Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: The RPL paradox

  1. #1

    Default The RPL paradox

    Ladies, Gents,

    Before I purchased my bottle of RPL, I read through the posts here. Some folks said it barely lasted an hour.. Others said it lasted all day. Just thought I would chime in.

    If I spray RPL on in a wide dispersion pattern, it does dissipate pretty quickly. However, if I hold the bottle very close to the skin and spray on a smaller, more concentrated application, and let it dry before putting clothes on over it, the fragrance does last all day. In contrast, the dispersion pattern doesn’t affect the longevity of Polo Sport.

    Has anyone noticed this with other frags?

    Thanks,
    OO

    There is no Nose....

  2. #2

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Now that I think of it, that seems pretty consistent with many fragrances I've tried. Sometimes it seems like something I have will last for a minute, and other times it seems to last all day.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

  3. #3

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Hey this is pretty interesting. I gotta see if new Tabarome will last longer than 3 hours on me now if I let it dry before putting on clothes. Anyone know how long it usually takes to dry???

  4. #4

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Hey this is pretty interesting. I gotta see if new Tabarome will last longer than 3 hours on me now if I let it dry before putting on clothes. Anyone know how long it usually takes to dry???
    Not that long for me. *I put the close enough so that the spray is about the size of a quarter, then wait for anout 30 seconds. *No lie, I can smell the stuff 8 or 10 hours later. *That's not to say others can smell it. *

    By the way have you tried orig Tabarome as well?
    There is no Nose....

  5. #5

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Thanks for the reply and yeah I've tried old Tabarome also.

    I really am horrible at describing frags and the reviews page has some amazing descriptions that cannot be topped so I won't try. ;D

    But one thing, I feel very confident wearing New Tabarome, but the Old Tabarome smells a little too mature for me (I'm 20 years old). It's all aged leather, refined smoke and hard alcohol (told you I was bad at this). This one does last forever though and will retry it in a couple years.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Thanks for the reply and yeah I've tried old Tabarome also.

    I really am horrible at describing frags and the reviews page has some amazing descriptions that cannot be topped so I won't try. ;D

    But one thing, I feel very confident wearing New Tabarome, but the Old Tabarome smells a little too mature for me (I'm 20 years old). It's all aged leather, refined smoke and hard alcohol (told you I was bad at this). This one does last forever though and will retry it in a couple years.
    I got a similar impression of the orig. It smelled really good, like a humidor, but the metallic note on the new version gave a more modern presence to it. I've only tried these on the cards though.
    There is no Nose....

  7. #7

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    Thanks for the reply and yeah I've tried old Tabarome also.

    I really am horrible at describing frags and the reviews page has some amazing descriptions that cannot be topped so I won't try. ;D

    But one thing, I feel very confident wearing New Tabarome, but the Old Tabarome smells a little too mature for me (I'm 20 years old). It's all aged leather, refined smoke and hard alcohol (told you I was bad at this). This one does last forever though and will retry it in a couple years.
    I'm twenty and I'd love to wear those notes. Mmm but then again, I am a lover of leather, cigars, scotch/cognac. ;D My friends tell me I'm 65

  8. #8

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    RPL? Is that a Creed?
    Sometimes DHR has the effect of HKF on me, but if I layer SFGJTE over it and dab on SFJTR everythings just fine untik it starts to remind me if SRTHNASRDG.

  9. #9

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    That's really surprising Concord, because my experience is that DHR doesn't remind HKF at all, but instead it's drydown is exactly like the one of TRHG, obviously it doesn't have as much sillage. When you layer those two, you get the vetiver from the GGNFG-island and the patchouli from the SKERBA-mountains, you get the strange metallic sensation reminescent of SRTHNASRDG as you very well pointed out.

    So...what's RPL?

  10. #10

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Sometimes ASGE and ABWHRW combing with WER creates HRTEAH notes. Apparently ABWHRW is a BRT from PCI which explains the MHLQR of the scent. I suspect the addition of GHM, VRT, and SOC will really MRYEJZHAWETOFUAQN the fragrance.

    ;D

    fun

  11. #11

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    ;D


    I guess it's Ralph Lauren's Purple Lable?

  12. #12

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    myaccolades, what are you doing? I don't understand a word your saying! I'm trying to have a sophisticated conversation with Concord and you come here and talk nonsense!

  13. #13

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    *;D


    I guess it's Ralph Lauren's Purple Lable?
    Sorry guys. Yes, I meant RLPL, not RPL. Newbie error. ;D

    There is no Nose....

  14. #14

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    So, one way to use acronyms without cutting off those who have no idea what the GDASF (Goll Darned Acronym Stands For) is that you IIO (Identify It Once) at the TOTP (Top Of The Post) in parentheses RATAIQ (Right After The Acronym In Question). Then you can RTA (Reference The Acronym) as shorthand for the BOTP (Balance Of The Post) without causing WPAC (Widespread Panic And Confusion).

    Once accomplished, you can AYSITAS (Acronym Yourself Into A Stupor) assured that no one is getting LBITD (Left Behind In The Discussion).

    RG (regards, Griff)



    Griff
    _____________________
    Follow me on FaceBook and Twitter
    And of course, eBay Radio

  15. #15

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    So, one way to use acronyms without cutting off those who have no idea what the GDASF (Goll Darned Acronym Stands For) is that you IIO (Identify It Once) at the TOTP (Top Of The Post) in parentheses RATAIQ (Right After The Acronym In Question). Then you can RTA (Reference The Acronym) as shorthand for the BOTP (Balance Of The Post) without causing WPAC (Widespread Panic And Confusion).

    Once accomplished, you can AYSITAS (Acronym Yourself Into A Stupor) assured that no one is getting LBITD (Left Behind In The Discussion).

    RG (regards, Griff)
    Agreed. *Then end each post with some sort of flourish, like MSMSMMES (mamma-SAY, mamma-SAH, mah-MAK-ew-SAH). * [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There is no Nose....

  16. #16

    Default Re: The RPL paradox

    OMGWTFBBQ RPL!!!!!1

    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Similar Threads

  1. Didn't Turn review Jacomo's Paradox ?
    By Bigsly in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th May 2008, 12:36 AM
  2. Difference between Paradox Geen & 1881 Amber?
    By Bigsly in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th April 2008, 04:52 AM
  3. Opinions on Paradox by Jacomo?
    By Rebelwithoutaclue in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18th March 2008, 10:08 PM
  4. Jacomo Paradox Green (review + compare and contrast)
    By Galleddrim in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th March 2008, 05:56 PM
  5. An Unsolvable Paradox?
    By Eluard in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14th December 2006, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000