Code of Conduct

Default Do you have a signature scent?

Some people have a signature scent, if you have one what cologne is it? I like the idea behind it as people immediately know you are in the room if they catch a whiff. If you do have one, do you only have one for all purpose? Or do you have one for summer and one for winter etc. ?

Default Re: Do you have a signature scent?

I've recently just changed up my entire top 3 list of fragrances so I don't have a signiture anymore.

But I suppose if anything, it'd have to be Chanel Pour Monsieur. Although I won't be walking into a room and being recognized by everyone because it wears so close to the skin

Most basenoters don't have a signature scent because they got a HUGE collection.

But many have a signature note(s).. Mine are tonka bean, vanilla, musk and vetiver.

Signature scent? Nice idea. Unfortunately, it requires a degree of aromatic monogamy of which I don't think I'm capable.

Well it was Cuiron, until I discovered Basenotes. Uhm, yeah, you all know that story...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    Most basenoters don't have a signature scent because they got a HUGE collection.

But many have a signature note(s).. Mine are tonka bean, vanilla, musk and vetiver.
    I can see how that can work better for rabid *ahem*... avid perfume lovers like myself...

My signature notes are:
    Sandalwood, Citrus (Lemon, Mandarin, Bergamot, Grapefruit), Jasmine, Osmanthus, Ylang-Ylang, Peach, Rose, Cedarwood, Oakmoss, Incense (frankincense, Myrrh), Spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, etc), vanilla, vetiver, patchouli, leather and civet. ;D

They sound like the notes for a single perfume! My ultimate HG fragrance! ;D
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

For me, a similar story to that of other Basenoters - I used to stick with a certain fragrance for weeks or even months, until my collection took off.

At various times my 'signature scent' has been:

Tuscany
    Egoiste
    Sybaris
    D&G Pour Homme
    D&G By Man

Now I'm lucky if I wear the same scent twice in a week.

I'll be the first to say that I do indeed have a signature scent...GEIR. I barely discovered this in September, but I completely adore it now. Although I wear different frags as my scent of the day, Geir has been my exclusive scent of the evening for the past two months now. I've already gone through half of my 100 ml bottle, which is rare.

My signature used to be A*Men because of all the many many compliments I received...then I moved onto B*Men...same amount of complements...but because I have so many and love them all, it's hard to make just one a signature...

Sandalwood. For years my signature note has been sandalwood. Since I entered Basenotes I gradually have added some other notes: vetiver, patchouli, cedre, incense, etc. but always spining around sandalwood.

It has to be woody, if not, I will not wear it. I always try to stay away from flowery, aquatics, gourmands or citrus-centered scents. This would be the foundation of my "signature".
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Sanzio

Not a single cologne but a whole olfactory family: Oriental. Sweet with animalic notes! Well, and some chypres. I like 'erotic' fragrances... Joop, Paloma Picasso, Femme, Roma, Jicky, Magie Noire...

I haven't found the "one" yet, but I keep looking. I think that's what drives me more than anything when looking for perfume, is the idea that there is something better out there that I might like more. I try and limit myself to 5 bottles of fragrance, however, one regular summer scent, one backup summer scent (changed ever summer), one regular winter scent, one backup summer scent (changed every winter) and one fifth wheel. That seems to work well for me cos I get to add new perfumes every year without feeling overloaded, or that I'm neglecting any thing.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Still looking for mine, It used to be D&G Pour Homme, but too many people wear it. I'm still looking for something unique.

Nope. I have too many scents. I think having a signature scent is much more feasible if you only have a few scents.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

l'eau d'issey

Quote Originally Posted by Informer
    I haven't found the "one" yet, but I keep looking. I think that's what drives me more than anything when looking for perfume, is the idea that there is something better out there that I might like more. I try and limit myself to 5 bottles of fragrance, however, one regular summer scent, one backup summer scent (changed ever summer), one regular winter scent, one backup summer scent (changed every winter) and one fifth wheel. That seems to work well for me cos I get to add new perfumes every year without feeling overloaded, or that I'm neglecting any thing.
    Same here... still looking for my fifth wheel though.

At the moment my signature is Bulgari Black. It's so nice and warm when it's snowing.

At the moment I have about a dozen. *Before this obsession really blew up for me though I would only own 1 or 2 different fragrances at a time. *In the past my signature scents have been:

High School
    Drakkar
    Cool Water
    Tommy for men
    Claiborne Sport
    Polo Sport

Freshman year of college
    Halston Z-12
    Oscar de la Renta
    Nautica Longitude

Sophomore year of college
    Dunhill X-Centric
    Dunhill Desire Blue
    Joop

Junior year of college
    Magnetism
    Hanae Mori

Currently a senior and regularly rotate all 12 that are in my wardrobe plus whatever samples and decants I have. *It's fun to look at how my taste has evolved.

Oh yeas thank you for asking this is very rare to be asked !!!

Concerto Fragonard

I must say - you must really be in osmosis to be wearing a scent all the time but when you find one it is GRAND

laurent
    Invisible Power

Blog Entries

Since high school I have almost always had a bottle of both CK1 & CKbe in my possession. I've always loved both of these, but it wasn't until I found Basenotes that I actually APPRECIATED them, which may seem funny since they're VERY mainstream compared to BN community favorites. When I first discovered this place I wanted to try everything that everyone was raving about, & I discovered some amazing frags which I still love and admire. However...even though I wear this in rotation w/ my other great frags...I consider my "signature scent"...

CKbe.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia