Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed

Default Creed

I have to choose between Creed MILLESIME IMPERIAL or HIMALAYA by Creed to order today, what du you think is the best perfume who chicks like?? Green irish tweed is already on the way here.

A runner up perfume challenger is New haarlem by bond 9 is that perfume a challenger to the creed perfumes.
    :-?

Default Re: Creed

Both are good....if one has to make the cut...it would be HIMALAYA!
    Good Luck!

Himalaya all the way. MI=YUCK. It has a nasty,boring dry down. This is just my opinion though.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I prefer Himalaya, too. MI is a well-made scent which has many fans here, but IMO Himalaya is much more distinctive.

Himalaya! I love it!!
    David and Becca forever!!

Himalaya is my favorite of those two Creeds. It lasts longer. New Harlem is something completely different than these Creeds. I found it very potent and too sweet for my tastes. I would recommend a decant of it before making a full purchase.

okey. my mind is splitted now creed mi got better reviews if you count on that, but if i have GIT which should be more right to buy so they dont smell the same.. :-?

Why So Serious?

Then definitely Himalaya.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Himalaya!

I am a big MI fan, but it doesn't last very long or project well.

Out of those two, Himalaya by a long shot. But... if you haven't sampled either, that's quite an expensive risk you're taking.

Nismo;
    I think you really have to discover for yourself the potency, duration, & nature of the frag on your own body chemistry.

In the main I have been disappointed in the Creed line. I know this may get me pillaried here at B.N., but they all have a very similar charasteristic.
    I have sampled G.I.T. , Santal Imp., Himalaya, Tabarome new, and the only frag I really thought was exemplary was the Tabarome. The rest were very unordinary and to me overpowering. Himalaya especially disappointed me.

Of course this is only my opinion. I'm sure there are many who would disagree, hence my caveat regarding forming your own opinion.

Cheers;
    B.G.

okey wish me luck and hope the girls like this

Creed Green Irish 4.0 oz EDT Spray (M) $99.99 $99.99

Chrome 0.24 oz EDT Mini (M) $13.99 $13.99

Colors 0.13 oz EDT Mini (M) $12.99 $12.99

Creed Himalaya 4.0 oz EDT Spray (Unboxed) (M) $106.99 $106.99
    Sub Total $233.96
    Shipping $7.00
    Total $240.96

Quote Originally Posted by busterb
    Nismo;
    I think you really have to discover for yourself the potency, duration, & nature of the frag on your own body chemistry.

In the main I have been disappointed in the Creed line. I know this may get me pillaried here at B.N., but they all have a very similar charasteristic.
    I have sampled G.I.T. , Santal Imp., Himalaya, Tabarome new, and the only frag I really thought was exemplary was the Tabarome. The rest were very unordinary and to me overpowering. Himalaya especially disappointed me.

Of course this is only my opinion. I'm sure there are many who would disagree, hence my caveat regarding forming your own opinion.

Cheers;
    B.G.
    My feelings exactly regarding the Creed line...nothing really extraordianry...for the price at least. In regards to the men's line that is

Where did you order from?
    scentiments.com is much cheaper and reliable too or even seller creeddirect on ebay has green irish tweed and himalaya testers cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by nismo
    okey wish me luck and hope the girls like this

Creed Green Irish 4.0 oz EDT Spray (M) $99.99 $99.99

Chrome 0.24 oz EDT Mini (M) $13.99 $13.99

Colors 0.13 oz EDT Mini (M) $12.99 $12.99

Creed Himalaya 4.0 oz EDT Spray (Unboxed) (M) $106.99 $106.99
    *Sub Total $233.96
    Shipping $7.00
    Total $240.96
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

i havent clicked order yet in about 2 hours when the money arrives im gonna order..

i have looked and preorder on http://www.perfumeemporium.com/

is the sc?? online store better,cheper? is it orginal bottles from there`? :-?

then its the deal ,buy creed perfum online a little bit risky.,.,but i have no choice , does anyone have buyed creed bottles from any online retalier and was satisfied with it? from which store then?.

If you would allow me the honor, I will happily chime in with my opinions. First off, $106.99 is way too much to pay for Himalaya. Even $99.99 is too much to pay for GIT. Go to www.scentiments.com and buy your cologne much cheaper. Secondly, although I may get criticized for saying this, I find that XS by Paco Rabanne is quite similar to Himalaya and is better in the longevity department. I actually prefer XS between the two. Millesime Creeds have poor lasting power in general with the exception of a select few. They may have class, but whether they have quality is objectionable. I will not deny that I have received many compliments on GIT, but I find that while it produces nice sillage, it burns itself out rather quickly. The drydown is much more pleasant for the wearer than it is for people around.

With that being said, if I had to choose between MI and Himalaya, I would choose Himalaya. Not because it's a better scent, but because it lasts longer and has more sillage. It's the chicks you're after right? Well in that case MI will never draw attention unless you either bathe in it or a girl gives you a hug within the first hour of application. It's very fleeting, which is a shame because it smells divine.

BTW, I've ordered from scentiments many times and I was always satisfied.

Well, as I love Himalaya and SMW, and just got some decants of GIT and MI today(thank you Scentemental), I guess I'll throw my thoughts in as well. Between Himalaya, SMW, GIT, and MI, I'd have to say that SMW is still my favorite. There's just really something about it that "clicks" with me. And, it has definitely gotten me non-prompted comments from the ladies. In fact, this one girl in my circle of friends, will often refer back to that scent when I'm talking cologne...which, much to the dismay of my friends, I do quite a bit. Unfortunately, it's got terrible longevity. I'm always so torn when wearing it out...I love it...but in a couple of hours no one's gonna be able to smell it...especially in a smoke-filled club. Himalaya is also a great scent, and as opposed to SMW, has pretty damn good sillage. I wore it today, in fact. I sprayed myself around 8 am, and when I was washing it off to clean the pallate, so to speak, for my GIT and MI trial run, around 4:45pm or so, it was still going pretty strong...not sure how much sillage, but it was definitely apparent on me just from a wrist wave...and I didn't go heavy on it this morning.

So, onto the GIT and MI. Well, sadly, it seems as though, I too have fallen into the category of people who love MI, but for whom it does not last. Only a couple hours after 2 sprays on the front and back of a wrist, and I can barely detect it. Which is really p*ssing me off, because when it's going strong, wow! GIT, on the other hand, is still going pretty strong on the other wrist....and that's the scent I've been picking up the most as I've been wearing the two. But even it doesn't seem to have quite the umph, so to speak, as Himalaya...after an equal period of time. I can't speak as to a ladies reaction to these scents...well...ok...I had my mom give them a wiff...she preferred the MI. Yes, I still live with my mom...make fun of me and die!!! ;D

And btw, though I've never tried Cool Water, I do find that GIT smells a respectable amount similar to Freshman by Truefitt & Hill. Not identical, mind you, but I definitely detect a similarity.

All I have to say is, try to get sample first and test them out.

Personally myself I find Himalaya boring and it lacks longevity on my skin. It's just a mix of bunch of wood notes with citrus.

GIT, I still don't get. It's fresh with a green undertone. I've worn my sample 5 to 6 times and I still don't get it.

I'm also in love with SMW. It's so heavenly and just has pure awesomeness. It was crafted by Zeus and sent down here by accident when he dropped it in between two clouds (darn, I hate it when that happens!) ;D

In all seriousness, it's possibly the most finest fragrance I have ever smelled. The only problem is it's longevity, so I happen to keep a small bottle in my pocket so I can dab it when needed. M.I. also has an awesome smell, it's quite similar to SMW though. Don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this...

And Himalaya is alright, but it didn't wow me. I'll see about it later...

GIT is actually growing on me. I wasn't too thrilled about the similarity with Coolwater, but it settles down really nicely, and it lasts, something that can't be said about the Millesime's.

is www.scentiments.com down, havent reach it for 1.5 day know

MI Is too inconsistent, Ive tried it 4 or so times and each time it's been a completely different beast. Some truly fabulous, others a cloying mess.

I would never wear Himalaya because it's too pungent and mature. But that's just me.

Honestly, I'd go with the New Haarlem!!

update; got my packet for 3 days ago,
    removed himalya for Roma
    by Laura Biagiotti `-this shit is good how could i have missed this one for all the years???, caught a chick directly on the first night i had it =)

Azzoro chrome: this is also a chick mother f***** perfume. got lots of compliments on it.

then i got ISSEY miyake havent tried it on clubbing yet, but smells sexy.

Green irish tweed was out of stock so i have decided to order it from a another store, together with new haarlem by bond no 9. I think GIT is better then himalya if it stands between them or what do you think??

;D

Quote Originally Posted by nismo
    I think GIT is better then himalya if it stands between them or what do you think??

;D
    Personally, I think Himalaya is a better made scent out of the two. But for some reason, girls love GIT with a passion. They like it way more than Himalaya. I don't get it. :-?

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    [quote author=nismo link=1130160852/15#23 date=1132269701]I think GIT is better then himalya if it stands between them or what do you think??

;D
    Personally, I think Himalaya is a better made scent out of the two. But for some reason, girls love GIT with a passion. They like it way more than Himalaya. I don't get it. *:-?
    [/quote]

Women's sense of smell is 40 times more sensitvie than men's! They're obviously picking up something they like better in GIT than in Himalaya, even though you (or other men aren't).

Women can pick out a shirt worn by their child more than 10 times more often than the father can. She can always pick out a shirt worn by her husband. Women also tend to be attracted to men with a pheromone signature different than that of her father's. The theory is that this is an indicator of a different imune system than she inherited and therfore her offspring will less suceptable to the same illness's she was.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    [quote author=teflondog link=1130160852/15#24 date=1132274094][quote author=nismo link=1130160852/15#23 date=1132269701]I think GIT is better then himalya if it stands between them or what do you think??

;D
    Personally, I think Himalaya is a better made scent out of the two. But for some reason, girls love GIT with a passion. They like it way more than Himalaya. I don't get it. *:-?
    [/quote]

Women's sense of smell is 40 times more sensitvie than men's! They're obviously picking up something they like better in GIT than in Himalaya, even though you (or other men aren't).

Women can pick out a shirt worn by their child more than 10 times more often than the father can. She can always pick out a shirt worn by her husband. Women also tend to be attracted to men with a pheromone signature different than that of her father's. The theory is that this is an indicator of a different imune system that she inherited and therfore her offspring will less suceptable to the same illness's she was.[/quote]

Wow, you took it to a scientific level. And all this time I thought girls like GIT more because of its similarities to Cool Water. :P

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    [quote author=phersurf link=1130160852/15#25 date=1132274713][quote author=teflondog link=1130160852/15#24 date=1132274094][quote author=nismo link=1130160852/15#23 date=1132269701]I think GIT is better then himalya if it stands between them or what do you think??

;D
    [/quote]

Women can pick out a shirt worn by their child more than 10 times more often than the father can. She can always pick out a shirt worn by her husband. Women also tend to be attracted to men with a pheromone signature different than that of her father's. The theory is that this is an indicator of a different imune system that she inherited and therfore her offspring will less suceptable to the same illness's she was.[/quote]

Wow, you took it to a scientific level. And all this time I thought girls like GIT more because of its similarities to Cool Water. *:P
    [/quote]

Yeah, leave it to me to complicate the simplist things

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    Himalaya all the way. MI=YUCK. It has a nasty,boring dry down. This is just my opinion though.

Jeff
    I used to think the same thing about MI until I recently sampled at a retail boutique....now....it is DEFINITELY on my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by busterb
    ...In the main I have been disappointed in the Creed line. I know this may get me pillaried here at B.N., but they all have a very similar charasteristic....
    I could not agree more! I do consider one Creed Cologne a must have, but from the second onwards my additional joy is diminishing quickly.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.