Code of Conduct

Default Frapin 1270 - Just Ordered Blind.

This fragrance has MANY supporters on other forums, but I've never really seen it mentioned here. I bit the bullet and ordered it blind today.
    http://www.beautyhabit.com/frapin.1270.html#290

Has anyone tried this? It looks very interesting.

Default Re: Frapin 1270 - Just Ordered Blind.

Yes, I got a decant of it.
    Smells very sweet and edable. I have to refresh my feelings - because I did not care for it for a long time and weared it just a couple times. Will post impressions tomorrow.
    As I remember - it was not MAN enough for me.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

It's a rich gourmand, but I found it a bit sweet and cloying. I had a sample, tried it a few times and just couldn't get into it. Reminded me ever so slightly of a much more refined version of Todd Oldham, and a tad like Dinner by Bobo...

marlen

I have a small sample of Frapin 1270. I find it rather difficult to wear, but Julian, you may just love this one! It's a gourmand indeed; in fact, I find it very reminiscent of the aroma of French brandy (no surprise)! Be prepared for a very special treat.
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

I can't wait. I'm all summer fragranced out. I can't wait to write a review of this one.

Ladylonestar

It's been a long time now, but I tested Frapin 1270 from a decant I purchased. I need to get out the decant and re-test but I recall it being quite "boozy". Even though I didn't see patchouli listed as a note, I picked up a very strong earthy patchouli note on immediate opening, which could very well be the old woods. There was also a peachy aroma as well, though I will say it did turn more orangey -- but it was more of a fermented fruit compote aroma. The thing about 1270 is that on my skin the earthiness I liked dissipated and the sweetness intensified though a soft and sweet woodiness remained, and a very light and refined leather-like note wafted in and out as did the aroma of liquor, whether wine or whiskey or whatever.

I recall that I thought I would more enjoy smelling Frapin 1270 on a man, but I also thought it would make an amazing room aroma. In a way it reminded me of the scent of an entire room of various aromas emanating from things and people, all mingling together with none overpowering another but creating an intoxicating bouquet.

I`ve retested yesterday.
    It`s eadable, gourmand scent. I found it not boozy (at least far less boozy than Eau de Navigateur of L`Artisan), very sweet (honey and vanilla), fruity-spicy, and then it goes into sweet-dry woods with vanilla.
    It should sound a bit like cognac without any spirits. But for me it smells like a birthday cake on a wooden plate.
    I can imagine myself wearing it for my niece and nephew (smells tasty!), for some Christmas party and to be sweet for someone special when we both have a cuddling mood...
    So you can assume that virility and sexuality of the frag are below zero.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

couldn't agree more!

J, looking forward to your thoughts. The notes sure sound yummy.

Matt

I quite liked this one. It reminded me very much of d'Orsay's Le Dandy. Of course they both share the same cognac note.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I just received this on an Ebay win *;D
    I have sampled and really liked it...it reminds me of a Lutens frag but not as "powerful"
    which is a good thing for me. *Has anyone tried this out since the last post in June?

I was shocked to see this thread pop back into the woodwork. I love Frapin 1270. I never expected to find such a nice Cedar Fruit blend. That will make a great SOTE tonight.

It seems to be getting "STRONGER" on me...my wife keeps coming in for a sniff ;D

At first I merely tested it from a sample and didn;t pay much attention to it. Yesterday I awas able to give a shpritz from a decant and I loved it! Totally impressed and totally in love...the time of year mught have something to do with this reaction, and as others have mentioned, yes, Le Dandy Light!

marlen