Code of Conduct

Default YSL Rive Gauche, Azzaro Pour Homme, and Brut.

Again, I'm following up on the recommendations you fine folks have given me so far, based on me already owning Faberge Brut for years and it was my first cologne back in 1997 or so.

I went out testing today, and FINALLY found YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme. At first blast, I didn't think it smelled like Brut. But a few minutes later, the middle notes evoked that reminiscent feeling of the very cold Christmas 1997, and I thought... BRUT!! A few hours later, it kinda died quickly. I honestly hoped it would last longer on my wrist, especially when the test-squirt of Azzaro Onyx on my other arm lasted all day. I'm not sure if I want it that badly now based on the longevity factor... :-? Maybe I should give it a few more chances.

Azzaro Pour Homme to me is completely different compared to Brut and Rive Gauche Pour Homme, but fantastic in its own right. I'm waiting to snag a bottle for cheap on Ebay. It's become my "gentlemanly" scent amongst my favourites which typically consist of "seduction in a bottle" fragrances like Gucci Envy and Chanel [Platinum] Egoiste.
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

Default Re: YSL Rive Gauche, Azzaro Pour Homme, and Brut.

Hysteria, if you enjoy Azzaro Pour Homme, you might want to check out Aramis Tuscany and Tuscany Forte (unfortunately discontinued). To my nose they share a similar character without being smell-alikes.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

I'll have to keep a sharp eye out for Aramis, considering I've NEVER seen Aramis in my local stores. :-? I'll ask around when I go out testing on Tuesday... thanks!!! ;D
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    Hysteria, if you enjoy Azzaro Pour Homme, you might want to check out Aramis Tuscany and Tuscany Forte (unfortunately discontinued). To my nose they share a similar character without being smell-alikes.
    --Steve
    I was about to say the same and might add, that I stopped using Tuscany years ago, as not suited for the office. My first bottle of Azzarro reminded me of Tuscany very much (orange rind perhaps) and it seemed much tamer. Now I want to go back to Tuscany, the new formula, which seems less cloying than I remember from the old one, but still more exciting than Azzarro Homme.

As concerns Rive Gauche - as much as I like it, on me it wont't last, or is very close to my skin. I want to smell what I spent my money for.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

i don't think there is any resemblance between rive gauche and Azzaro. Rive Gauche is a perfect fragrance for men whilst Azzaro is most certainly not, I'll come back to this in a moment. The fact that everyone is fretting that Rive Gauche might smell a little dated is testimony to the fact that "youth" is associated with the boring aquatic, androgynous sugary mess that is flooding the market today. We now have an endless selection of boring cliched fragrances which inevitably rear their mundane heads in cheap night clubs on student night. I make a game of it, How many douche's can I count with hair carefully sculpted to a messy peak, a low cut shirt whilst humming of Le Male. We are faced with a generation of morons completely oblivious to the paradox of their uniform individuality.

As for Azzaro it is a horribly overrated, boring fougere without any longevity or sillage and a rip off of paco robannne but without the depth.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Search for Gucci Nobile!