Code of Conduct

Default Herrera Refreshing Ginger/Sensual Vetiver

Hi everyone,
    I was contemplating a blind purchase of one or the other of the above two. To anyone who's tried them, are they something like the original Herrera for Men with ginger/vetiver added, or are they totally different compositions?
    And how would you rate their staying power?
    Thanks,
    Renato

Default Re: Herrera Refreshing Ginger/Sensual Vetiver

I had the Sensual Vetiver. It's boring. It's just like the original Herrera for men, but with less longevity. Could't detect vetiver at all. Just the original Herrera in a green bottle. No Vetiver, no longevity. Boring . Stick with the original, if you like that one, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    I had the Sensual Vetiver. It's boring. It's just like the original Herrera for men, but with less longevity. Could't detect vetiver at all. Just the original Herrera in a green bottle. No Vetiver, no longevity. Boring . Stick with the original, if you like that one, I'd say.
    Thanks Eric,
    That's the sort of information I was after. The original is such an intriguing scent (I bought that one blind as well) that I was wondering if I was missing out on something special.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    [quote author=eric link=1132934795/0#1 date=1132940702]I had the Sensual Vetiver. It's boring. It's just like the original Herrera for men, but with less longevity. Could't detect vetiver at all. Just the original Herrera in a green bottle. No Vetiver, no longevity. Boring . Stick with the original, if you like that one, I'd say.
    Thanks Eric,
    That's the sort of information I was after. The original is such an intriguing scent (I bought that one blind as well) that I was wondering if I was missing out on something special.
    Renato[/quote]

It's funny how everyone's tastes are different...Actually, I love the Vetiver. I find it to be better than the original to my nose, slightly more interesting and greener, with a pronounced grassy vetiver note. This is one of my all-time fave scents which surprises even me as I don't really care for the original that much, and vetiver is not one of my favorite notes. But somehow, I keep coming back to it and find it to be comforting. I love it and definitely recommend it!

marlen

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    It's funny how everyone's tastes are different...Actually, I love the Vetiver. I find it to be better than the original to my nose, slightly more interesting and greener, with a pronounced grassy vetiver note. This is one of my all-time fave scents which surprises even me as I don't really care for the original that much, and vetiver is not one of my favorite notes. But somehow, I keep coming back to it and find it to be comforting. I love it and definitely recommend it!

marlen
    Yikes! What do I do now?
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Yikes! *What do I do now?
    Renato

A BIG thumbs UP from me! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Sensual Vetiver is what you get when you add raw vetiver to her original Herrera for Men. If you're looking for an alternative vetiver-based fragrance with a nice twist, then look no further. It's miles away from the Guerlain (which I also like very much), and others. It truly is unique, and very sensual.

For some reason, Herrera's (original classic) fragrances are not mentioned on this board that often; they are truly underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    [quote author=Renato link=1132934795/0#4 date=1133019222]
    Yikes! *What do I do now?
    Renato

A BIG thumbs UP from me! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Sensual Vetiver is what you get when you add raw vetiver to her original Herrera for Men. If you're looking for an alternative vetiver-based fragrance with a nice twist, then look no further. It's miles away from the Guerlain (which I also like very much), and others. It truly is unique, and very sensual.

For some reason, Herrera's (original classic) fragrances are not mentioned on this board that often; they are truly underrated.

[/quote]
    Thanks for your perspective.
    Actually, we used to discuss Herrera for men a bit some four years ago. My thoughts at the time was that it was an odd scent with a discordant note in it - that oddly enough, kept making me want to smell it over and over again.
    Renato

Renato,

You know, I get that discordant note that you're referring to more from the Herrera For Men's alter ego: Platinum Egoiste.
    What makes the Sensual Vetiver unique, is that instead of starting out with the vetiver as its central theme, it treats it like a slick jacket covering her original fragrance.
    And, in doing so forgoes the difficulty of having to tame all that earthiness which most other vetiver-based fragrances have to deal with.
    The same thing can be said about Herrera's Refreshing Ginger. It really is just a different 'jacket' thrown over the original scent.