Code of Conduct

Default Something from Neiman Marcus

I have a gift certificate that would cover just about anything fragrance wise from Neimans. What should I get? Any sggestions?

Default Re: Something from Neiman Marcus

would help if we knew what you already have.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

That's true. What do you like or want to add to your collection?

I cannot believe I did not list what I already have! From the Neiman offerings I have:

Green Irish Tweed
    Neroli Sauvage
    Silver Mountain Water
    Original Vetiver
    Un Jardin En Meditereanee
    Eau D'Orange Vert

These are the ones I already have from this store. I will appreciate any suggestions. While I visited Neimans about 3 months ago, I test from a card theL'artisan line and did not like any of them! That being said, fire away!

Acqua di Parma line, esp Sicilian almond?

( Nice problem to have, I got a $40 gift certificate at work for Thanksgiving at The Honeybaked Ham co. I know I should be grateful and think of all the starving people in India, but all I can think about are all the fat people in Beverly Hills )

Clive Christian 1872?
    :-?
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani
    Clive Christian 1872?
    I found 1872 rather uninspiring. X is a better scent but not worth the price IMO. I've still yet to sample #1 though.

Perhaps you should try Himalaya, SMW, and MI since they have a lot of fans here. I would also recommend you trying Acier Aluminium and Bois du Portugal just to break away from the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    [quote author=Mario Justiniani link=1132507303/0#4 date=1132542625]Clive Christian 1872?
    I found 1872 rather uninspiring. X is a better scent but not worth the price IMO. I've still yet to sample #1 though.

Perhaps you should try Himalaya, SMW, and MI since they have a lot of fans here. I would also recommend you trying Acier Aluminium and Bois du Portugal just to break away from the norm.
    [/quote]

I have had MI. Although I love it, for some reason it took me a long time to wear through a bottle. I love it but didn't seem to wear it much. I have yet to want to replinish it in my drobe. Bois du Portugal, well, I know it has its fans but it does not jive with my nose. It reminds me of something kin to the horrendous white diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor (which I sent to hell in a previous thread).

Himalaya gives me a headache along with BDP for some reason. Oout of the Clive Christian line, I did like the 1872 the best but found none of the 3 offerings to be worth the money. In that, I totally agree.

I wanted to like Aqua di parma so much but I could not get over the sweetness; that lemon candy feeling. I will say that I like the original much better than the assoluta. I could not make my mind up about the annick goutal line. Yes, I admit, Creed is king with me but I do not want to limit my drobe. Hmmnn, the debate goes on! Keep firing away!

Vintage Tabarome, if you are looking for something traditional,
    but very special. It will take you a very long time to get through
    the 250ml bottle, however.

trumpet_guy

I would recommend...

A pure parfum - try out Cartier Must, Kingodm Parfum...checkout the Guerlains and Chanels...

Try a classic Caron like Tabac Blond or Narcisse Noir or the new men's Impact...

Sylvie de Chantecaille's Frangipanne, Sisley's Eau de Campagne, Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe, Keiko Mecheri's Paname, La Prairie's Men's Cellular Treatment Fragrance, Diptyque's Essence of John Galliano, Lauder's JHL and Prada are all favorites of mine...

I suggest La Prairie's Men's Cellular Treatment Fragrance. It appears to be sold nowhere else and is remarkably good. I got mine in Vegas last week and at that time was shown some Donna Karan scents at $165 per bottle, which I think were unisex, were fantastic, and heralded as yet another NM exclusive.