Code of Conduct

Thread: Prada Men

Default Prada Men

Please, don't ruin my dream of playing the Cedriceccentric for once:

TheMoodieReport

SPAIN. The Puig group unveiled the hotly-anticipated debut men’s fragrance from Prada at the recent TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes.

Prada Man will be launched globally in September 2006.

“Our main objective with Prada Man is to create a classic of tomorrow,” Puig Prestige Beauty Brands Division Junior Brand Area Manager Charlotte Goldstein told The Moodie Report.

“This fragrance is elegant and sophisticated; a mirror of Prada woman….The overall image is of a ‘reinvented gentleman’.”

The juice is described as warm and amber-based, and targets men aged from about 30 upwards. The entire concept – including packaging and positioning – complements its feminine counterpart.

For example, the flacon features a decentralised cap, with the key ingredients engraved on a metal plaque. There is a masculine pump in place of the retro women’s atomiser.

The outer carton is navy blue and, like the women’s fragrance, will feature woven Prada labels. The flacon shape – twice as high and twice as narrow as Prada Woman – will enhance the visual impact when both lines are merchandised together, according to Goldstein.

The product line-up features a 50ml (€48), 100ml (€65) and a deluxe, refillable version (€85). Ancillaries include a deo stick, after shave balm, body and shower gel.

Meanwhile, Puig has created a lighter version of Prada Woman. The edp tendre is said to be ideal for Asian markets. Available as a 50ml and 80ml, it too will be launched worldwide in the second half of 2006.

Default Re: Prada Men

I'm weary of the hype. The second half of 2006 sounds like an awful long ways away, and considering the hype the fragrance has been getting, I wonder how it will live up to expectations. Hopefully it won't pull an ID4 on us (remember the Superbowl commercials for that movie? Had everybody stoked to see it even though it wasn't coming out for another 4 months. It was a big turd. I generally find anything that is advertised as much as that thing is, can't be all that good. Just look at Budweiser and Miller Lite. Budweiser cracks me up: now they have Budweiser Select, and the guy says "Never before have elements of a good beer come together..." It's about time they confessed Budweiser isn't good!) Ok, that was a little off topic. But it's Friday, and I think I need a beer...
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark
    I'm weary of the hype. *The second half of 2006 sounds like an awful long ways away,
    I agree and I concor on these thoughts...I love Prada Women and by golly this Prada Men had better not be a dud and irritate the piss out of me cause I will not be happy.................

Peace and Safety,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

I agree with Bark. *I do know that Prada for women is having trouble warming up on the market. *Just today I was speaking with a fragrance rep and she told me Prada is a very hard sell. *Which is interesting for I live in a very cold climate and scents like that should sell better here then say in California. *Puig recamped with a new fresher lighter version of the fragrance, which is never a good sign a/k/a Nu YSL did with EDT version.

In a marketing view point I don't understand Puig's resistance to rush this to the market while the iron is still hot it could help boost its women's sales at the same time. *This thing may be dead in the water by the time of launch trends in men's fragrances may have changed by the time of its launch.

This is just going to be interesting to watch how this unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark
    I'm weary of the hype. *The second half of 2006 sounds like an awful long ways away, and considering the hype the fragrance has been getting, I wonder how it will live up to expectations. *Hopefully it won't pull an ID4 on us (remember the Superbowl commercials for that movie? *Had everybody stoked to see it even though it wasn't coming out for another 4 months. *It was a big turd. *I generally find anything that is advertised as much as that thing is, can't be all that good. *Just look at Budweiser and Miller Lite. *Budweiser cracks me up: now they have Budweiser Select, and the guy says "Never before have elements of a good beer come together..." *It's about time they confessed Budweiser isn't good!) *Ok, that was a little off topic. *But it's Friday, and I think I need a beer...
    But regular customers have no idea there is a Prada man fragrance, it was introduced only to a few professionals! So there is no advertising, not yet! It's normal to prepare a launch one-two years before it happens. Prada Woman it's a luxury fragrance, it's their first perfume, it doesn't smell like fresh sexy clean, it has a specific target, who likes strong oriental fragrances. They target the asian market with a lighter version, like Gucci did with Rush 2 or EDP2, Dior with Dior Addict2 or the summer fragrances!
    I like to imagine Prada man like a better Ambre Sultan, but I'm not sure they'll take te risk!

Pity they aren't bringing out a Prada Man Talc. we could have shortened it to 'PMT'....Well I thought it funny.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove