Code of Conduct

Default God, You Smell Good!

http://www.sosuave.com/home/feedback/colognes.htm

A charming article about what men's colognes have worked for Mr. So Suave, including reader contributions. I've taken copious notes.

Default Re: God, You Smell Good!

I see L' Artisan's DZING! isn't mentioned in the article... :
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Meh, that's one of those internet seduction websites that I've glanced at before. I don't really take fragrance recommendations from ladies' men. Why? They're WAAAAAYYYY too commonplace, and when I'm working my game, I hate being associated with every other PUA out there. Let the cookie cutter guys have their Acqua Di Gio, Cool Water, Drakkar Noir, and the other cheap mass market stuff out there that they douse themselves in. I do love a few of the ones mentioned there, like Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Gucci Envy For Men... and those only appeared a couple of times.

Interestingly enough, I was led to Basenotes from a large seduction forum discussing a topic regarding fragrances for attracting the girls, and my fragrance obsession exploded when I came here.

I use my fragrances as an accessory, but more because I LOVE the way I smell and feel with them on. I could never attract a female relying solely upon fragrances alone. That's like trying to kill an elephant by throwing scrunched-up paper balls at it.
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    I use my fragrances as an accessory, but more because I LOVE the way I smell and feel with them on.
    Hear hear!!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Meh, that's one of those internet seduction websites that I've glanced at before. I don't really take fragrance recommendations from ladies' men. Why? They're WAAAAAYYYY too commonplace, and when I'm working my game, I hate being associated with every other PUA out there. Let the cookie cutter guys have their Acqua Di Gio, Cool Water, Drakkar Noir, and the other cheap mass market stuff out there that they douse themselves in. I do love a few of the ones mentioned there, like Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Gucci Envy For Men... and those only appeared a couple of times.

Interestingly enough, I was led to Basenotes from a large seduction forum discussing a topic regarding fragrances for attracting the girls, and my fragrance obsession exploded when I came here.

I use my fragrances as an accessory, but more because I LOVE the way I smell and feel with them on. I could never attract a female relying solely upon fragrances alone. That's like trying to kill an elephant by throwing scrunched-up paper balls at it.
    Well spoken, Hysteria.

Fragrances are here to subtly enhance us, not represent us. This is why I like the gentler fragrances. I like having an effect on people without them consciously having to think about it. It's nice to put on an attractive scent that gives you that tiny edge that people will detect but not recognize right away.

Am I making sense here? I don't know - I took some medicine for my cold and it's made me a little :

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the discovery, Fresno, this has some entertainment value !
    Until now I did not know such plump and silly sales promotion existed. How can anybody interested in colognes and perfume read, even believe in such utter crap? Is there a name behind those recommendations?

This may also explain, why we have been snowed in with chick magnet questions at decreasing intervals. These questions are also valid, no doubt! But before long, they are just the door into the culture of smells and into the art of using and creating them. It seems to me, there has been less talk about those other aspects during the past six months, and I regret that.

: Peace & Joy!

'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades

Am I making sense here? I don't know - I took some medicine for my cold and it's made me a little :
    Yes you are, it has nothing to do with the codeine in your cough syrup!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Let your nose be your pilot

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I took Tylenol Ultra Relief. 3 pills over 9 hours. Each pill contains 500mg of acetominophen and 65mg pure caffeine. -__-

I normally avoid caffeine like the black plague so I think all this caffeine suddenly in my system is keeping me up. It's now 6 30 in the morning and I still can't get to sleep.

Tomorrow is going to be a bad day for me

Gah, that website made me cringe... John Paul Gaultier????

Also, as a side note, is there a reason I can't stand L'eau D'Issey? The stuff just smells like trash on me. I guess I wasn't made to be a suave PUA

I heard the Adidas frag smells just like old shoes ;D

There is one scent discussed there, Andron by Jovan, that's supposed to have pheromones also. Anyone tried this?

Well,

Some people find Angel magique some others horrid.

So it just shows - there are no rules what scents are best or not !!! or turn more people on etc......

Laurent
    Invisible Power

Post Thanks / Like

POLO and CANOE.............gag me with a spoon > Maybe if you're in Jr. High :
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

If anything, this list will 'turn on' taste-less girls (not women, no woman is tasteless :P).

Something you don't truly want.

That's a GREAT observation, Symptome. The young girls (and the GUYS who mack on these girls!!!) really only recognize the ultra-common scents anyway, and they stick with what they know. Much like the current Top 40 music shoved down the throats of sheeps by what the mainstream dictates is best for them. Yuck.

"Get a tattoo and express your INDIVIDUALITY just like EVERYBODY ELSE!" Hahaha, I love that quote. But I have nothing against tattoos, as long as they're tasteful. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

This female friend of mine.. last year she would constantly go "Mmm you know what smells so good? Tsunami by Axe!!!"

hahahaha if you didn't know, Tsunami is a cheap rip off of Aqua di Gio.

I found it funny that she didn't even know of the original

Yes! I've heard of Axe borrowing from the popular scents. There's that one for Acqua Di Gio, and some other one that's reminiscent of Drakkar Noir.

Old Spice now has those scented body sprays too, as well as Gillette Tag body sprays, and even drugstore-branded ones like Life (Shoppers Drug Mart).

My brother uses Axe Kilo. I have no idea why. I've got over twenty fragrances (including Cool Water, shaddup ;D ) and for some reason he sticks to Axe. :-? [smiley=lolk.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

I know for sure that Axe copies AdG, Eternity, and Swiss Army Altitude.

I haven't smelt the others so yeah.

What do they do, reverse engineer the designer scents? :-?

They also have the shower gels as well... I suppose you use those before layering on the Axe spray, LOL!!! ;D

Not for me. I stick to Ivory soap and water. THAT is the CLEAN SMELL... nothing else added, and I smell neutral until I put on my SOTD. I couldn't imagine owning the whole product line of any fragrance. I have twenty fragrances in my wardrobe and counting... there's no way I could afford owning twenty+ complete lines just so that my SOTD can last longer on my body for a particular day. LOL!!! And imagine the clashing smells when you accidentally apply on something that's different than the shower gel you used minutes ago in the bathroom... :

I don't even use my friggin' Brut aftershave! That's the only aftershave I have. Got the EDC/aftershave/deodorant gift set many years ago for Christmas. Gift sets are a no-no for me since I'd never use all the other products.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's basically what they do. I don't see how they're not sued for doing that but whatever. I'm not sure if anyone can even patent a scent because the fragrance industry is already exempted from having to list all ingrediants.

I use dove nutrium : ) It used to be better - used to make my skin so soft. But now it isn't as good :-/ They probably cut out some lotion or something.

I've had 3 scented body gel/shampoo: CK escape (great stuff - don't even need to wear the fragrance afterwards if it's a very warm day), isse miyake (same results as the CK E but the scent is different from the fragrance - it's sharper and greener. Not bad) and Armani AdG. I regret the AdG purchase the most. The other two came in gift sets so it cost next to nothing. I spent 33$CAN on the AdG one and I used maybe only 5-10% of it. Now I can't bear to put AdG on myself. Also it reminds me of my ex (it was my signature scent around her).

Yeah. If anyone wants AdG shampoo/body gel, I'm willing to part with it for around 20$CAN or ~$15USD.

Post Thanks / Like

Gift sets are a no-no for me since I'd never use all the other products.

Gift sets make a gift look bigger
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    [quote author=Hysteria link=1133592344/15#19 date=1133679221]

Gift sets are a no-no for me since I'd never use all the other products.

Gift sets make a gift look bigger
    [/quote]

It's not the size of the tool it's how you use it

Jokes aside, I found myself enjoying a mosturizing shower gel lately... Okay okay, I'll admit to enjoy the "Hey your skin is so smooth!" compliments from a lady friend a bit more than the actual gel... but same difference, no?

Poin being: You might grow to like them if they are quality products.

Secondly: Axe is to perfumery what pop and emo is to music. No wonder they attract the same crowds, so to speak.

have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Symptome

It's not the size of the tool it's how you use it
    A 3/8th wrench isn't going to work on 5/8th bolt and that's the truth.

Kidding aside, Axe and Tag should be banned from all college kids. They use it as room fresheners, not just deodorent!! :-X (We really need a barf smiley...)
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my language, but seriously, they are the bastard children of this fragrance era.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    Excuse my language, but seriously, they are the bastard children of this fragrance era.
    Hey we all have to cut our fragrance teeth on something! I remember dousing myself in Exclamation, Tribe, Vanilla Musk, Lady Stetson, Aspen for Women, etc. My how I've grown...and discovered the wonderful realm of men's frags, lol.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    [quote author=myaccolades link=1133592344/15#24 date=1133721901]Excuse my language, but seriously, they are the bastard children of this fragrance era.
    Hey we all have to cut our fragrance teeth on something! *I remember dousing myself in Exclamation, Tribe, Vanilla Musk, Lady Stetson, Aspen for Women, etc. *My how I've grown...and discovered the wonderful realm of men's frags, lol.[/quote]

I have to admit.. and I am shamed by this.. I have used Axe. *dies and melts into a puddle of shame*

The stuff is pretty crap. It's cheap and synthetic smelling. Haha I used it to freshen up my room!

But.. I am still :-[

they're having a laugh

Post Thanks / Like

There's one good thing about Axe, despite the fact that it's junk: it turns people onto other fragrances later on in life by introducing them to the art of perfumery and smelling good. From those cheapo Axe and Tag body sprays, people can then graduate to better smells once they tire of the "Axe Effect".

As they say..."hook 'em while they're young"!
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Thanks for the laugh! Gotta love them K-Mart Casanovas. They'd do better just to roll themselves in some Ben&Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. Reminds me why I have got to get the H3!! outta Palookaville one of these years.

Post Thanks / Like

I work with Special Ed PE, and the degree to which the regular ed PE kids just completely go to town with their Axe and Tag sprays just...well...it's gag-inducing. I'm not really prone to breathing problems or asthma, but there are times in there I literally can't breathe for all that s**t they're pumping into the air. :

That being said, I did use Axe occasionally before I found the "WAY"...haha. I'd use up maybe one can a year. And I wasn't really thinking about making a statement, or finding my Holy Grail fragrance, I just wanted to smell good. And, honestly, I didn't even really know that this fragrance universe existed. Oh, I mean, yeah, I'd see the fragrance counters in the department stores and whatnot, but I just had never given it a second thought. Till one day my can of Axe ran out and I thought perhaps I should get something good instead of replacing it. I probably should have replaced it. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrOfTheSoul
    There is one scent discussed there, Andron by Jovan, that's supposed to have pheromones also. Anyone tried this?
    I had a small 1 oz splash bottle of it. It starts off very musky (similar to Jovan Musk) and then dries down to a powder bomb. I really don't know if pheromones in fragrance are effective on humans or not.