Code of Conduct

Thread: Sephora SA

Default Sephora SA

I just ran into Sephora today at lunch (I don't know why) I was looking around and an SA walked up to me and asked to help out....I replied that I had tried most everything in the store before at one time or another....he replied with "cool, What kind of stuff do you like?"
    we talked for quite a while and I let basenotes.com slip out talked about what it was and his eyes lit up....he said he'd never heard of it before and I said..."You have to check it out....it will change your life." He kind of smiled and said he'd check it out tonight....anyway I worry I may have corrupted him....what if he visits here and is consumed with trying out new frags constantly....That will be on my conscious....what if he spends thousands of dollars because of me :-? Seriously though....even though he had not heard of some of the frags I was telling him about he was very interested and we both seemed excited to meet another man that was also excited about frags....(that stuff doesn't happen every day.) Anyway, he was by far the most knowledgeable SA I have EVER met. I even ended up getting Bulgari Black (Blind) from his recommendation....if you don't like it just bring it back. ;D

Default Re: Sephora SA

Sounds like a great SA experience! If I eventually become an SA, I would be just like that guy at Sephora, and I would mention Basenotes to my customers.

BTW, did that Sephora start carrying Thierry Mugler fragrances yet? Sephora's website shows that they're now carrying Mugler again after a 2-year hiatus. Not sure about the retail stores, though.

Speaking of stores, many Macy's (and soon-to-be Macy's in 2006 post-May Co. merger) stores are starting to carry Mugler...a significant percentage of the chain, in fact. After all, some of the Macy's West stores and a handful of Macy's Central and East stores carry Mugler, along with most Marshall Field's (soon to be Macy's North) stores...soon, nearly the whole chain will.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Bulgari Black? Yes, that's one of the few scents that lives up to its name. A safe bet blind IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    Sounds like a great SA experience! If I eventually become an SA, I would be just like that guy at Sephora, and I would mention Basenotes to my customers.

BTW, did that Sephora start carrying Thierry Mugler fragrances yet? Sephora's website shows that they're now carrying Mugler again after a 2-year hiatus. Not sure about the retail stores, though.

Speaking of stores, many Macy's (and soon-to-be Macy's in 2006 post-May Co. merger) stores are starting to carry Mugler...a significant percentage of the chain, in fact. After all, some of the Macy's West stores and a handful of Macy's Central and East stores carry Mugler, along with most Marshall Field's (soon to be Macy's North) stores...soon, nearly the whole chain will.
    Nope...no TM scents in MD
    He was a cool dude.....

Overcome By Fumes

I bought BB "anosmic" way back when and am not disappointed--it's my SotD today! Nice story...vampire bites, and another vampire is created!