Code of Conduct

Default A*Men Vs Hanae Mori

I am thinking of geting one, I know what A*Men smells like but never tested HM as it is not available here, My question is it worth ordering HM all the way from the USA? or should i just get A*Men?

Thanks!
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: A*Men Vs Hanae Mori

Well, HM is smooth but not nearly as sophisticated or versatile as A*Men. HM is clearly a pale imitation of A*Men...go with A*Men!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the A*Men...HM isn't worth the hassle.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

HM is a bit more subtle, delicate, and refined than A*men. it doesn't make me say wow, but i do like it.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HM is not a "pale imitation" of AMen. That's discrediting a beautiful fragrance via the merits of something that half the population would deem as distasteful.

In terms of elegance, Hanae Mori has AMen beat hands down. Angel may win in sexiness and uniqueness, but not all would say that's a good thing. Hanae Mori is not derivative of anything; it's unique in its own way. But it doesn't tell the whole room that it's an experiment.

I like Amen but could never wear it for more than an hour. BMen is easier to wear but not quite as special.

Hanae Mori is very easy to wear, lasts forever (especially the EDP, which I actually don't recommend because I feel the EDT is a brighter, more balanced, more attractive fragrance), and has wonderful sillage.

I consider Hanae Mori much more sophistocated and classy. AMen could be tasteful in certain situations but versatile is one word I would NOT attribute to it!

I'm not sure if it's worth the international hassle. I'd see if you could get your hands on a sample or decant. They're not as similar as people hype them up to be, but I think Hanae Mori has relatively universal appeal. The only common gripe is that it's too sweet, but most people don't have this problem.

I'd also recommend getting a sample or decant of AMen before buying a whole bottle because I thought I loved it and was ready to buy it before I decided to actually wear it like I would wear it in real life, not just a wrist spritz, and I now know that it would be extremely difficult for me to wear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    HM is not a "pale imitation" of AMen. That's discrediting a beautiful fragrance via the merits of something that half the population would deem as distasteful.

In terms of elegance, Hanae Mori has AMen beat hands down...

I consider Hanae Mori much more sophistocated and classy. AMen could be tasteful in certain situations but versatile is one word I would NOT attribute to it!

...They're not as similar as people hype them up to be, but I think Hanae Mori has relatively universal appeal. The only common gripe is that it's too sweet, but most people don't have this problem.
    I agree. I don't want to dis A*Men because it is a great fragrance, but Hanae Mori is an elegant (or as close to elegant as a gourmand can get) and wearable fragrance that can more than stand up on its own. It would pay you to investigate it IMHO.

HM is the winner hands down, imho. Much more wearable that A*Men (and classier).
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Both fragrances are overpowering to my nose. HM is very fruity, floral and somewhat feminine. Amen has a bite to it that is not for everyone. Neither is subtle.

However, if I had to choose, HM is more elegant, less crude than A*Men. HM is bound to get you a ton of compliments whereas A*Men is already very recognizable IMO and smells, well sorry to say, trashy.

Frankly, there are so many more beautiful and more distinguished frags out there. If you're looking for something more discreet - at least among the newer fragrancses - try Dior Homme which has a lot of the characteristics of both but in a much more subdued way.

That is not to say that DH resembles either but you know what I mean....

Post Thanks / Like

A*men was my SOTD today. I received numerous compliments on it and I didn't find it too obtrusive at all. It does start with a sharp spike at first but mellows down to a smooth gourmand accord. HM is indeed more versatile between the two but the citrus note in the EDT gets tiring after a while. If you choose to go with HM then I would recommend the EDP version as it is much rounder and smoother IMO. I like them both but for everyday wear, I would go with HM. On the other hand, if you want to be a rock star, then A*men fits the bill.

Post Thanks / Like

If u want class go with HM if you want schoolgirls go with A*men. I stopped using A*men in the moment i could feel it on everybody else. It's tooooooo popular nowdays.

Thanks all, I thnk H.M sounds like the one for me, now i need to see if i can find it in London somewhere, or order it from the USA the EDT is very cheap on Ebay.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

I would take angel men over hanae mori anyday of the week. Angel Men is great if you wear one to two sprays of it. Hanae mori is just a syrupy mess anyway you spray it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm....I dunno. These two are different on my skin altogether!! The HM is a smooth, sweet citrus and woods smell on me. Very pleasant and inviting. The A-Men is much bolder with chocolate and slight woods and patchouli when I tried it. I don't think they are very much alike at all!! It's like comparing a 2005 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi to a 1966 Shelby Cobra 427. Both are cars, both run on gasoline, both are quick....but delivering the goods is a process done in two differing methods by two differing means.

Uhhh.....OOOOOOOOOOOO-KAY!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Can't stand either one. But HM is worse with its citrus notes, what the heck!, citrus and chocolate doesn't make any sense. So would pick A*Men as the lesser evil :-X
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

I never go more than two sprays on the chest of angel men. More than that will probably make you known from 10 feet away. One is the ideal, but I like to project angel men more. I can't live without angel men.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the community is torn between the two scents! :

So either they're both good, or they're both bad. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    It seems like the community is torn between the two scents! *:

So either they're both good, or they're both bad. haha
    They're both good IMO.

I dislike both, but if I have to choose one then it'll be HM cuz it's less impolite.

A*men for sure. Unique, sexy, gets tons of compliments and daring. Not for everybody while HM is more polite, I feel there are other gourmands. With that said, I really like HM just not enough to buy it.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I got today the HM Edp and my head is aching!!! Way too sweet!!! A*Men is much more complex and enjoyable!

Smile Re: A*Men Vs Hanae Mori

If you wish you may take my advice-
    First:buy both A-men and HM edp.
    Second:keep A-men for your personal usage.
    Thirdffer as a gift HM at your wife(girlfriend).

HM's fruit (lemon) and vanilla stand out. Angel has the big chocolate and patchouli. They're nothing alike but both are great.
    There is really no chocolate note in HM. It's the extreme sweetness that gives off that accord.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Hanae Mori over A Men!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

I happen to be testing HM today and I find it a very wearable frag. It's not too overpowering.... polite as people have put it in this thread. While A*Men will get you more compliments it's probably because you can smell it from 50 feet away. HM is more of a close up scent.

I can see a spot for both of these two in a wardrobe. They both have their places of use and different settings where they will fit perfectly.

If you are going to a nice dinner date with a more refined woman HM will score you points and she'll want to get close to you for some quality time. If you're going to a rock concert in jeans and T with a girl that has a pierced nipple A*Men will probably get you banged.

Edit: After replying I notice this thread was started like 5 years ago...lol
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Oh, the love/hateness of A*Men.

Hanae Mori is a much safer scent that is unlikely to offend anybody. If you're wearing fragrance to attract compliments from others, then HM is definitely the better choice. A*Men, on the other hand, has the potential of offending, terrifying, and striking fear into the hearts of young children. If YOU like A*Men and wear things to enjoy them for yourself, I'd the obvious choice. Both are great scents, though.

Angel for me all the way.....There is something about HM that I do not like.....Gary

They are both almost impossible to wash off! But I think HM stuck to my skin even more than A*Men.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com