Code of Conduct

Default Ormonde Man and Swiss Army...

I recieved my samples of Ormonde Man, Swiss Army, and Swiss Army Altitude today.

I'm loving all of them right now. What's the longetivity of each?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ormonde Man and Swiss Army...

I was going to start a thread on this today. Last night I broke out a sample of Ormande Man and endedu p washing it off! I had always been a bit skeptical of those who said this scent or that scent gave them an instant headache but this one did to me! It seemed to last and last forever so I finally just went to the sink and scrubbed. I love Ishfakand, however.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Ormonde for Men mainly because it echoes some of the notes in the original Ormonde which I also own. On me it lasts all day.

I also love the Isfakand, although mine is the original bottle with the original name on it which was Isfahan.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Post Thanks / Like

Swiss Army has very good longevity with me--4-6 hours which is excellent for that type of fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry

I also love the Isfakand, although mine is the original bottle with the original name on it which was Isfahan.

Barry
    Wow! I didn't know the name was changed. Do you know why Linda did that?

Thankfully i have the original bottle as well. Isfahan is a much better sounding name.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Does any one know if the composition has changed along with the name. I have sample of isfahan which I loved and ended up buying it (Isfarkand) but Isfarkand smells slightly different. I was wondering if anyone had the same experience.

I got a sample of Ormonde Man and I liked this one a lot more then Isfakand. Isfakand had pretty weak lasting power. Ormonde lasted me 6+ hours with just two sprays on the neck. Swiss Army is also long lasting.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep forgetting to ask Linda why the name changed.

The formula is the same for both the old Isfahan and the new Isfakand. linda makes the scents in batches, all by hand so sometimes the quality of the raw material does change a bit if the raw material batch is different. I know a while ago she bought some of the Black Hemlock and she nearly had a fit because the colour was slightly different from her previous batch.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I only have experience with swiss army. I really like this one a lot and it lasts forever. At first I was reluctant to try it because I had seen it discounted so much, but it's one of my staples and is pretty fool-proof/nice scent.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re the name change - Isfahan (the place) has been in the news recently for its nuclear facility, I wondered if the fragrance name had been changes to separate it from that. I suppose it could be like having a fragrance called Sellafield (not sure what the US equivalent would be). It is a lovely scent,one of the samples that my partner doesn't wear often enough.

Post Thanks / Like

You could have a good point there hebe.

Barry

Roja Dove