Code of Conduct

Thread: Shopping blind

Default Shopping blind

i found this really , REALLY good finish fragrance site that haves 558 mens fragrances.IM IN HEAVEN!!

And of course im ordering something , but as they dont have any samples i need your help.Heres the ones i have been looking.

Ungaro III eau 1.7oz for 36,79 EUR

Hanae Mori eau 1.7oz for 43,49 EUR

Lolita Lempicka - Au Masculin 3.3oz *59,64 EUR

What do you think i would like the best?You can look at my wardrobe what i have and like.

I would put the link here so you could check out waht else they have , but im not shure if you can put links??!

Default Re: Shopping blind

Considering the scents in your wardrobe, i would go with Lolita.

But i think the best of the bunch is Ungaro III.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    Considering the scents in your wardrobe, i would go with Lolita.
    but i should probably said that out of my wardrobe Rouge and A*men are definet keepers.The rest im not so happy about.So im looking for a nearly fresh start.

And what about the links?!

Quote Originally Posted by Peace
    [quote author=ajmc link=1133372542/0#1 date=1133372922]Considering the scents in your wardrobe, i would go with Lolita.
    but i should probably said that out of my wardrobe Rouge and A*men are definet keepers.The rest im not so happy about.So im looking for a nearly fresh start.

And what about the links?![/quote]
    Those were the main two i was thinking of when i wrote Lolita.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I think links are fine. I've posted several with no complaints..................

Don't know those scents so no comment on them.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Ungaro III is a damn fine fragrance, but, as always, one must keep in mind that scent is subjective. I love my bottle of Yang which I received on Monday, but someone here, who didn't like it, actually described it as smelling like smoked meat/sausage. I have no doubt that when he sniffs it that's what he's experiencing, but I love the stuff and sure as hell wouldn't wear something if I thought it smelled like smoked meat/sausage. So, if I were you, I'd definitely get the Ungaro, but then again, you may get it and think it smells like...I don't know...funky old shoe odor or something. ;D

The one time I shopped blind I ended up with a broken toe and grocery cart full of slimfast and prune juice. ;D
    I will never do that again, I lost alot of weight and spent most of the time on the toilet.

Wow....all three look enticing. I own Lolita and HM and am considering Ungaro III. All three are nice, but all three are different.

http://www.benecat.fi/

Theres the link to the site.For mens fragrances click on Miesten tuoksut=Mens Fragrances.If theres anything else on the site that you people think i would like let me know

GnuGnuAntiloop

i found this really , REALLY good finish fragrance site that haves 558 mens fragrances.IM IN HEAVEN!!

And of course im ordering something , but as they dont have any samples i need your help.Heres the ones i have been looking.

Ungaro III eau 1.7oz for 36,79 EUR

Hanae Mori eau 1.7oz for 43,49 EUR

Lolita Lempicka - Au Masculin 3.3oz *59,64 EUR

What do you think i would like the best?You can look at my wardrobe what i have and like.

I would put the link here so you could check out waht else they have , but im not shure if you can put links??!
    Hi there!

You may want to check out www.strawberrynet.com too before placing an order. This e-store has all the products you named, but at the cheaper price

* Au Masculin 100 ml edt spray *EUR 49.50

* Hanae Mori edt spray 50ml * * *EUR 38 * *
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 100ml * * *EUR 48.50

* Ungaro III 50ml edt spray * * * EUR 29.50

And www.dutyfreeperfume.co.uk offers Lolita for £22 plus shipping £3.95 (~39 euros)!!! Of course from Ebay.com (ebay.co.uk, ebay.de) you'll probably find all the three for even more affordable prices!

Based on your wardrobe I find it hard to recommend any of the three over the other ones. You know it depends what you're looking for and even more your personal taste! But I'll try my best, so here we go!

Au Masculin is a gourmand scent like A*men and if that's what you're looking for my verdict is that Au Masculin could fit the bill. It's very strong in anise and liquorice, so you really need to like these notes! I would classify Hanae Mori as a semi-gourmand scent, since I don't detect any edible notes in it (if we don't regard black currant as such). Some others have said that they can pick up white chocolate in it, but my nose ain't probably sophisticated enough and all I get is sweet fruits, berries (back currant) and flowers on a vanillic sandalwood base. It's heavily sweet and in that sense it's similar to A*Men, otherwise they are quite different gourmands to my nose - A*men being dark (chocolate and patchouli makes in dark to me) whereas HM being brighter thanks to it's more emphasized floral and fruit notes.

I have only sampled Ungaro III (several times though) and it isn't my cup of tea :-/ But you might even love it! It smells a bit old school scent to my nose and I believe that's why I don't care for it that much. To my nose it's soft, floral, yet dark semi-sweet scent - drier and darker than Xeryus Rouge, but still having somehow similar "touch" in it. It's been refered to as a gothic fragrance, so if such a scent is in your style then Ungaro III could fit the bill too!

Tough case, ha?! I've been in your shoes many times - it's a pain in the ass to live here where we have only the most best selling designer scents in our stores! If only I had those scents I would love to send you samples, so you could try before buy! But perhaps there will be some other helpful basenoter, who has at least one or two of these scents and who could make you a big time favor and send you samples! My lesson has been that NO ONE except yourself can tell you if you're gonna like something or not since liking any scent is deeply a personal thing. We can here give you only our guiding verdicts!

Take care and welcome on board!

Cheers,
    another Finn Tero

ps. I would love to know, what is this Finnsih e-store you've found!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GGA

ps.great post!

GnuGnuAntiloop

[quote author=GGA link=1133372542/0#9 date=1133429150]

ps.great post![/quote]

BIG thanks and you're welcome! I noticed they have Creed fragrances on that site too - HURRAH They are finally obtainable here too!

-Tero-

Quote Originally Posted by GGA
    [quote author=Peace link=1133372542/0#10 date=1133429403][quote author=GGA link=1133372542/0#9 date=1133429150]

ps.great post![/quote]

BIG thanks and you're welcome! I noticed they have Creed fragrances on that site too - HURRAH They are finally obtainable here too!

-Tero-[/quote]

A little piece of heaven

Considering that you already got a chocolate scent, I think you should go for the Lolita Lempicka. Don't know about Ungaro III, I haven't try it so no comments about that one. Unless you hate aniseed or liquorice, you will love Lempicka! Its a very unique fragrance.

I was thinking that only thing A*men has that i dont like is the cloying smell that stick on the top of your mouth.Does any of these 3 cent have the same character?And what about Animale?Is it better than A*men?

Beacuse i wish that A*men would be more like the drydown after *4-5hours.Subttle chocolate.But long lasting

come to think of it.I dont like fragrances that are cloying.Might be the possible asthma that runs in my family :'(.Like the opening notes of Chrome, it makes my cough.

Rouge is perfect in my opinnion.Round and soft.

Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Quasar by J del Pozo

Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene

Cafe Cafe - Cafe Cafe Eau De Toilette (??)

Paradox for Men by Jacomo

Minotaure by Paloma Picasso

Escada - Silver Light Eau De

Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge by Jacomo

theres some other´s i found intresting.Has anyone tried these or has them?Im looking at the moment something for the winter and summer.Nothing too heady or cloying.So i dont get breathing problems

GnuGnuAntiloop

Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg *- *I haven't ever smelled, but some reviews here: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120805.html

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne *- *owned once, but can't remember how it smelled. Check this out: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121716.html

Quasar by J del Pozo - like XS owned once, but so long time ago I can't remember anymore how it smelled *:-/ *http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121338.html

Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene - smells very close to Boucheron pour homme (which you should find here in Finland too)

Cafe Cafe - Cafe Cafe Eau De Toilette (??) *- never tested

Paradox for Men by Jacomo *- *almost like a rounder, sweeter and less dark Cacharel Nemo! Too sweet for my taste! more: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121255.html

Minotaure by Paloma Picasso - again, owned once, but too long time ago! http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121103.html

Escada - Silver Light Eau De - http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121486.html

Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge by Jacomo - Le Male clone

Cheers,
    Tero