Code of Conduct

Default Congratulation, Basenotes.

I'm posting this to convey my appreciation for the individuals who collectively make up Basenotes.

Recently, I asked a question regarding suggestions for a "less pungent" Allure. *In response, I received loads of helpful replies, all of which have helped in making a decision.

I struggle to think of a board that is so welcoming and accepting of everybody - rarely, if ever, is there a nasty word spoken, or does a thread decend into a cat fight. *So many other boards (about anything) are often filled with the most enormous egos. *Basenotes is just a bunch of people indulging their passion, and helping each other to do that.

So basically,

Well done, Basenotes!

Default Re: Congratulation, Basenotes.

Quote Originally Posted by sneak

I struggle to think of a board that is so welcoming and accepting of everybody - rarely, if ever, is there a nasty word spoken, or does a thread decend into a cat fight. *
    Really? What the #@*$% are you talking about????!!! *;D

Just kidding. But there HAVE been some catfights here before, and i confess to have enjoyed watching 'em! [smiley=evil.gif]

But yeah, Basenotes is a warm and comforting place to be, specially after a hard day's work.
    I'm glad that you feel the same, Sneak!

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

There's a pattern to this board. We first come here as newbies seeking answers to our questions, and then before you know it...we're welcoming other newbies and answering their questions. It doesn't get any cooler than that. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

This reaally is a great place to hang out and relax. I really enjoy reading the creative posts of the people here.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I think fragrance fans are just humble people. I love coming here and seeing new discussions that just captivate you or even make you buy something, because of the quality of the posts just get to you. I hope that doesn't ever change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    You know, I think fragrance fans are just humble people.
    I couldn't agree more. From experience I've noticed that other boards such as car/motorcycle/sports forums are comprised by a large number of "macho" people who make it a point to be superior than the rest. I consider fragrance fanatics artistic people who appreciate the finer things in life. We have class, manners, and a good sense of respect. I'm glad we don't have any "I've been a member longer than you so I have more authority" nonsense. Here, we're equal.
    Cheers

I get happy only by thinking about Basenotes and the people hanging around here.

I totally agree!!! Basenotes is a really cool place to be, full of friendly, helpful and clever people! Even in chat the mood is the same, so it's a real pleasure to talk with such smart people!

It's increasingly rare to find a good community on the internet, i'm very impressed by the spirit and overall atmosphere of this great forum. Not to mention the fact that I've recieved such good advice here and subsequently made some purchases that I'm really satisfied with.

Thanks!
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    [quote author=chris21 link=1132391861/0#4 date=1132466503]You know, I think fragrance fans are just humble people.
    I couldn't agree more. From experience I've noticed that other boards such as car/motorcycle/sports forums are comprised by a large number of "macho" people who make it a point to be superior than the rest. I consider fragrance fanatics artistic people who appreciate the finer things in life. We have class, manners, and a good sense of respect. I'm glad we don't have any "I've been a member longer than you so I have more authority" nonsense. Here, we're equal.
    Cheers *[/quote]

I totally agree with you on the fact that fragrance fanatics appreciates the finer things in life. It takes class as well as a sensitivity to art for one to fully appreciate a good bottle of fragrace. Fragrances are afterall, a form of art= from the exterior sculptures that evelopes the fragrance to the sound made when the rich liquid is released, followed by the cool feeling upon it bracing one's skin and finally releasing an elevating scent that has the power to transform a person (hell, i feel sLICKlike James Bond when I'm wearing an older classier scent)...a fine bottle of fragrance allows one to indulged in all 5 senses - a truly interactive experience not found in other mediums of art - distinctively only avaliable with fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi-seven
    [quote author=teflondog link=1132391861/0#5 date=1132467970][quote author=chris21 link=1132391861/0#4 date=1132466503]You know, I think fragrance fans are just humble people.
    Cheers *[/quote]

I totally agree with you on the fact that fragrance fanatics appreciates the finer things in life. *It takes class as well as a sensitivity to art for one to fully appreciate a good bottle of fragrace. *Fragrances are afterall, a form of art= from the exterior sculptures that evelopes the fragrance to the sound made when the rich liquid is released, followed by the cool feeling upon it bracing one's skin and finally releasing an elevating scent that has the power to transform a person (hell, i feel sLICKlike James Bond when I'm wearing an older classier scent)...a fine bottle of fragrance allows one to indulged in all 5 senses - a truly interactive experience not found in other mediums of art - distinctively only avaliable with fragrances[/quote]

Amazing Description there. I coudln't agree more. I truly belive that the abiliity to distinguish the different notes in a fragrance and experience its evolution is one of the finer things in life. This plus the way a scent can trigger memories and play with your emotions, I'd love to study the biology related to it and make more connections.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I get happy only by thinking about Basenotes and the people hanging around here.

Sometimes when I have to deal with "the more complicated kind of people" in real life I like to think he or she could be a Basenoter. That's enough to make me feel better! Often it's obvious that they are no Basenoters, 'cause most of these stink of cigarettes or worse ....

Heidi Ho :-*
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

fuckr

Quote Originally Posted by whitebar
    This reaally is a great place to hang out and relax. *I really enjoy reading the creative posts of the people here.
    Yawn... Creative? For months, it's mostly been about Aqua di Gio and Creed (for the umpteenth time!) and how to attract "babes". Where's the creativity? And to distinguish two evil-smelling stinks from one another certainly isn't creative. And if you want to attract a "babe", why don't you take a good shower before and try to be creative in your ... conversation??

So, all you "smart" guys, before you all fall asleep, what about some good ol' cat fight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuckr
    [quote author=whitebar link=1132391861/0#3 date=1132429894]This reaally is a great place to hang out and relax. I really enjoy reading the creative posts of the people here.
    Yawn... Creative? For months, it's mostly been about Aqua di Gio and Creed (for the umpteenth time!) and how to attract "babes". Where's the creativity? And to distinguish two evil-smelling stinks from one another certainly isn't creative. And if you want to attract a "babe", why don't you take a good shower before and try to be creative in your ... conversation??

So, all you "smart" guys, before you all fall asleep, what about some good ol' cat fight?[/quote]

AWESOME first post!! I wish mine was as good!! Cheeeriooooo!! ;D

dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like

[quote author=whitebar link=1132391861/0#3 date=1132429894]This reaally is a great place to hang out and relax. I really enjoy reading the creative posts of the people here.

So, all you "smart" guys, before you all fall asleep, what about some good ol' cat fight?[/quote]

Hmm, Cat Fight... Cat Fight... unfortunately we haven't heard about it here in the Old Europe, could you swap it? I'm really fond of scents which are good for going to bed and falling asleep.

At the risk of breaking the magic... if you don't haunt other chat forums online, then you might have no idea just how congenial and friendly and thus unique, this particularly special place is. Basenotes represents all that is good about people and about communities.

A big kiss for Basenotes!

Griff
    Griff

Yawn... Creative? For months, it's mostly been about Aqua di Gio and Creed (for the umpteenth time!) and how to attract "babes". *Where's the creativity? And to distinguish two evil-smelling stinks from one another certainly isn't creative. And if you want to attract a "babe", why don't you take a good shower before and try to be creative in your ... conversation??
    I disagree. I didn't think it was an awesome first post. But it certainly had creativity. And creative. Ad nauseum.

Post Thanks / Like

And if you want to attract a "babe", why don't you take a good shower before and try to be creative in your ... conversation??
    Wait, you serious?

And here I was, hanging around this board for months now, thinking that a fragrance could talk for me. Saying things like "Hey babe!" "Can we hang out?" or "Where's the bathroom?"

Thanks for the advice.