Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1

    Default Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    So I used to have a bigtime Creed problem...I owned 25 scents....basically bought all of 'em blind...
    However, I soon realized that only a select few were really for me:
    Himalaya, GIT, OV, OS....Now here's where it gets interesting...After selling or swapping all the rest...with only minimal loss...
    I was enjoying my Creeds and not harping on the "Greats" that everyone was talking about...like New Tabarome, SMW, MI....
    So I'm at the mall today and there is a small boutique called "Joive de Vivre" here in Maryand...I already know that they sell Creed,
    L'Artisan and Serge Lutens....So I'm looking around and the SA & I start talking...I ask to try BdP she sprays it on my hand and I say "I'll let it settle for a few minutes"
    no problem right? So I start looking around and we start talking about Creed. So yada yada yada and I say I own such and such....She says, "oh, where did you get them?"
    I say EBAY...she says ooooh, i think those are fake...I politely say no, they just the overstocked from the middle-east (for the most part) She just smiles and says...Really?
    Then she asks me to sample the ones I used to own and some I still have, like:

    MI, GIT, Himalaya, New Tabarome and BdP.....So I say, "what the hell...why not...I'll prove to this lady that I have the same shit...

    First I try Himalaya...I INSTANTLY realize that I have an "older" bottle...I thought mine smelled great...this smelled so much more "fresh" I was like HOLY SHIT!
    then I say...I can't understand why these B'notes folks like the New Tabarome and MI...the ones I had sucked....so I try these as well....needless to say...BOTH of these scents are Really, Really good...MUCH better than I remember....then I'm like...well my GIT is awesome...so it can't be bad....Well...WRONG! The one I sampled was just so much more fresh and bright than mine was.

    I really enjoy My Himalaya and GIT....But now I feel like I'm missing out...I wish I had never walked in to that little shop....but now I see TRUTH. Unless the freshness can be guaranteed some way....I'm only going to get my Creeds from this shop. I realize the $$$ will be great....but you get what you pay for...(so I've found out)


  2. #2

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Yeah you have to be careful with some of those ebay people. Unless you get it from ebayers that are also basenoters I would be very hesitant. That does suck because now you have to go through all of Creed line again to get the "truth"
    At least they are easy to come by ;D

  3. #3

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I will admit I've never tried a Creed yet...

    Hmm, maybe I should make that my goal during lunch; stop over at Neiman Marcus and give one a try.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Yeah, you should give them a try.
    I would have to say...My faves (in order) are:

    1. Himalaya (no doubt)
    2. GIT
    3. MI
    4. NT
    5. OV
    6. OS

  5. #5

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    My experience with Creed is that they tend to turn faster than some other lines. This is not a criticism, as I think it may very well indicate that they use more natural oils as opposed to synthetic...which I dig in concept if nothing else. I have had samples/decants/bottles of the same frag that came from reputable sources but did not smell the same. Very important to get your Creed fresh and of course it's hard to know if it is. So buy from a seller that will take it back no questions asked if you say it's not good.

    The most extreme example, which probably won't matter much to the fellas, was Tubereuse Indiana. Fresh, it's gorgeous. Less than fresh and it's VERY plasticky and gross.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    i wonder, has anyone had this issue with purchases from online stores?
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

  7. #7

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Nothing turns faster than Creed. Nothing. I have bought new bottles that I know are new and the stuff smelled great at first. Three months later (in a dark and cool closet), the juice is very obviously on its way out. New Tabarome seems to be the worst, albeit not the only, offender in the line.

    As you know, I buy a lot on eBay but I tend to steer clear of Creeds unless I can sample them. Even the best sellers can have a less-than-fresh bottle and not know it.

    Griff
    Griff
    _____________________
    Follow me on FaceBook and Twitter
    And of course, eBay Radio

  8. #8

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    It's funny because whenever I go to a different Neiman Marcus, the Creed testers always smell different each time. I went to one NM and I swear every single tester went stale. They were almost empty so I assume they've been sitting under those hot lights for a good while. On the other hand, I went to another NM the other day and all the testers were full so they must have been brought out recently. They smelled exactly the way they were supposed to.

    I bought a GIT tester from sentiments and I can tell that it isn't fresh...but I'm actually happy about that; it doesn't have the topnotes and it immediately smells like the drydown from first spray. Now I don't have to wait 3-4 hours for the ambergris to fully develop. ;D

  9. #9

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    It's funny because whenever I go to a different Neiman Marcus, the Creed testers always smell different each time. I went to one NM and I swear every single tester went stale. They were almost empty so I assume they've been sitting under those hot lights for a good while. On the other hand, I went to another NM the other day and all the testers were full so they must have been brought out recently. They smelled exactly the way they were supposed to.

    I bought a GIT tester from sentiments and I can tell that it isn't fresh...but I'm actually happy about that; it doesn't have the topnotes and it immediately smells like the drydown from first spray. Now I don't have to wait 3-4 hours for the ambergris to fully develop. *;D
    I just sprayed on the Himalaya that I own and the same thing...its almost that the complete drydown is there after 10-15 minutes...Hmmm, very interesting.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    [quote author=teflondog link=1131646796/0#7 date=1131656713]It's funny because whenever I go to a different Neiman Marcus, the Creed testers always smell different each time. I went to one NM and I swear every single tester went stale. They were almost empty so I assume they've been sitting under those hot lights for a good while. On the other hand, I went to another NM the other day and all the testers were full so they must have been brought out recently. They smelled exactly the way they were supposed to.

    I bought a GIT tester from sentiments and I can tell that it isn't fresh...but I'm actually happy about that; it doesn't have the topnotes and it immediately smells like the drydown from first spray. Now I don't have to wait 3-4 hours for the ambergris to fully develop. *;D
    I just sprayed on the Himalaya that I own and the same thing...its almost that the complete drydown is there after 10-15 minutes...Hmmm, very interesting.
    [/quote]

    That can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. For me personally, I much prefer the fresh topnotes of Himalaya. With Creed, I'm beginning to believe that the topnotes are the most susceptible to breaking down.

    The topnotes of my SMW smell like pure rubbing alcohol, but 5 minutes later I smell the drydown. I guess the basenotes are the most stable.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    The only Creed I have is GIT and I bought it from the Bond no 9 store in NY. They also sell on ebay as creeddirect. I'm very sad to say that, while the juice certainly hasn't turned, it is lacking that "bright" opening that I remember from a sample. I initially chaulked it up to Creed's reputation for variability between batches, but now I think the bottle might just have been on the shlft a little too long. Putting the bottle in the fridge and applying the juice cold does give the topnotes a bit of a boost though, so I'm not too worried. I do plan on trying to use this bottle relatively quickly though, because if it gets any worse, I will be be very sad.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    This issue is of some concern to me because I have become quite fond of Creed...I've purchased several decants and have tried several other samples. I plan on putting SMW and GIT on my Christmas list... ;D But, of course, I don't want those kind enough to provide me with such presents to have to pay full retail. Scentiments seems to be completely out of GIT, and they only have testers left of SMW, currently.

    Has anyone bought from imaginationperfumery.com? Their prices aren't quite as cheap as Scentiments, but they are still well below retail. Are there any other reputable online sellers who sell for substantially below retail price?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I have 8 Creeds that I rotate thru and they are smelling just fine to me. It is well over 2 years since I bought some of them.
    I'll be on the lookout for "the turn" * I guess.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

  14. #14

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I agree about Creeds not being very consistent. I think it does have to do with both shelf life (high oil %age as well as the fact that they're Millesimes, which change from harvest to harvest of the raw materials.

    A case in point is my SOTE: Himalaya. Prior to acquiring my 4oz. bottle, I had three samples from different sources. One smelled fresh, and the other two didn't have the crisp topnotes that I love. So when I decided to purchase a bottle, I ended up going to NM and asked the SA to let me pull the bottle out of the box and try it before I purchased it. Lo and behold it was a good one, so I bought it.

    With Creeds, inconsistency is something you just have to deal with. Therefore, it's a must that you either try the exact bottle before buying it, or going through a merchant with a good return policy. IMHO, of course.

    #

  15. #15

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    *Unless the freshness can be guaranteed some way....I'm only going to get my Creeds from this shop. *I realize the $$$ will be great....but you get what you pay for...(so I've found out)
    rj ... did you notice if the Creed's at that shop had dates on the back of the box?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    [quote author=rjrober22 link=1131646796/0#0 date=1131646793] *Unless the freshness can be guaranteed some way....I'm only going to get my Creeds from this shop. *I realize the $$$ will be great....but you get what you pay for...(so I've found out)
    rj ... did you notice if the Creed's at that shop had dates on the back of the box?
    [/quote]

    I can't remember...all I know is that there were no arabic writings...I'll check tomorrow.
    The SA told me to come back at lunch with my Himalaya and GIT in hand so we could compare.


  17. #17

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Man this sucks, just when I was thinking of buying from eBay.

    *sigh*

    Does anybody know where I can find decent Creeds without paying full retail price?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    Man this sucks, just when I was thinking of buying from eBay.

    *sigh*

    Does anybody know where I can find decent Creeds without paying full retail price?
    Aside from ebay, www.sentiments.com has the cheapest prices I've come across. The only downside is that they don't carry the full line and they run out of stock rather quickly.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    What is this Arabic thing about? One of my bottles has it.

    [edit] Did a search with the terms arabic and creed, and I understand it now. It's interesting.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    [quote author=rjrober22 link=1131646796/0#0 date=1131646793] *Unless the freshness can be guaranteed some way....I'm only going to get my Creeds from this shop. *I realize the $$$ will be great....but you get what you pay for...(so I've found out)
    rj ... did you notice if the Creed's at that shop had dates on the back of the box?
    [/quote]
    About the dates on the box, there's something that puzzles me. I recently bought two Creeds retail, in a shop, and I noticed that they didn't print dates on the box anymore. And no, they were not cut out, the boxes looked brand new,and original Vetiver is one of Creeds newest (2004), so there would be no reason for it. No, they just didn't print the date on it. And .no , no Arabic writing also.Did Creed stop printing the dates on it,maybe because there was so much discussion about it by the customers? *and is there someone who recently bought a new stock Creed, for example Original Santal, and is there a date on the box? *I'm Curious. The Creeds I bough were Acier Aluminium and Original Vetiver.

    Cheers, eric

  21. #21

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    [quote author=ziffy321 link=1131646796/0#14 date=1131665310][quote author=rjrober22 link=1131646796/0#0 date=1131646793] *Unless the freshness can be guaranteed some way....I'm only going to get my Creeds from this shop. *I realize the $$$ will be great....but you get what you pay for...(so I've found out)
    rj ... did you notice if the Creed's at that shop had dates on the back of the box?
    [/quote]
    About the dates on the box, there's something that puzzles me. I recently bought two Creeds retail, in a shop, and I noticed that they didn't print dates on the box anymore. And no, they were not cut out, the boxes looked brand new,and original Vetiver is one of Creeds newest (2004), so there would be no reason for it. No, they just didn't print the date on it. And .no , no Arabic writing also.Did Creed stop printing the dates on it,maybe because there was so much discussion about it by the customers? *and is there someone who recently bought a new stock Creed, for example Original Santal, and is there a date on the box? *I'm Curious. The Creeds I bough were Acier Aluminium and Original Vetiver.

    Cheers, eric[/quote]


    My Original Santal reads "2004"
    it does have the small arabic script at the bottem as well.
    I'm going back to that shop today and I'll look over all the small details of the juice and box.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    [quote author=eric link=1131646796/15#19 date=1131707965][quote author=ziffy321 link=1131646796/0#14 date=1131665310][quote author=rjrober22 link=1131646796/0#0 date=1131646793] *Unless the freshness can be guaranteed some way....I'm only going to get my Creeds from this shop. *I realize the $$$ will be great....but you get what you pay for...(so I've found out)
    rj ... did you notice if the Creed's at that shop had dates on the back of the box?
    [/quote]
    About the dates on the box, there's something that puzzles me. I recently bought two Creeds retail, in a shop, and I noticed that they didn't print dates on the box anymore. And no, they were not cut out, the boxes looked brand new,and original Vetiver is one of Creeds newest (2004), so there would be no reason for it. No, they just didn't print the date on it. And .no , no Arabic writing also.Did Creed stop printing the dates on it,maybe because there was so much discussion about it by the customers? *and is there someone who recently bought a new stock Creed, for example Original Santal, and is there a date on the box? *I'm Curious. The Creeds I bough were Acier Aluminium and Original Vetiver.

    Cheers, eric[/quote]


    My Original Santal reads "2004"
    it does have the small arabic script at the bottem as well.
    I'm going back to that shop today and I'll look over all the small details of the juice and box.
    [/quote]

    Oh, the mystery! Thanks for lookin into it though. By the way, I thought Original Santal was released this year, 2005,
    :-/, ooooh..., I will stop now.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    YOU ARE FU$#ING RIGHT....HOLY SH$%

    I promise...it did say 2004...SON OF A BIT$#
    hmmmm.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I check my creed box, purchased from the Bond store, and it has no date, no holes cut, but does have a tiny bit of arabic on the back near the bottom. Since the Bond store used to be the official importer for the US, I would imagine all of her stock would be bottle intended for sale in the US. Perhaps there are different boxes based on where in the world the item is going? And the american boxes don't have dates? That doesn't explain why they would keep the arabic writing on the american boxes. Maybe there is some requirement in some countries to have a date on perishable goods, so they only stamp the boxes that ship to those countries? And a large number of those end up on the grey market? Eh...

  25. #25

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    The dates on the box are weird. I bought a bottle of Original Vetiver when it came out in 2004 from perfumebay or fragrancenet I forget which one but the date on the box was 2002. It wasn't even released then so I don't know if it was fake or not, it smelled great though.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

  26. #26

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    As a student of economics and a retailer myself for several 'exclusive' products I would never buy a Creed for 1/2 price. * *If you get one for half price, there is a reason. *Simple as that. *If you don't believe that, I would like to give you a great deal on *Rolex.

    P.S. I should also add that even at NM, because of the quality issue, when I buy a Creed I take it out of the box before I even leave the store and take a wiff.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trasker
    As a student of economics and a retailer myself for several 'exclusive' products I would never buy a Creed for 1/2 price. * *If you get one for half price, there is a reason. *Simple as that. *If you don't believe that, I would like to give you a great deal on *Rolex.

    P.S. I should also add that even at NM, because of the quality issue, when I buy a Creed I take it out of the box before I even leave the store and take a wiff.

    Interesting, I see your point but I'm curious if this rationale extends to all products? For instance, a bottle of Gucci Envy that would retail for 60 dollars being sold on perfumebay for 30, would you think it was a bad idea to buy it?

  28. #28

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    [quote author=ziffy321 link=1131646796/0#14 date=1131665310][quote author=rjrober22 link=1131646796/0#0 date=1131646793] *Unless the freshness can be guaranteed some way....I'm only going to get my Creeds from this shop. *I realize the $$$ will be great....but you get what you pay for...(so I've found out)
    rj ... did you notice if the Creed's at that shop had dates on the back of the box?
    [/quote]

    I can't remember...all I know is that there were no arabic writings...I'll check tomorrow.
    The SA told me to come back at lunch with my Himalaya and GIT in hand so we could compare.

    [/quote]


    Well...I'm back baby!
    and there is a DEFINITE difference between the ones at the boutique and mine....its as if there are no top/middle notes in mine....the almost completely skip the first 2 phases.
    Which they still smell very good to my nose...but when tested side by side....there is no comparison...the fresh pop and brightness of the scent is just not there....oh well.
    Also, the scents at the shop DO have a small script of arabic on them...dates too. (I stand corrected)
    The SA and I went over both sets paying attention to every detail....I do have authentic bottles (it seems anyway with the naked eye)
    However, I feel they lack the "freshness", Who knows.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I think what you and we all have is authentic but if they come from the middle east they've probably been sitting in the heat somewhere. When scents go bad its usually the top notes that go first.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

  30. #30

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Well, this is all positively craptastic! Only one bottle of Creed may be in my future after all... :'( Even then, I won't likely be able to try the bottle out before I buy...as Dillards here doesn't carry any Creed on their shelves(I've asked...not sure if they do in their catalogue), and Von Maur does't carry it on the shelf, but they can order it from their catalogue(according to a sa), but, none on the shelves. I think that's about as good as it gets for purchasing high end fragrance in Wichita, Kansas.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    [quote author=Trasker link=1131646796/15#25 date=1131729187]As a student of economics and a retailer myself for several 'exclusive' products I would never buy a Creed for 1/2 price. * *If you get one for half price, there is a reason. *Simple as that. *If you don't believe that, I would like to give you a great deal on *Rolex.

    P.S. I should also add that even at NM, because of the quality issue, when I buy a Creed I take it out of the box before I even leave the store and take a wiff.

    Interesting, I see your point but I'm curious if this rationale extends to all products? For instance, a bottle of Gucci Envy that would retail for 60 dollars being sold on perfumebay for 30, would you think it was a bad idea to buy it?[/quote]

    I don't really know how Gucci's fragrance partners handle their business or distribution but I think it would be certain that the bottle you get at perfumebay has been diverted from other sources and at the best, has been sitting around somewhere for awhile. Think about it...if you are asking retailers like Neimen's to sell a bottle of fragrance at $180 a bottle to establish a brand and make a profit, etc.... how can you support the selling of the same bottle through other retailers for half that price? Why on earth would Neiman's go for this? Discounting is a major scourge of retailing and if you are a buyer...you don't buy from companies that allow discounting of the same product. Ergo...this stuff isn't 'the same'...exactly.

    How its different is open to interpretation I s'pose. I was once told by a Creed flunky that the ebay and discount stuff is old or smuggled...but probably not counterfeit. Lots of it was sitting around in the US distribution warehouse from back in the days when Bond was the distributor. They had a falling out and Creed is distributed elsewhere... instead of destroying the product or sending it back...it has been making its way in the grey markets ever since. Its pretty largely accepted that Creed uses high quality, non-synthetic, and therefore more fragile ingredients. If you want to take your chances on a bottle that has been taking an extra long journey through Moraccan customs on its way to being smuggled into the USA on a ship's container ... go ahead. You may get a decent bottle... but when I have trouble getting a perfect bottle when I go through optimal distribution channels...I wont' risk it.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I'm not too sure about this whole thing. I have 2 bottles of Creed from a reputable eBay seller: Millesime Imperial and Himalaya.

    In my experience, both bottles are as they should be or better. I received a sample of MI from Aedes in the past and it was exceedingly disappointing. It lasted about 10 minutes and had no depth. I have not owned or tried a retail bottle of Creed, only samples from these bottles.

    Naturally, experts will endorse buying Creed from authorized sources. However, I think it is possible to get a good bottle from overstock or "grey-market" sources. I feel I got two good bottles from eBay, but perhaps it was luck.

    As far as the scent turning, I think it makes sense that natural ingredients will be more volatile. I think much of this has to do with expectations and perceptions. I like to think that fragrances age like fine wines: changing, yet developing a unique character.

    I wonder what Creed has to say about this whole deal. Perhaps Grant will have an interview soon!

  33. #33

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    just one more aspect: How sure are we, that the numbers on the back of the box really are DATES??!! I mean, of course, it seems to be like that, because itīs 2002, 2003, 2004, but once a SA at a small and reputable shop told me these numbers were just some batch identification numbers (or something like that).
    So, my Q: There must be some Basenoters among us who have had Creeds for more than the last two or three years. Chance is, that they have seen boxes with "1999, 1998, etc." on it. I have never seen a post with lower dates than 2002... So, please raise your hands if you have ever seen such a date....

    just a thought,

    m

  34. #34

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I have abput 25 Creed scents - I should still have at least 20 boxes - afew from ebay, afew from an online retailer (discounted), afew from someone who got it from India and the majority from 2 different legit retailers.

    I look at the boxes tomorrow morining and even try to post pics if I find something interesting.



  35. #35

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?



    Post is now invalid and has been editted
    Last edited by Johnny_V; 2nd January 2007 at 09:44 PM.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I have bottles of MI and Himalaya obtained from a reputable eBay seller. Both boxes have 2004 in the date box. Both have Arabic writing near the bottom of the back of the box.

  37. #37

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    [quote author=rjrober22 link=1131646796/15#15 date=1131666446]Well...I'm back baby!
    and there is a DEFINITE difference between the ones at the boutique and mine....its as if there are no top/middle notes in mine....the almost completely skip the first 2 phases.
    Which they still smell very good to my nose...but when tested side by side....there is no comparison...the fresh pop and brightness of the scent is just not there....oh well.
    Also, the scents at the shop DO have a small script of arabic on them...dates too. (I stand corrected)
    The SA and I went over both sets paying attention to every detail....I do have authentic bottles (it seems anyway with the naked eye)
    However, I feel they lack the "freshness", *Who knows.
    I had to check this out for myself, pitting a bottle of SMW purchased from Neiman's versus one purchased from Creedirect / Bond. Your assessment matches mine exactly, with your description of "it's as if there's no top/middle notes" describing the situation perfectly. The SMW from Neiman's opens up very sharply, with a strong character of lemon / citrus. The bottle from Creedirect seems to go straight to the basenotes. After 30 minutes or so, they both smell more or less the same, though the Neiman's bottle seems to retain a bit more strength.

    I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read your post, and compared the two side-by-side. Disappointing indeed, in that the Creedirect bottle is one of those 8 oz monsters!

    Cheers,
    Jim

  38. #38

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    I wonder how much stock of Creed products actually remains at Creeddirect/Bond#9.
    When I was in their Bond Street store in September there didn't seem to be very much
    Creed stuff there, at least on display. I did manage to pick up a large (250ml) bottle of
    Vintage Tabarome, and there were around 6 or 8 of those there. There were no bottles of
    Bois du Portugal. All the creed products I saw would fit in a medium-sized kithen pantry.
    Maybe they have a back room or a storage location at one of their other Manhattan stores,
    but I didn't see much left.

    The juice smells fantastic, but I haven't sniffed at Neiman Marcus recently to compare top
    notes. Honestly, even if the top notes differed from a fresher bottle, this bottle at 50% off
    is a great deal, and I know I am much less likely to buy a 250ml bottle at full price.

  39. #39

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    i got a decant from my wife of a creed and here is my take. the seller got it from creeddirect. i had gotten a bottle of MI from creeddirect when they first announced their sale, one of MI for me and spring flowers for my wife. had a 2003 date on it. i am using the MI now. as is typical with MI, it smells a bit alcoholly in the bottle at the nozzle. but it wears well. if she went down on the price of the tester, considering the age, id get a bottle of that and GIT

    now my wife's decant of her scent is different than the creeddirect bottle. am i worried, not really as the seller has a great reputation. now the creeddirect bottle smells great, the decant smells a little bit alcoholly. however, it dries down real quick, maybe a couple of minutes to the exact same scent and it is not as potent. dont know what this means, but i am not worried. however, i think my wife was and she told me no more decants for her. it was a great price, but she said no thank you. good thing she only likes two perfumes, and one is not sold much on ebay or at a discount (coco mademoiselle eau de parfum - you can get the edt but be careful)

    sam

  40. #40

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    Just wanted to add a bit more data. I have two Creed boxes (both legit, purchased at NM).

    ~ MI: "date box" is blank
    ~ Himalaya: "date box" - 2002

    Neither box has any stamps on the bottom flap. On the back panel, both read at the bottom: EMB 77477A. Neither bottle has the "Arabic Writing" that has been reported here.

    #

  41. #41

    Default Re: Creed revisited....WHAT ?

    My Original Santal box has 2005 on it. Out of the 12 Creeds I have, I purchased Green Valley, Himalaya, and Nerolia Sauvage from Neiman Marcus. The rest smell fine to me, but I did have a bottle of Erolfa a couple of years ago that I traded away that I'm now convinced was either a fake, or gone really bad. It was darker in color, and I was really surprised when I received a sample from Aedes that smelled so fresh. When I went to NM, that's when I noticed the huge disparity in the color of the juice, and asked them to spray some for me. It wasn't completely different, but certainly quite a bit more zesty and bright. Next time I'm there, I'll have to try New Tabarome. I've had my bottle for a couple of years, and it just doesn't do anything for me and now I wonder if perhaps it too is bad.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Similar Threads

  1. Creed Vetiver (1948) VS Creed Original vetiver
    By Dry_Martini in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 15th April 2012, 01:21 AM
  2. For my 1,000th post - a little perspective on Creed
    By TwoRoads in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 19th March 2008, 07:43 PM
  3. General CREED perfumes impression
    By DreamerII in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2nd March 2008, 06:04 AM
  4. The Great Layering Challenge (Outline)
    By moondeva in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 20th March 2007, 10:00 PM
  5. Old and new news from Creed.
    By cedriceccentric in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31st January 2006, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •