Code of Conduct

Default Geir is too powerful!

I know this has been discussed before, but I had to bring it up again. I'm wearing Geir today as my SOTD - I applied lightly (I thought) this morning. Nine hours later, I swear to God that it's stronger now than it has been all day, and it's absolutely headache inducing - nauseating almost. One of the notes in particular is just relentless - it's very high pitched - an aquatic or floral note, I'm not sure which one. I love this scent when I first apply it, but it just wears me out. I think I'm done with this one. Luckily, I only have a tiny decant.

Default Re: Geir is too powerful!

I totally agree. Although Geir is a unique and high quality scent, there is something in it that is constantly "humming" it never seems to shut up. When I do wear Geir, I only spray it on my wrists never on my torso.

Quote Originally Posted by mason
    ... constantly "humming" ...

Perfectly described - I was going for the same auditory analogy with "high-pitched." It doesn't come in wafts, like some scents. It just drones on and on - there's a sillage pipeline from my chest to my nose.

That said, a little over an hour later and it's mellowing. Sweet relief!

nauseating! This is what happened to me with this. Until I discovered just a light mist in the air and walk through it.

Yup, Geir will slap you around a few times if you're not gentle with the trigger-finger.
    keepin' it musky
    Currently wearing: Frapin 1270 by Frapin

This one definitely needs to be tweaked to your individual taste.

But once you get it right ... it's fantastic!

I was thinking, while smelling the last few drops of my Geir decant, that maybe it was intended to have that driving everlasting scent because pure mountain air can do that to you as well. Pure snowy mountain air can be too much and cause headaches. Me personally, being a retired snowboarder, takes me to familiar country and after awhile, it is actually hard to smell anymore. I believe I posted about this awhile ago and no one seems to have the same experience :-?

I LOVE Geir and do not find it too powerful at all unless you overspray. But then again, I also like A*men so I have a natural liking for strong frags. If you're looking for a toned down version of Geir that is more "low-pitched" then perhaps you might like Bois d'Argent. I like that one too and find it to be quite soft.

Hi Baron:
    Don't give upon Geir. I find one VERY LIGHT spray that mists my neck and upper chest is all it takes. It will last for hours.
    One of my favorite scents, and my girl (a european beauty with quite an educated and sensitive nose) always comments on how great it smells. ;D

Thanks for the comments. I really should know better by now, but I thought I had applied it very lightly. The thing is, it wasn't so strong early in the day, and it seemed to just add strength each hour. Part of it is that my nose never gets accustomed to Geir - I just keep smelling it, and this eventually leads to scent fatigue. I had the same problem with Silver Mountain Water. I wouldn't be surprised if they share a chemical note - that cold-air mountain-stream note - that I'm particularly sensitive too. Next time with Geir I'll really underdo it and see if that works.

I think this sounds good, actually. Is it "fresh" all day? I have a hard time finding any fresh scents that will last an entire day... I wish they would sell Geir here so I could test it...

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    I think this sounds good, actually. Is it "fresh" all day? I have a hard time finding any fresh scents that will last an entire day... I wish they would sell Geir here so I could test it...
    Do you have a chance to test Chanel`s Allure Sport Homme?? If so, think of that with slightly more powerfull sillage with the touch of "moistiness".

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    [quote author=minilomaniac link=1132281018/0#10 date=1132355977]I think this sounds good, actually. Is it "fresh" all day? I have a hard time finding any fresh scents that will last an entire day... I wish they would sell Geir here so I could test it...
    Do you have a chance to test Chanel`s Allure Sport Homme?? If so, think of that with slightly more powerfull sillage with the touch of "moistiness".
    [/quote]
    Thanks, I can easily find that one... perhaps I can also find Geir the next time I go to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by minilomaniac
    I just got it today ,for my birthday tomorow, from wifey,and I'm testing it right now. So far it's not overpowering at all to me. Till now , that is, cause I sprayed just a little on my wrists. Will give it a full wearing later this evening,when I go out. By the way she ordered it from Perfumebay.

cheers, eric