Code of Conduct

Thread: Clean Men

Default Clean Men

I have been missing Clean Men as of late. It is cold here and coming in at night and warming up in a hot steamy shower follwed by some spritzes of Clean just sounds cozy and relaxing. This is truely and good fragrance for feeling fresh and clean. It is uplifting and exuberant. For a good, non-offensive fragrance that has a soapy fresh feel, I prefer this over gendarme. Anyone else like this? It is linear but I do not like it for lack of evolution, it is the "anti-fragrance".

Default Re: Clean Men

I tried it a few times and didn't care for it either time. It's funny how people have a different idea of fresh, to me it smelled like bubblegum, fizzy soda and pez candy - not something I'd associate with "fresh".
    It's a fun novelty cologne IMO, but I'd never buy it, certainly not for a full retail price. I'd probably get bored with it within days.

I like it a little as far as just a good linear grapefruity soda scent and the fact that no one else really wears it probably because no one wants to pay an arm and a leg for such a "novelty" frag. *I think there are better clean frags out there myself.
    Try Geir by Geir Ness (fresh white flowers) or L'Ea de L'Artisan (freshly cut lawn on a spring day)...much better scents. *Although I do wear Clean Men sometimes, it is more of a second string frag. ;D

oh yeah, you can sometimes find Clean Men on ebay for around $55

I love clean men, It reminds me of a childhood smell.

I love it too. It was the one bottle of scent I actually used up this past year. I find that there is something very uplifting in its smell.
    It is very expensive so I wasn't running out to get a new bottle....but then Sephora had their 20% off sale, and ....well....you all know how that goes. ;D
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Blog Entries

I always give this one a sniff when I go to Nordstroms. *It's very pleasant & a downright good smell. However, I don't like it well enough to get it though. There are other frags I prefer when I want to smell clean
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

This use to be one of my fav. frags when it first came out but it fell in the charts after a while....lol....I did not buy another one when I shot the last spray.........

Peace and Safety,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 3rd June 2007 at 07:05 AM.

I've tried this at Sephora and it didn't do that much for me. Just another green. So many better out there like Gendarme, TM Cologne, and yes maybe even Geir to second an already stated opinion. I think if you're going to use it so minimally you might as well get a decant instead of a big bottle.

I tried this one some time ago and I like it. It's very fun, fresh, "clean", sweet and candy-like. I think there's a shampoo that smells a lot like this but I don't remember the name - might be why some of us think of it as clean. One of the few scents that have actually made me smile when I tested it. Lasts forever on me too, which is quite unusual for fresh, clean scents. It doesn't develope at all but it's quite good for what it is.

It's just damn expensive and whoever figured out that it should only be sold in 128ml bottles should be fired. I won't be buying this at I don't see it as a winter scent. Also, it would make me feel like starting in high-school again - it smells "young" to me which isn't really something that I want. Perhaps I will get it later for hot days in the summer with jeans and t-shirt...

Is this one expensive? I thought it was in a quite ordinary price range... I will have to see what it retails for here in Sweden tomorrow. I know I tested it once in one of the stores they have here, but they've changed owners since then. But I also recall I had high hopes on this one, but didn't like it at all and it did not quite live up to it's name.

I've been a fan of Clean Men for some time. It's fresh, clean, and sensuous all at once, and I haven't smelled anything quite like it anywhere--so throw in unique as well. I don't wear it that often, but when I do I really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Is this one expensive? I thought it was in a quite ordinary price range... I will have to see what it retails for here in Sweden tomorrow. I know I tested it once in one of the stores they have here, but they've changed owners since then. But I also recall I had high hopes on this one, but didn't like it at all and it did not quite live up to it's name.
    I guess it isn't that much more expensive per ml but it's only available in a 128ml bottle which, to me, is quite a lot. As far as I remember it retails somewhere around 110$ here in Denmark.

It retails for $79 USD here is the US.

acatually now that I remember, the drydown of Clean Men is what the fragrance is intended to do which is create a secent of freshly showered. *Some might argue that this is not a freshly showered scent, but the drydown is a slightly citrusy mostly soapy scent and does get compliments. *It is pretty close to what it was trying to do but the price is a wee bit high IMO.
    I bought two bottles on ebay fro $110, not too bad. *I would definitely call it a light scent as far as the impact on others. *But nonetheless one cannot deny the fact that it truly does make you smell clean. *The initial blast is a carbonated grapefruity scent but that eventually goes away. *One might argue that it would be cheaper to just shower and use some sort of zesty soap, however that scent usually goes away after about an hour or so obviously, if not sooner. *I just wore it on Sunday so I was able to give a better opinion of it.
    Geir, on the other hand, is quite the opposite and is NOT a light frag and does not make you smell "clean" *Fresh and flowery sweet is what it makes you smell like and also gets compliments(lots) but I wouldn't consider it a casual frag as it is best used anywhere else except an office or any kind of formal setting where you don't really want to attract attention but you don't want to smell bla either. *I imagine that is why green irish tweed is so popular among suit jobs, like mine ;D

Well, a long-time lurker, but my first post (at least on the "new" board). This one (Clean Men) is just awesome -- as long as you know what it's trying to do. Very simply it starts out as Coast Soap, blast of freshness, and dries down to Zest Aqua Pure -- a basic "soap" scent. This is a cologne to wear when you want to smell great, but don't one to be obviously wearing cologne. Other comments appreciated.

Surprisingly no one mentioned its really, really, poor staying power...

it lasts like 15 minutes or so, it fades so quickly that you begin to wonder if this scent has middle and bottom notes at all. Yeah and one more thing: the price is a total rip-off for what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent
    Surprisingly no one mentioned its really, really, poor staying power...

it lasts like 15 minutes or so, it fades so quickly that you begin to wonder if this scent has middle and bottom notes at all. Yeah and one more thing: the price is a total rip-off for what you get.

That's what I thought at first, then I realized that the drydown was the real aim of Clean. At least on me, that dry soapy scent lasts many hours. I

I agree with the people that say the drydown is where Clean Men is at. The initial 'carbonated grapefruit' blast only lasts a short while on me and is gone before I leave the house, then it settles down into a definite clean smell, although i'm not sure if 'soapy' is the term for it. It's most definetly something for warmer weather and more casual occasions, I tend to switch between Gendarme and Clean Men for office wear, and people are split as to which one they like better (although male coworkers seem to dig Clean more while female coworkers tend to respond to Gendarme...go figure). While I do find that the drydown lasts quite a while on me, it doesn't project very far.

The one thing i've noticed with Clean Men is how much you use can create huge changes in the smell. Once or twice i've accidentally double-spritzed or done the anti-spritz (where for some reason instead of pressing the atomizer down and getting a nice mist, you do it too slow and a stream of Clean comes out leaving a big noticable wet splotch on the wrist) and in those cases Clean Men turns into a disaster: the citrus grapefruit part becomes overpowering, and instead of fading in 15-30 minutes stays around forever, changing into a rancid - sickly - sweet smell. But when i'm not spacing out and actually spray properly, it behaves quite nicely.

I usually blast myself with CLEAN MEN 90 mins before going out..

Smells super clean soapy fresh.. The drydown is definitely where its at!!!
    Last edited by deck89; 2nd June 2007 at 01:20 PM.