Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default RED FOR MEN Giorgo Beverly Hills? x-file??????????

Hi i really curious in read a comments about this fragance,i,m very surprised for the prices i see in e-bay.
    But for example *i see a many members speak about DK Men or Patou Pour Homme,and yes they said that this fragances in theory is "normal" this prices,but never read a opinion that *justifies these prices for *Red Men G Beverly hills.

Who is the story about this mistery? who is the reason for this prices? very famous cologne in the past in Usa ?

thanks in advance
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RED FOR MEN Giorgo Beverly Hills? x-file??????

I don't really know why it's so expensive and sought out for. I have a bottle of it thanks to my father, who doesn't really wear cologne. Unfortunately I have a cold again, so I can't get a good whiff of it to accurately tell you it's character.

I can tell you that it smells very 90s or 80s, if that makes sense. :-?

Think about the macho, hairy chest colognes of that time and you basically got it. You're not missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    I can tell you that it smells very 90s or 80s, if that makes sense. :-?
    Think about the macho, hairy chest colognes of that time and you basically got it. You're not missing anything.
    BLASPHEMER! *

At us in Russia it has begun to smell practically not to whom it is not known Therefore the price for it good 40 $ pf 100 ml.
    You wish it to get?

It's not a great cologne, i had some and sold it. It's spicy, distinctive and yeah, fairly eighties in smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RED FOR MEN Giorgo Beverly Hills? x-file??????????

Are you aware of fakes of this specific one?
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Are you aware of fakes of this specific one?
    I am not aware of any counterfeit Red, VIP or Giorgio for Men being marketed.

I wouldn't be concerned unless you suddenly see many of them being offered for sale.

Good luck - I hope you get it at a good price.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

theres fakes of red for men?? thats just rediculous, althought I cant imagine there being a large enough market to actually start making copy bottles...

It's up to you entirely of course, but for the price they ask for a bottle of Red nowadays, I would rather buy something else, 'cause although it's a real nice cologne, it's not a great one/must have, imho.
    --------------------------------------
    And I don't know if there are any fake's being sold, but I do know that you can buy a good dupe oil of Giorgio Red real cheap, so maybe that's also an option if you really want to have this scent.
    Last edited by Domingo; 18th March 2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

I own 3 bottles of this and love this one along with the original and I'm expecting VIP in the mail soon which i tried once. I got good deals on Red but I really do love it. To me it is a very complex fragrance with cumin, spices, florals, and leather blended wonderfully. I usually hate cumin but for some reason I like it in Red. The closest thing I can compare Red to is Montale Greyland but Red is much more complex in my eyes. Sorry I can't describe it better but I do see why someone would pay $150-200 a bottle for this.
    Last edited by AZsmells; 18th March 2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I find the Perferred Stock by House of Stetson smells very close to Red for men by Giorigio Beverly Hills.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently acquired two bottles of Red for Men. While it's not widely available here, I have seen bottles here and there for normal prices, meaning around $35-$50.

I like it very much and have been quite impressed by my several wearings of it. I've read that some people think it is similar to Ralph Lauren's Crest, and I agree although I like Red better.

While I like it a lot I wouldn't pay $200 for it unless you are seriously into collecting fragrances. I think Patou pour Homme, which you mentioned and which I also own, is a superior scent and more deserving of the the high prices than is Red.

noggs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RED FOR MEN Giorgio Beverly Hills-Another blind buy!

Thank's guys!No much effort was needed to persuade me!The price (Buy It Now:29,99 GBP/about 60 USD for a 50 ml bottle) was at least rational ,the payment was sent and now I wait for it.The seller may have a stash of these,as there are nine more bottles available.It seems that the price was lowered,originally at 34.99 GBP.
    Another blind purchase, by the way .
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256