Code of Conduct
    cendana

Default Clive Christian Traveler Set for Men US$250 worth?

Hello again,

I am also thinking of getting the Clive Christian Traveler Set for Men at a price of US$250, since it is very expensive perfumes and I am just wondering if anyone can give me some comments about it whether it's really worth it?

Kind Regard,
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Clive Christian Traveler Set for Men US$250 wo

I just came back from the mall today and I tested both 1872 and X.

1872 - Basic citrus. Nothing special to me. In fact, it reminded me of Armani Pour Homme combined with Annick Goutal's Eau de Hadrien. When I got home I tried smelling my wrist to further analyze it, but I was disappointed that the smell already faded. That was less than 4 hours!

X - This one is good but not worth the price tag IMO. It's spicy and sweet. I detect nutmeg and clove in the drydown among other spices. Maybe it's just me but I also smell a slight hint of tea.

I haven't tried #1 because there's never a tester on display. But all in all, I think you could find better scents out there for a fraction of the price.

Post Thanks / Like

As teflondog says, the 1872 is a very disapointing scent. I do like the No1 and X. The problem with me is, do I want to spend my money on scent? or do I want to spend my money on the packaging? With the CC range, the money is for the packaging, not the scent.

Besides that, like many others, I just can't forgive him for buying out Crown Perfumery and discontinuing the scents, just so that he would have sole use of their distinctive bottle tops.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

cendana

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    As teflondog says, the 1872 is a very disapointing scent. I do like the No1 and X. The problem with me is, do I want to spend my money on scent? or do I want to spend my money on the packaging? With the CC range, the money is for the packaging, not the scent.

Besides that, like many others, I just can't forgive him for buying out Crown Perfumery and discontinuing the scents, just so that he would have sole use of their distinctive bottle tops.

Barry
    LOL..I was tempted for it. I definitely wouldn't spend my money on packaging as I would just discard the bottle once the fragrance is finished, but indeed the CC packaging is just sooo exquisite on Neiman Marcus's website http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...442&cmCat=

Post Thanks / Like

Got to agree, I saw these in Fortnum and Mason in London.

Don't forget too, the bottles are only 10ml each so I would imagine that they would get used up quickly.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's worth it if you want to have all three. I picked it up last year, and the box sits open right above my computer monitor. It has a nice little classy feel to it, plus each of the little bottles feels like it weighs a pound because of the tops. That being said, the scents themselves? X and 1872 are ok, but No. 1 is aptly named. I've seen bottles of it retail for either $550, or $650, so if you want to own it and have a bunch of stuff already where you're not going to wear it everyday (and they're not everyday scents in my opinion), then the trio is a good pick-up for the collection.
    The Bark Bites Back.