Code of Conduct

Default Rate these fragrances

I am deciding between Burberry Brit, Guerlain Vetiver, Chanal PM, Dior Homme, and CK Eternity.

I wanted ask people here if they can rate these scents on a 1-5 scale on the following categories:

Sillage - 1 means very low sillage. Wears close to the skin, very subtle...5 means very high sillage. People will smell your scent across the room.

Longevity - 1 means the scent does not last. You probably have to spray it a couple of times a day to keep it going...5 means one spray and you're set. No need for respray.

Old/Young - 1 means it's a very, very young scent. Mostly worn by teens...5 means it's an old scent. A sniff of a 5 rated fragrance in this category means it's mostly worn by people in their 40's and above.

Masculinity - 1 means it smells really, really feminine...5 means it smells very, very manly.

I know most people probably didn't smell all these scents, but if you can provide me with info in any way, that would really help.

FYI, I was formerly known a cologneprince, but I forgot my password so I created a new name.

Default Re: Rate these fragrances

Welcome to Basenotes...or should I say Welcome Back!

I own decants of all of them so here are my personal assessments:

1.)Burberry Brit
    sillage:3
    longevity:4
    old/young:2.5
    masculinity:2.5

2.)Guerlain Vetiver

3.)Chanel PM
    sillage:2
    longevity:2
    masculinity:4

4.)Dior Homme
    sillage:5
    longevity:5

5.)CK Eternity
    masculinity:3

I gave all of them a 2.5 rating for old/young because I think they're suitable for any age. I gave most of them a 2.5 rating for masculinity because I think both genders could wear the scent as well. Again, these are just my own opinions.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Welcome to Basenotes...or should I say Welcome Back!

I own decants of all of them so here are my personal assessments:

1.)Burberry Brit

2.)Guerlain Vetiver

3.)Chanel PM
    sillage:2
    longevity:2
    masculinity:4

4.)Dior Homme
    longevity:5

5.)CK Eternity
    masculinity:3

I gave all of them a 2.5 rating for old/young because I think they're suitable for any age. I gave most of them a 2.5 rating for masculinity because I think both genders could wear the scent as well. Again, these are just my own opinions.

Cheers

Thanks so much.

I'm actually using CK Eternity as my baseline because I that is the only scent I have smelled before. So I wanted to compare CK Eternity to the other fragrances listed.

I'm surprised that CK Eternity has such high sillage. I personally thought it wore closer to the skin.

Also with the young/old category I was wondering what might be the average age of people who typically wear these scents. I hear good things about the vetiver, but I also hear that it's for an older crowd. I'm in my mid 20s and wanted a scent that was a little older, but not too old - a scent for a 27-30 year old man.

I'm sorry, let me apologize in advance but I just have to say it: *"Welcome, formerly known as cologneprince."

Quote Originally Posted by foetidus

I'm sorry, let me apologize in advance but I just have to say it: *"Welcome, formerly known as cologneprince."
    LOL ;D

Anyways, Guerlain Vetiver really doesn't strike me as an old person's fragrance. My friend who is 23 yrs old wears it exclusively and it seems to match him quite well. On me, Eternity has a lot of sillage. Then again it also depends on your method of application.