Code of Conduct

Thread: Bleecker Street

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bleecker Street

Tested this at Neiman Marcus yesterday. From the test strip, I'd classify it as a floral chypre. It smelled nice and clean. However, something about it smelled so familiar. Then it struck me that it smells a lot like Kiton. I tested the two side by side in the store. While there are a few differences, the resemblance is quite apparent IMO. Anybody else make this connection?

I didn't get a chance to try it on my wrist because my arms were already full of other scents that I was testing. Perhaps it's a different story on skin.

Default Re: Bleecker Street

Sorry, I see absolutely no similarities...IMO Bleecker Street is a VERY GOOD scent....I also recently tried this and was blown away....the drydown is Spectacular! Bond's no.2 behind New Haarlem IMO....it starts off green but ends up an awesome wood/vanilla/cinnamon on me.
    as a matter of fact....I just splurged for a 100ml from our good friends a beautycafe.com ;D

Bleeker street is a clear rip-off of Ralph Lauren Purple Label > >. yah yah good quality, drydown slightly different etc. etc.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely have to go test this again tomorrow. Perhaps the similarities I found with Kiton was a result of burnout from testing so many scents. I also wasn't able to experience the drydown since it was on a paper test strip. I'll post again with my findings.

I haven't sampled RL Purple Label so I don't know how they compare.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it. I don't know RL P or Kiton but I thought Bleeker stood up well. What I found intriging was the initial floral shifting at the drydown. What I get is just the slightest hint of caramel at the base that, to my nose, makes this unique. I'm trying to unload my Riverside Dr. and when I do...I will buy this one instead.