Code of Conduct

Default Yang...love at first sniff!

Well, after purchasing a decant of Patou Prive recently from Scentemental, I swore I was through for a while. I just bought a new car...and the holidays are upon us and all that. But, I made the mistake of combining my wallet, the internet, and copious drinking last Monday night. Perfume Bay beckoned, and I purchased a 50ml of Yang...a blind buy based on so many of the hearty Basenote recommendations. Well, the box of Yang was sitting on my porch when I got home today...oh glorious sight, and I'm sitting here now sucking in the glory of this wonderful fragrance. There is a tiny, and I stress tiny, similarity in the opening to SMW, which is one of my favorite fragrances. This disappears rather quickly, and is not apparent when you bury your nose in your arm, so to speak. Yang is not nearly as "bright" as SMW, which isn't a bad thing at all. I don't find it as smoky as say, Tea for Two, either. It seems fresh and spicy...and...it's just...well...damn...over 80 fragrances tested in 6 months, and nearly 30 decants and bottles purchased and I still utterly suck at describing fragrances. ;D Just suffice it to say this is a great one, and though I generally like to try before I buy, this one has been a great blind purchase.

Default Re: Yang...love at first sniff!

This one is next on my "to try" list. I'm kicking myself in the ass now because I saw a 50 ml bottle on ebay for a Buy It Now price of $20 and I let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    This one is next on my "to try" list. I'm kicking myself in the ass now because I saw a 50 ml bottle on ebay for a Buy It Now price of $20 and I let it go.
    WOW! I think we should all be kicking your ass for not buying it. It's a very lovely scent. Not only does it smell great, the sillage is mega crazy on this one.

Uuuggghhh. Allow me to dissent. One spray and it landed instantly on my swap list. It's gone now and I'm glad of it!

Honestly, I'm partially kidding and I can see how some guys would like this one. It just dawned on me after spraying this one that "tea" is not a favorite note.

I'm with Dave on this one also-----a loud PEE EEW from Central Ky. I don't know what it is that turns me off on this frag but I really don't like it on me at all-----kind of reminds me of smoked sausage or smoked meat soaked in vinegar or something kind of like that. I bought a three piece set of it blindly and have never even used the body wash or after shave because the EDT did nothing for me. What a shame because it gets such good reviews here. Oh well...........................

Give it another chance!!

Maybe your mind will change the second time

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Well, dont' beat yourself up because that's actually not that great of a price.

I got my bottle for $12 shipped off Ebay, others have had similar experiences.

Do buy yourself a bottle though. I loved Yang at first, then became repelled by it, and now I love it again. Turns out I was spraying too much!