Code of Conduct

Default Creed Shower Gels?

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if any of you have tried the Creed shower gels?

I never thought I'd become a Creed fanboy, but lo and behold... ;D

Just wondering if it's worth the money, as it is expensive. To tell you the truth, I have yet to try a fragrance body wash based on a cologne. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Default Re: Creed Shower Gels?

Well, it depends. If it's a heavy scent, then you probably don't need it.

Some people use shower gels, deoderants, lotions, etc. with light smelling fragrances (eg. Bvlgari PH). By using the accessory products, you layer the scent and it lasts longer and is stronger.

I've only tried the GIT shower gel and it is awesome stuff. Not only will you smell fabulous, but your shower and bathroom will as well.
    I've also tried the GIT deo and after shave balm and thought both were terrible. The shower gel is excellent but having used up one tube I was too frugal to get more.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Thanks guys for the comments. I've been thinking of either SMW or GIT, with the SMW currently winning by a small margin. Considering that both colognes are short lived, it'll be great to heighten their effects with the gel, no? I guess it'll be more for my enjoyment than anyone else, as shower gels aren't really sillage kings (heck, they're not even jokers!) ;D

Thanks again!

I have never tried Creed's body products but I used almost all the body products from designer ones. Yes it does adds to the overall projection of the edt you wear! Also, GIT is not weak, its one of the strongest and long lasting Creed I had. SMW is weak though, but its all natural so you can't blame its longevity. I like using Eternity for men's shower gel with GIT, it blends well!

I don't think its worth the price, get a similar designer body product that smells like the Creed you want.

I used to have the SMW shower gel until I forgot it in Vegas (Which tells you how much I thought of it). It was a total waste and not even close to being worth a fraction of the money the charged. Some neutral generic liquid soap and a few sprays of the Juice would give you the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    I used to have the SMW shower gel until I forgot it in Vegas (Which tells you how much I thought of it). *It was a total waste and not even close to being worth a fraction of the money the charged. Some neutral generic liquid soap and a few sprays of the Juice would give you the same thing. *
    I bought both GIT and SMW shower gels from Creedirect, and agree with Paul in that both of these were a waste. Very little scent, alot of generic soap. I've gone as far as spraying add'l scent from the colgne bottle into the gel bottle, with little success. These gels are expensive, and have only the faintest of a hint of their respective Creed scents. Neither leaves any significant Creed presence once you're a step or two out of the shower.

I would definitely pass on these. Double spraying the juice would be a far more cost effective way of boosting the scent.

Cheers,
    Jim

Wow they really must have cheapened up on the formula. Bummer! >
    I bought GIT shower gel from ashford.com about 5 years ago, and there was nothing weak about it. Sometimes if I showered with it, I never bothered spritzing any fragrance because the shower gel was all I needed to smell great!
    As with everything, I guess it ain't as good as it used to be. :'(
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I agree with Paul. You can Purchase a gallon of scent free shower gel online from most any candle making buisness. Experiment to determine your desired concentration and voila!

Ouch!

Thanks for the experiences, it looks like it's not worth the price, so I'll skip out on it. Damn! :'(

Well, the bright side is that I get to spend more money elsewhere!