Code of Conduct

Default Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte Question

The dry down on Hermes E D'OV is very nice. The initial citrus notes are too, but are predictably ephemeral. Is the drydown of this scent unique to ED'OV or do other Hermes scents have a more concentrated form of the same drydown?

I've tried Terre D'Hermes and I was so overwhelmed by the cedar that I couldn't detect much else, though I think I caught at least some similar notes in the drydown.

Does Hermes make the equivalent of EDOV without the orange?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte Question

Quote Originally Posted by achillesg View Post

Thanks!
    i recently tried Eau D'Orange Douce which is a variation of the Eau D'Orange line....it, to me, seemed like Eau D'Orange Verte without the citrus.....very interesting scent-----although it lasts about 20 minutes and is GONE! (like most Eau D'Orange scents...)

Post Thanks / Like

The remaining Hermes male scents (Equipage, Rocabar, BelAmi) are all quite different from EdOV. Have you tried the Concentre EdOV?, That lasts quite a bit longer with the same drydown.

Although not exactly the same drydown, if you like EdOV you might also like Hermes Vetiver Tonka or Rose Ikebana. Also, Hermes Eau de Mervellies has a nice orange note in it, though it's on the salty side instead of the sour side. It's classified as 'feminine' but there's really nothing feminine about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, all I get from Terre d'Hermes is orange. I never get cedar at all.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by achillesg View Post
    To answer your question, no.

Have you tried any of the body products in the Eau d'Orange Verte line? The cooling body gel extends the scent amazingly long. I got mine cheap from Imagination Perfumery.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought four bottles of EDOV Concentree at unlimitedperfumes.com . I paid only 30 bucks for each bottle. But just after I placed the order, they increased the price to 40 dollars each. I think they did it because of me. I think I would actually buy more bottles if they hadn't increased the price. EDOV is the perfect Christmas gift for males. It is a classy, simple and beautiful perfume.

EDOV is almost pure orange peel, so it is impossible to separate the orange from the perfume and still have something left. The answer to your question is no!

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 9th October 2008 at 08:35 PM.