really MRYEJZHAWETOFUAQN the fragrance.

;D

fun

;D

I guess it's Ralph Lauren's Purple Lable?

myaccolades, what are you doing? I don't understand a word your saying! I'm trying to have a sophisticated conversation with Concord and you come here and talk nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    *;D

I guess it's Ralph Lauren's Purple Lable?
    Sorry guys. Yes, I meant RLPL, not RPL. Newbie error. ;D

There is no Nose....

So, one way to use acronyms without cutting off those who have no idea what the GDASF (Goll Darned Acronym Stands For) is that you IIO (Identify It Once) at the TOTP (Top Of The Post) in parentheses RATAIQ (Right After The Acronym In Question). Then you can RTA (Reference The Acronym) as shorthand for the BOTP (Balance Of The Post) without causing WPAC (Widespread Panic And Confusion).

Once accomplished, you can AYSITAS (Acronym Yourself Into A Stupor) assured that no one is getting LBITD (Left Behind In The Discussion).

RG (regards, Griff)

Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    So, one way to use acronyms without cutting off those who have no idea what the GDASF (Goll Darned Acronym Stands For) is that you IIO (Identify It Once) at the TOTP (Top Of The Post) in parentheses RATAIQ (Right After The Acronym In Question). Then you can RTA (Reference The Acronym) as shorthand for the BOTP (Balance Of The Post) without causing WPAC (Widespread Panic And Confusion).

Once accomplished, you can AYSITAS (Acronym Yourself Into A Stupor) assured that no one is getting LBITD (Left Behind In The Discussion).

RG (regards, Griff)
    Agreed. *Then end each post with some sort of flourish, like MSMSMMES (mamma-SAY, mamma-SAH, mah-MAK-ew-SAH). * [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There is no Nose....

OMGWTFBBQ RPL!!!!!1

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado