Code of Conduct

Default Highly dissapointed with Luckyscent

I placed an order on the 25th of October and I'm still waiting for the goods to arrive... When a week had passed and there was still no confirmation email from them saying that they hade shipped my order I contacted them. The response was that since I ordered such a large order it would take longer. They only go down to the post office every 8-10 days (wtf is that?!? I NEVER EVER after 5 years of shopping online encountered such a slow business). But I thought alright, at least that has an honest explanation. On the 3rd of November I finally got the email saying my goods had shipped. But I'm still waiting...

I could be in trouble with the Swedish customs, but that was only happened to me once before... I was almost certain to recieve it this week. Perfumebay make sure I have my order within 5 business days. It usually doesn't take much longer.

Oh well, I guess all I can do is wait. But I will definately think twice before using Luckyscent again. And I'm sorry to say that, I love their selection and their website. It is so obvious they love perfume. :/

Default Re: Highly dissapointed with Luckyscent

I also love the selection they have, but I got tired with them pretty much once and for all: I send them mail two times, asking the specific information about their PayPal arragements, and they didn`t answer me at all.

I have heard that Luckyscent overlooks foreign people. >

Edit: Removed to protect the innocent.

It seems that Luckyscent does not serve European customers very well, I've heard from a Danish BN pal that first she never received her order and when she made inquiries about it, they never replied to her e-mails (the only good thing is that they didn't charge her, either).

Concord, I've never had problems with Salons Shiseido and I'm very sad to hear you did.
    (btw, Chergui is now available in the export line and you can get it from http://www.escentual.co.uk [smiley=thumbsup.gif])
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Never received her order? Ugh, I payed $250 for this one so I sure hope it will get here. And they have charged me. I will of course give it another week, but if nothing has happened after that I guess I will have to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    It seems that Luckyscent does not serve European customers very well, I've heard from a Danish BN pal that first she never received her order and when she made inquiries about it, they never replied to her e-mails (the only good thing is that they didn't charge her, either). *

Concord, I've never had problems with Salons Shiseido and I'm very sad to hear you did. *
    (btw, Chergui is now available in the export line and you can get it from http://www.escentual.co.uk *[smiley=thumbsup.gif])
    Yep, I know, but I want the bell bottle. Maybe I'm just overreacting. That Luckyscents company seems a lot worse.

Patience is a virtue... ;D I had to wait three months for fragrance in a 'recent' swap. The date stamped on the package was July 17, 2005....

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Never received her order? Ugh, I payed $250 for this one so I sure hope it will get here. And they have charged me. I will of course give it another week, but if nothing has happened after that I guess I will have to call them.
    Well if they've charged you they'd better deliver the goods, too! Hope you'll receive your order soon.

tigrushka: I'm not that worried really, more annoyed that it took so long to just process my order. I've never ever experienced that before and I do a LOT of shopping online.

You would think since you dropped $250 on them that they would do their best to send your order in a hurry...
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

would you please put this in the shopping guide as well, so we don't forget?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1098493234

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

knightowl: exactly.

but I must say to their defense, that I've used them earlier without any trouble, before they had international shipping. I gave them the adress of a friend in Brooklyn who then shipped the goods my way. No trouble at all, very swift and fast shipping. So I think this might only be because of them now shipping international and haven't really adjusted their service to meet up to the standards. Just my guess.

Inasmuch as I love their website and the wordings of the copies they got, I hate their service. They are bad.

I also had a problem with BigDiscount.com, 2 weeks after I orderd nothing came, so i mailed them and then they said sorry but they had forgoten to ship my item so they shipid it on the 4th November and I recieved it on the 7th November, in just 3 days it took by Global Priority Mail.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

This must be an international thing...
    I have recently place three LARGE orders from them...and a day later I get the "Items Shipped"
    email and I receive them in 1 week. Hmmmm. It is a little suspect that they treat the international community like this.
    I may have to have a talk with Fran$%.

I've never ordered from them personally, but many BN members swear by their service. Although they might take a while to ship, they take responsibility with their shipments. If it gets lost or damaged on its route, they'll replace it on their part. I hope you get your package soon Shifts. We all know how anticipation can be good and bad at the same time.

I just have to say that I've ordered from LuckyScent at LEAST 10 time and haven't had a single problem ( I'm in the U.S.)

Once, my samples order got lost in the mail. So I e-mailed them about it and they personally CALLED me on my cell phone to apologize and ... not only re-shipped it ... but with MANY more samples than I originally ordered.

They must be having problems with international shipping because the domestic service, to me, it fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I just have to say that I've ordered from LuckyScent at LEAST 10 time and haven't had a single problem ( I'm in the U.S.)

Once, my samples order got lost in the mail. So I e-mailed them about it and they personally CALLED me on my cell phone to apologize and ... not only re-shipped it ... but with MANY more samples than I originally ordered.

They must be having problems with international shipping because the domestic service, to me, it fantastic.

You lucky American bastards ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    This must be an international thing...
    I have recently place three LARGE orders from them...and a day later I get the "Items Shipped"
    email and I receive them in 1 week. *Hmmmm. *It is a little suspect that they treat the international community like this.
    I may have to have a talk with Fran$%.

hmmmm, I stand corrected....I searched my for my most recent order since it did not arrive today and it should have....I cannot find a "your items have shipped" email...So I've been trying to call for the past hour and the line is busy...I've sent an e-mail so .... we'll see.

I placed an order yesterday and today I got the "your order has shipped e-mail" ... along with a tracking # for Fed ex.

Things still look good to me from this company ...

I just got into contact with them...They said that the Calypso Vanille was not in stock and was supposed to come in a couple days after my order was placed...Someone "dropped the ball" and did not contact me. *They said that the Scent should be in on Monday or Tuesday of next week...they also Upgraded my shipping to 2 day instead of economy.

My view is that when it didn't come in....someone should have just told me so I wouldn't be sitting here wondering "What the FU#$"

Shifts, I think much of the problem with Lucky Scent might have to do with the US Postal System. *I have been waiting for a shipment from Lucky Scent since Oct 12th--still nothing, but this happens every time an order is shipped overseas through the US Postal System--last year I waited three months for a package. *If UPS or FedX or DHL is used, there is never a problem. *Only with the postal system. *

I have ordered from luckyscent.com many times and have nothing but good things to say about their service so far. I am sure that problems do arise from time to time with their service though. I work for a small company (it's just the owner and myself) that sells modern furniture over the web (I have to get a plug in, www.highbrowfurniture.com ) and we do everything in our power to make sure our customers are happy, but sometimes, very rarely, something slips, a shipping company problem, a supplier problem, heck, sometimes we even mess up. Most of the time our customers understand, but sometimes they get quite upset, generally the ones that get very upset seem to have the impression that we are a really large company with huge numbers of employees and can't seem to understand that we aren't on the same scale as amazon.com. So if you have a problem just remember that luckyscent.com might be just a few people working exceptionally hard to make sure you get your order quickly and that you are happy with it, sadly none of us are perfect, but give them credit if they try to make things right when there is a problem. Of course if they don't try to make things right, well, then screw em' *;D

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    They said that the Calypso Vanille was not in stock and was supposed to come in a couple days after my order was placed...
    I don't understand why perfume e-tailers can get away with holding shipments for 'out of stock' items.

Example: Lands' End shipped a partial order in the rare instance a sweater was not available. Promptly received jacket and shirts. Two weeks later I received sweater - the timeframe they had quoted me - no additional shipping charges.

Recently had to contact credit card company to get action from 1st Perfume - two weeks of trying to contact them without success. Everything I ordered was allegedly in stock. So much for their "99% of all orders shipped same day" claim.

Does Guerlain use shrink-wrap on their boxes? Vetiver arrived with familiar cellopany-plasticy sealed with neat hospital corners-type wrapping. Two other Guerlains had funky looking shrink-wrap with crooked seams on the sides. I'm almost thinking the two were testers or something that he repackaged. And since I ordered, prices on those particular items went up $10 each...

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    [quote author=rjrober22 link=1131700645/15#20 date=1131754761]So much for their "99% of all orders shipped same day" claim.
    I guess you were that unlucky 1%.

Like I posted before, I've used Luckyscents services before without any trouble, I hope everyone saw that post.

And no, I don't think it is the US Postal service actually since Perfume Bay always has prompt shipping.

And today still nothing. I know how hard just waiting can be, maybe I'm not used to it since I've almost always recieved my goods without having to wait more than maybe 1-2 weeks
    Since it didn't arrive today I'm almost certain the Swedish custom has my parcel :'(

Shifts, I know how you feel! I ordered Tam Dao and LV Musk from Luscious cargo 28th of October and nothing yet. And now I read it can take anything up to three months!! Day by day the fear that something has gone wrong and I never get these lovely scents gets bigger. So frustrating!

I actually think I know what went wrong now. I got a tracking number to use on the FedEz site, but I never got it to work. Tried again today and noticed that there was no specification on what country the package was to be delivered in. And the tracking number seemed only to work in the States. I check the order form, but there the country was clearly specified. I'm sure this is it.

Oh well, I guess there will be just a tad more wait. Stay tuned for your daily doze of Martin's perfume opera, right here on Basenotes

Sorry to hear you are having troubles receiving your shipment. I've bought quite a bit from Franco and never had a problem.

He is moving into a proper shop at the moment; not that this has anything to do with your delay, but who knows if it might have had some impact?

One thing to note is this: Oftentimes their shipments are held up in US customs (imports coming in). They will accept and process your order if ordered via the Net; meantime you are waiting for them to receive the item. I have also had this happen with Aedes.

This is why I always phone my order in (I'm in the US, though). That way, Franco can let you know if something isn't quite in stock yet, and will give you an estimated date of receipt. Recently I phoned in an order for something and then had to call back a week, and then two weeks, later. He didn't process my order until a couple of days before he received the items, but the point is that had I made the order via the Net I'd have been charged and the item wouldn't have been available.

Also, Aedes has frequently held my order so as not to have to pay shipping on the straggling item.

I'd give Franco a call and give him benefit of the doubt. Let him resolve this for you and good luck!

I just received an order of samples and they gave me a few extra ones that I didn't even order. I'm in Canada, so shipping up here doesn't seem to be a problem.

I just want everyone to know that I still believe the delay has got to do with them adjusting themselves to the new thing. This thread has got a bit overpowering I think. I can't highlight enough that I think they are trustworthy. It is so obvious that they are not a scamming type of ppl working there.

I think they must be the Devil, because this thread has been read 666 times. *gasp*

Hope you get your stuff soon.

just remember to modify your post in the shopping guide appropriately, when all this is resolved.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Hope you'll get your parcel soon!

I avoid ordering from the US as much as I can, but sometimes there's no choice. I have been very happy with Parfum1 (until their shipping prices went sky-high), Perfume Bay, Dawn Spencer Hurwitz, Aroma M, Long Lost Perfumes and Luscious Cargo.

Beautyhabit told me right away that they don't ship to Finland.

I got the parcel yesterday. Luckyscent was very easy to communicate with and wrote very open letters to keep me calm. It did take kind of long for them to process my order, but from there on no trouble at all. And a great package it was:

full bottles:
    CdG Tea
    CdG Shiso
    CdG Tar
    CdG Skai

samples:
    CdG - Harissa
    CdG - Wood Coffee
    CdG - Vetiveru
    L'Artisan - Navegar
    Miller et Bertaux - Spiritus/Land #2

Wowsa! Glad you finally got it. Enjoy! Tell us about the tar sometime.

Great news! Enjoy your new CdGs, great choices. (of those mentioned I have and love Tea, Tar, Skai, Harissa and Wood Coffee)

Glad to hear you got your stuff. Wow, what a parcel!!! Worth waiting for then I guess (I´ve only tried Harissa out of those, but I like that one).

I am such a coward when it comes to ordering from overseas because of the dreaded duty fines, so I´ve never tried to place an order that surpasses $30. Maybe there´s no need for that kind of precautions since it seems to work for many.

I got the parcel yesterday.
    full bottles:
    CdG Tea
    CdG Shiso
    CdG Tar
    CdG Skai

samples:
    CdG - Harissa
    CdG - Wood Coffee
    CdG - Vetiveru
    L'Artisan - Navegar
    Miller et Bertaux - Spiritus/Land #2
    What a package! Let us know what you think of these once you get a chance to work your way through them. I love CdG and look forward to hearing your thoughts. I'm also a big Navegar fan as well. Hope you enjoy it!

I have ordered many times from Lucky Scent and always got perfect service. Being in the states they ship me via fedex so there is no delay. Keep in mind that this is a brick and mortar shop and they must take pains to accomplish overseas service since the post office doesn't do pick ups.

My friend ordered almost Month ago . Didint recieved yet. And ordered same list a month later(yesterday) ones again.
    (<a side note: from Japan 'Japanese customer. poor English understanding , at the end ordered same list more than ones.)

Is there a way to cancel second order?, duo to same list as original order list items, it would be nonsense to recieve two same orders items.

Any suggestion ?

I try to help but I dont know how to contact via chat etc to luckyscent.
    (if they have live chat service etc).

My English is more poor ,that that I can do/help just sending e-mail to luckyscent site for my friend dissapointment period of shopping

Sorry Folks
    I dont know more or better suggestion in this issue.

Anyone any idea what to advice ?

She gues its late to cancel second and third order.?. Any suggestions please.

She seems sad and dissapoint about it.

I hope luckyscent can response mail about it .

@
    sory to bump to current very old thread.
    ''Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'' L. Da Vinci

cancell payments through your bank

My experience with this organization have been ok, except that I have had to pay customs charges on the two times that I've used them. I expect shipping costs to include these charges. I won't use them again.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

So, that mean, She can go and cancel from bank?

What if shipment already send from luckyscent?
    (,if they recieved $).

is it too late?

@

Thank You for the quick response .

I use Luckyscent on a regular basis and have found their service exemplary on every occasion. They always include samples I have either requested or are similar to my previous orders. All that said, I'm one of their USA customers. I'm sorry if your experience with them from overseas has been different. I know from ordering CDs via Amazon affiliates overseas that shipping restrictions can be a big cause for delays.

Maybe my friend is unlucky . Could maybe her order Lost before arrive .?.

or luckyscent sending takes long time (almost month or more,to east asia/japan). ?.

over all:

I gues its best for her to send mail to them.
    I dont know how easy to cancel'in bank payment before shipment arrive or send.

@
    Q : Do luckyscent have got live chat support?

Ones again, Thanks for the response's folks.

I doubt luckyscent has live chat service because it is a small shop. She needs to email them or you email them to find out what is going on. The store will be better able to help you than anyone here.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I would suggest that if you know of an American basenoter who has done business with you in the past (swaps, purchases, etc.), then perhaps that person can purchase the fragrance for you and then mail it to you. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I doubt luckyscent has live chat service because it is a small shop. She needs to email them or you email them to find out what is going on. The store will be better able to help you than anyone here.
    Heperd,

Thank You very much for the replay .

-I told Her to send mail too. She said she cant find mail adress of the luckyscent.
    --Therefor I enter the luckyscent site and than next step I did send a mail to luckyscent customer service-mail adress .
    I'm waithing response/replay from luckyscent officials.

--Maybe luckyscent wonder why she dont or cant send mail by herself. <I did wrote down why cant. <-> Her English is poor than mine , and by her cant finding mail contact of luckyscent at the site, its a bit problem by alone handleing this issue by herself.

I hope and wish luckyscent can quick_response to my mail, than I can asset the response to my friend. She pray to solve problem before they shipping. (theyr gonna send two same Order if its late,and in total thats a lot money for her).

@
    How to direct call from Japan to main office of luckyscent?
    (I saw the tel contact number at the site, but,dont know what number at begin call from japan direct) .

Thanks for read and replays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I would suggest that if you know of an American basenoter who has done business with you in the past (swaps, purchases, etc.), then perhaps that person can purchase the fragrance for you and then mail it to you. Just a thought.
    Thats a good suggestion it seems. But, She have to cancel her second order. In total:
    She ordered same shopping list in two differ time. First one was: one month ago. Second one was: July 31.
    If she cant cancel ,
    in the end She is gonna get same shopping list in double number.

Thats pitty for her.