Code of Conduct

Default D&G ph vs Dreamer

I'm getting more interested in tobacco scents lately (love Tabarome Millesime!!!). I wanted to look into these two and hear what you have to say about them.

Default Re: D&G ph vs Dreamer

It's an easy call for me as I love D&G and detest Dreamer.

D&G is quite similar to Tabarome, but has more of a sharp citrus top note. It's slightly sweeter as well. It has more pepper and no ginger.

Where to start with Dreamer? Initially it is a nice smooth scent, but after about 30 minutes an overpowering aniseed note comes along that obliterates everything else.

Both a worth a try, but I love D&G more. I advice you to try both because you can easily sample them both at a local department store.

I like D&G PH more because it has more variety in the notes IMO. But my ultimate tobacco scent is Havana.

Thank you for the replies. I will also have to look into Havana as it also gets a lot of attention on the board.

-Waseem

I like them both, but definitely prefer D&G PH overall. However, I get more citrus, wood and black pepper from D&G PH than tobacco.

Another fragrance I like with a strong tobacco note is Michael Kors.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

I think Tabarome is much better than either, but of the 2 I would choose D & G. It's a more interesting scent.

I did not like TM and ended up swapping it out. I d/k the two you mentioned but I can second the use of Havana :P.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

They were both scents which I found fascinating when I tested them on my wrist.
    But in the actual wearing, I usually start off thinking they're fabulous but start getting sick of them by the end of the day, and won't wear them again until a week or two has elapsed.
    D&G Homme has the greater lasting power on me.
    Dreamer is the more complex to me.
    Renato

I like both, but I'll be different and say I prefer The Dreamer. I find both of them pleasant but not anything especially attractive, so I'd say that I prefer The Dreamer because it's a little smoother and definately more complex, whereas D&G is rather linear on me, and while it is a well blended symphony of notes, it's a little mature and not terribly interesting.

D&G is boring.. and i never got compliments.. it's ok nothing special
    dreamer is UNBELIVABLE .. get compliments from babes, and it's much stronger than D&G so..
    overall i'd get dreamer, if for clubbing or going out.
    and i'd get D&G if i wanted to give it away.