Code of Conduct

Default Versace Dreamer, Iceberg Twice, or Jacomo Rouge?

I'm thinking of getting an "evening" type cologne, and the ones that I'm interested in are (also the ones that I can afford, lol), are Dreamer, Twice, and Jacomo Rouge. *Haven't sampled them yet, but I hope to soon.

Of these three, which do you think would be the best evening cologne? *The only one I have, is Diesel Zero Plus, which was a rushed purchase. *After having some time to use it, I feel that it's a bit too spicy, and too powdery.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Versace Dreamer, Iceberg Twice, or Jacomo Roug

For me personally, it would be a toss up between Dreamer and Jacomo Rouge. Jacomo Rouge is a sweet Oriental like many others out there. That doesn't make it bad though. Dreamer has a tobacco note to offset the sweetness in it. I don't particularly like the topnotes (reminds me of a permanent felt pen) but that fades quickly. It's a matter of personal taste so you'll have to try out both. I find that women tend to go crazy for Dreamer more if that makes any difference to you.
    I'm not ruling out Iceberg Twice either. You might even like that one better than the other two. Trust your nose.
    Cheers

Dreamer, definitely! Quite a unique frag, and very expressive, also a versatile daytime or nighttime scent.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Dreamer is a VERY divisive scent, as previous threads will attest. I started a thread named "Dreamer--Does it Rock or Blow?" and the overwhelming consensus was that it blows.

That being said, it doesn't mean you won't love it yourself.

I haven't tried the Jacomo, but Twice is one of my very favorite hidden treasures. Has a Boucheron PH/Jaipur richness that just smells great.

Don't know about Jacomo, but both Dreamer and Iceberg Twice are very worthy of checking out. *I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. *Fortunately, I have and love both.

Haven't tried J.R.
    Now*J de J *IS eveningwear---for frosty nights, *but that's another story.

Not a fan of Dreamer which I find too sweet, *though one must grant that while some women gag, *others go ga-ga over it *and*probably for the same reason-- the Iris at the heart. *

Iceberg Twice is a fun and underrated scent. * Not sure if I'd call it evening wear, though. *

But really, *you don't have a problem * You should be able to sample Dreamer at almost any mall in the US or Europe.

I'm not so sure about the others, so if worse comes to worse try:

http://www.scentmonkey.com/try-before-buy.php

Very cheap 1 ml samples.

Or just take my word and get Annuci, *or Roberto Cavalli, *or Salvador or---sorry, *got carried away.

Like drugs, *sooner or later , *it all leads to the hard stuff . . .

(sigh)

Mario.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

if u like Le Male, then go for Jacomo rouge...otherwise I"d prefer The Dreamer...
    grtz

Quote Originally Posted by renzo
    if u like Le Male, then go for Jacomo rouge...otherwise I"d prefer The Dreamer...
    grtz
    .......But Jacomo Rouge is more sweet and persistent.

Former Dreamer wearer, until the day I decided it reminded me of black bile. No kidding. It was the tobacco note coming to the fore, and it wasn't working. Gave it away and the new owner loves it. Still like the idea of the scent and wish it worked as well as it did the first couple of forays.

I have not tried Dreamer
    But between Jacomo Rouge and Iceberg Twice (2 of my favorites!) I'll have to admit I have a preference for Jacomo Rouge, for the more powdery and a bit sweeter yet calmer opening notes.. That said, Iceberg twice is still fabulous and does outlast (and by a lot) Jacomo Rouge.
    Ah, love is ephemere..

Thanks for the comments.

I think I might have trouble finding Jacomo Rouge to sample. *So for those who have tried it, would you consider it suitable for the evening? *I've tried Le Male, and I'd consider that suitable for the evening. *