Code of Conduct

Default VIP Room Signature

I'm just smelling a sample of this one and it is AMAZING. This is me. A tad similar to Bvlgari Black but with a nice twist. I can't go in on it more than that really, I just wanted to share my excitement over this. Quite pricey, but I am getting a bottle with my next paycheck, even if it will be my only perfume that month. Damn ugly bottle though, ugly as hell actually.

Today I've also tried:
    CdG Sticky Cake - Awesome. Sweet sweet bread. True love.
    CdG - Shiso - Cummin, and green. Can't really say if I like this or not. Very different, at least at the beginning. Very sour, but still pleasent. I've bought a blind bottle of this so I will have a lot of time to see if I like it or not. But right now, I'm not convinced.
    L'Artisan Navegar - My ex says this one smells like my naked body under the bedsheets. I got quite eager to try this one since after that comment (and I trust her nose a lot) I thought this might very well be something that could become my holy grail. And it is good, no doubt, but subtle (like the smell of skin is I guess). I'm getting a bottle of this as well. I think it reminds me a wee bit of their L'Eau de L'Artisan.
    L'Artisan - Premier Figuier - Seems I only tried good stuff. This one reminds me of my parents garden. Very nice. A very comforting green scent.
    Miller et Barteux - Green, Green, Green and Green - It is green no doubt, but not that green. Very nice and somewhat spicy smelling. Reminds me of something I haven't yet figured out. I believe this one is also a must have. Jesus Christ, this will ruin me.

Default Re: VIP Room Signature

Ya know - I tried this one thinking I would love it, and actually I quite liked it and agree with the comparison to Bulgari Black...it also slightly reminded me of Hanae Mori Eau Fraich for Men...but the lasting power was medicore and the price tag a bit high for what the scent really was and so I quickly dismissed it...

Funny about Shiso - it's a hugely popular (and edible) leaf here in Japan and shows up in sushi quite often, sometimes in vodka, and other times in various and sundry snack foods. It's great when eaten with sashimi, and freshly picked, kinda slightly minty, airy green leaf...very unique, but I wasn't too pleased with CDG's version...I wouldn't really wanna smell like that...but then I love CDG scents in theory, though not quite for actually wearing!

And yes, Premier Figuier never gets much mention here on BN and its one of my favorites and wa sone of the first to set the fig trend going that was all the rage about 10 yrs ago!

marls

When I tried this one I IMMEDIATELY thought Dior Homme.

A heard a lot of people say it's similar to Dzing! Is it as sweet as Black? Black is far too vanillic on me. Premier Figuer is the nicest fig scent I've tried, even though I don't like those scents as a rule.

Concord: I can't say I thought of Dzing! when I smelled it. Not animalic and silky smooth like that one at all. It feels like something constructed, built by an engineer and not something crafted out of love of the organic world. There is a dead feeling too VIP Room Signature, but I like that. The vanilla is very much present here, but not overly so. But I don't think I would consider this one if I was sensitive to vanilla...

I have been longing to get VIP for sometime now...Also heard that is has something in common with Dzing! - I hope not too much though, since the Dzing! doesn`t last on my Skin! at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Concord: I can't say I thought of Dzing! when I smelled it. Not animalic and silky smooth like that one at all. It feels like something constructed, built by an engineer and not something crafted out of love of the organic world. There is a dead feeling too VIP Room Signature, but I like that. The vanilla is very much present here, but not overly so. But I don't think I would consider this one if I was sensitive to vanilla...
    Thanks, I don't think it's something for me then (but I like vanilla sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    When I tried this one I IMMEDIATELY thought Dior Homme.
    I have tested...side by side and although somewhat similar...they are not as similar as I had initially thought....the drydowns are much different. I own both but wear th DH more often....the VIP...well, my wife said I smelled like a woman : I'll keep wearing it though ;D

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    I have been longing to get VIP for sometime now...Also heard that is has something in common with Dzing! - I hope not too much though, since the Dzing! doesn`t last on my Skin! at all.
    I get no similarities to Dzing! with the VIP one, none that I can think of at least and I've never associated the two together.

Something funny happened last week though. The girl I'm seeing now doesn't care much for perfumes or scents. She has the common ones like JPG CLassique, L'Eau D'Issey (which I can't help but love, allthough isn't it awful close to Aqua di Gio?), some Mexx and now last she got a bottle of Puma Flowing Woman. The sillage of that one actually has quite a bit in common with the VIP scent and I find that both fun and disturbing. When getting close to the skin on her they smell nothing alike. The Puma scent is confusing and messy to put it mildly, but that sillage... I do like it.

Alright, I ordered this now and I could really not afford it. But there was a sudden rush of panic here when I noticed Chandler Burr mentioned the scent and it's limited availability in that NY Times article today. Time for a big breath and some relaxation. It'll be alright Martin, you'll get your bottle. Don't worry. *patting myself on back*