Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Do you tell the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    No. Not when I'm wearing 'men's' fragrance.

Just thinking aloud, but with all of the effort that goes into the responses for "What Scent Is a Babe Magnet?"-type questions, if a woman asks what scent you're wearing and you answer, "Something French", you guys are not helping matters. I'm thinking the correct response would be to make eye contact, "Oh, do you like it?", smile and take it from there. Maybe even a conspiratorial, "Oh, do you like it? I'm not sure if I do. Its new." as a way of asking for her opinion and engaging in conversation.
    You should post more often.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    Just thinking aloud, but with all of the effort that goes into the responses for "What Scent Is a Babe Magnet?"-type questions, if a woman asks what scent you're wearing and you answer, "Something French", you guys are not helping matters. I'm thinking the correct response would be to make eye contact, "Oh, do you like it?", *smile and take it from there. Maybe even a conspiratorial, "Oh, do you like it? I'm not sure if I do. Its new." as a way of asking for her opinion and engaging in conversation.
    During those drunken nights at the club, I've responded with "Do you like it? Why don't we go back to my place so I can show you the bottle?" In some cases, sharing your scent pays off. :-X

I always tell the truth but no one believes me when I tell them its Joop :-?

I always tell the truth.Most people dont have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    Oh, i always tell them what i'm wearing. I like to see the befuddled look on their faces.
    lol Me too!!

:-? *<----- them

;D *<----- me
    Dave here.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    During those drunken nights at the club, I've responded with "Do you like it? Why don't we go back to my place so I can show you the bottle?" In some cases, sharing your scent pays off.
    Hmmm...I must remember to try that response sometime... *8-)
    Dave here.

Wow, I forgot all about this topic. Thanks for bringing this thread back to life dav-here! It's funny because in the past month I've been asked a few times what scent I was wearing. On those days my answer was usually "Geir Ness" or "Passage d'Enfer". The puzzled looks I got in response were priceless. *

Dependent

Generally truth. I've crossed my fingers when wearing something woefully girly like "Pink Sugar" that I would not be asked. If it's something niche or complicated, I follow the trend described here of giving a vague or house name and seeing if there is a follow-up question. For some people, the asking is basically just a compliment but if it were something simple that they'd see at the department store they might check it out there too. I see no problem in sharing with others. Good luck on the footballers all finding Geir too, by the way--Unbound can be picked up at Target or Sears, not so with "The Power of Norway"!
    Overcome by Fumes

The only time I have been asked lately was by my doctor (male) when I went for a check-up. When I removed my shirt he said 'you smell so good'!! 'What is your cologne?'

I replied 'Pour un Homme de Caron, no doubt you know it'. To my surprise he said he did and that it was a classic! Needless to say that he is not English - he is Spanish.....

Trot

Quote Originally Posted by Trotsky
    To my surprise he said he did and that it was a classic! Needless to say that he is not English - he is Spanish.....Trot
    .....and this is the end of the story :-?
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

If i'm wearing a mens scent, yes, i always tell the truth. If i'm wearing a womens scent, no it wont because i dont want them to assume stupid things about me if i told them i was wearing a womens frag. For example, if i am wearing aeromatics elixir i will tell people i am wearing aramis 900. If i'm wearing black cashmere i will say i'm wearing gucci pour homme. Or if i'm wearing a scent like Must de by Cartier that has both womens and mens versions and i happen to be wearing the womens version, i'll just say i have on Must by Cartier. Theres no need to tell people i'm have on the womens version. I wore Agent Provocateur before and when people asked i said i was wearing Morocan Rose. That wasent a lie because morocan rose is the predominant note in A.P.
    Awesomeguy

I was asked today what I was wearing by one of the guys at work. I had Lolita Lempicka on and for a split second, thats what I was gonna tell him but I know for a fact his response would have been 'Lolita what? Sounds like a girls perfume, etc etc'
    So I just said it was a new Hugo Boss....y'know, keep things macho sounding.
    'Oh right.....you smell like a women'

You cant win sometimes :-/

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I haven't been asked too many times, but I don't see the harm in being truthful, even if it's something the person probably hasn't heard of.

just my opinion, peace

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    During those drunken nights at the club, I've responded with "Do you like it? Why don't we go back to my place so I can show you the bottle?" In some cases, sharing your scent pays off. * :-X

what a great line! *Time for me to change "would you like to come back to my place and see the etchings that I did in prison?"

AZTEC

Never been asked myself for a stranger but a few times from friends + family, and I always tell the truth, and speak real slow.

I wore both Blue and Metal Jeans in High School and a good friend commented on how great I smelt.

My brother told me I smelt like Chanel #5 when I wore Creed MI.

[quote author=docluv45 link=1127693357/30#37 date=1132333645]Generally truth. *I've crossed my fingers when wearing something woefully girly like "Pink Sugar" that I would not be asked]

I wore Pink Sugar to work once (i work at a hotel) and a guest approached the desk and asked what she was smelling. *She stated she smelled belgian waffles. *I was not about to say "i'm wearing a cologne called Pink Sugar maam". *I said i was wearing a new cologne for guys called Candyman. * ;D
    Awesomeguy

Blog Entries

Last night I was out w/ some friends. We were @ a noisy club. One friend turned to me & said that I smelled REALLY good and she wanted to know what I was wearing. I was wearing Silver Mountain Water. Now, this particular friend is a woman who also likes wearing guys' colognes. However, she's not into niche frags at all, I don't even think she knows they exist, lol. I tried the best I could to tell her honestly what I was wearing, but she just couldn't hear me over the noise. So finally I said......

"Something French"
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Yep, all the time, and make an offer to write it down, which begets a big ole "forget it" or "never mind" from the inquirer. Might as well say I'm wearing Blah de Gack since all it does is cause consternation when someone suspects one of deliberate obfuscation. There goes that bastard who wears Ick au Poo again.