Code of Conduct

Default Boucheron or Jaipur?

I was just wondering: between Boucheron and Jaipur, which do most BNers prefer? At first, I thought I preferred Jaipur, but changed my mind when I realized it dries down to solid vanilla! Also: what's the difference between Boucheron PH (1991) and "Boucheron pour Homme Eau de Cologne" (2004)? There were no reviews for the 2004 version.
    Updated Favorites:

Spicebomb * Viktor & Rolf

CK One Shock * Calvin Klein

Fields Of Rubus * Kerosene

Midnight Pomegranate * Bath & Body Works

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Boucheron or Jaipur?

The only thing that I find similar between them is the fragrance house. Other than that, they're completely different. Boucheron is a rich citrus while Jaipur is a refined Oriental. I have them both. I like them both. You can't really ask "which one should I get between these two?" because it depends on what you're looking for.

Cheers *

Jaipur is such a wonderful scent and I knew I would love it forever as soon as I smelled it for the first time. It literally blem me away. Then I wore it, great sillage, great longevity and great smelling. Not too good for business meetings mind you, a littler too exotic really, but I still do, hell with it, it smells great.
    Tried Boucheron awhile ago and can't remember it, enough said.

I find Boucheron great for business and formal affairs while I find Jaipur great socially.

I never tried the Boucheron Cologne version but I think it came out to be a summer scent.

Toss up for me.

I own the Boucheron EDP and the Jaipur EDT, and I think I lean towards Jaipur as Boucheron can be almost too strong and heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both and I would be much more willing to part with the Boucheron than the Jaipur. In fact, if I had tested Jaipur first, I probably wouldn't have purchased Boucheron.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a girl's opinion:

JAIPUR!!!!!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Boucheron is nice but Jaipur is outstanding.

I prefer Jaipur EdP...The better of the 2 IMO. I get board with Boucheron Pour Homme...yes it is a good fragrance...one that I get tired of quickly.
    Gary

I personally prefer Boucheron EDT by far, it's much more versatile than Jaipur, which to me is too sweet, too cloying and too heavy, even if applied very prudently. I do like the other 2004 edition - Spicy Fresh EDT.

I have the Boucheron EDC 2004 and I initially quite liked it. It is what you would expect from a cologne - lighter, crisiper, not as long lasting or projecting as EDT, but still more strong than a lot of EDT's on the market currently. It is dominated by citrusy topnotes and is sharper and greener as the EDT. It's decent as an everyday casual scent for summer, but not as interesting or impressive as the EDT. I would only recommend it if you find the regular version too strong.

Heres what OsMoz says:

http://www.osmoz.com/mag/news_parfum...&LANGUE=en

There's also a "summer" version of Jaipur too called Fraicheur Epicee which smells ironically like Boucheron PH...longevity is not as notable as the classic versions.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to agree with the consensus, JAIPUR!

I always feel great when I wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    The only thing that I find similar between them is the fragrance house. Other than that, they're completely different. Boucheron is a rich citrus while Jaipur is a refined Oriental. I have them both. I like them both. You can't really ask "which one should I get between these two?" because it depends on what you're looking for.

Cheers

teflondog,

You have to be one of the most astute and sensible posters on the board. I couldn't agree more with your comments.

Here's a description of the two scents that might help some decide which they might prefer to try:

IMO, *Boucheron Pour Homme* is one of the finest and most elegant of formal colognes on the market. Itís really a suit fragrance. It's, beautifully constructed and blended, with citrus on top (with a beautiful verbena note), and exclusively, and boldly I might add, florals in the middle (Carnation Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Lily of the Valley,) and a classic, solid combination of Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli, and Oakmoss in the basenote, which give it depth and duration. The florals in the heartnotes give it a real presence and complexity along with refinement. If you have any reservation about these florals, donít; itís a resolutely refined masculine fragrance. To my mind itís a benchmark scent and one of the most impressive examples of the perfumerís art in terms of construction and blending, where one element doesnít predominate the other. The trick with this one is not to over spray. If you do, you overload with the patchouli and oakmoss, which tend to drown out the top and heart notes and make the whole experience of wearing the fragrance insufferable. Another word of caution, and this pretty much applies for most fragrances that contain patchouli or oakmoss. Such fragrances never take kindly to wearing on anything else except clean skin. Spray *Boucheron EDP* on yourself even half a day after a shower, and youíll get and entirely different and quite ugly fragrance. Patchouli and Oakmoss are the bad boys of fragrance ingredients. They always misbehave and are always better when you practice strict discipline. To conclude, with *Boucheron Pour Homme*, less is always best; with the EDP version, even less it better.

*Jaipur Homme* is an excellent oriental, rich with a syrupy vanilla, heliotrope, tonka bean layering that gives it a certain viscousness thatís rounded out and balanced very nicely with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. I find the EDT is inferior to the EDP as it always starts of in such a strident, thin, discordant and sharply unpleasant manner. The EDP is smoother and settles a lot quicker into the characteristic *Jaipur* basenote accord. The Jaipur Homme Fresh version is very versatile and can easily be worn casually and even dressed up. Itís closer to the EDP version in smoothness and is basically the EDP version with the strength and the tonality turned down a couple of notches.

/me

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    There's also a "summer" version of Jaipur too called Fraicheur Epicee which smells ironically like Boucheron PH...longevity is not as notable as the classic versions.
    LOL, to my nose Fraicheur Epicee is nothing like Boucheron PH and it lasts and lasts and lasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    [quote author=teflondog link=1132102087/0#1 date=1132105426]The only thing that I find similar between them is the fragrance house. Other than that, they're completely different. Boucheron is a rich citrus while Jaipur is a refined Oriental. I have them both. I like them both. You can't really ask "which one should I get between these two?" because it depends on what you're looking for.

Cheers *

teflondog,

You have to be one of the most astute and sensible posters on the board. I couldn't agree more with your comments.

Here's a description of the two scents that might help some decide which they might prefer to try:

IMO, *Boucheron Pour Homme* is one of the finest and most elegant of formal colognes on the market. Itís really a suit fragrance. It's, beautifully constructed and blended, with citrus on top (with a beautiful verbena note), and exclusively, and boldly I might add, florals in the middle (Carnation Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Lily of the Valley,) and a classic, solid combination of Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli, and Oakmoss in the basenote, which give it depth and duration. The florals in the heartnotes give it a real presence and complexity along with refinement. If you have any reservation about these florals, donít; itís a resolutely refined masculine fragrance. To my mind itís a benchmark scent and one of the most impressive examples of the perfumerís art in terms of construction and blending, where one element doesnít predominate the other. The trick with this one is not to over spray. If you do, you overload with the patchouli and oakmoss, which tend to drown out the top and heart notes and make the whole experience of wearing the fragrance insufferable. Another word of caution, and this pretty much applies for most fragrances that contain patchouli or oakmoss. Such fragrances never take kindly to wearing on anything else except clean skin. Spray *Boucheron EDP* on yourself even half a day after a shower, and youíll get and entirely different and quite ugly fragrance. Patchouli and Oakmoss are the bad boys of fragrance ingredients. They always misbehave and are always better when you practice strict discipline. To conclude, with *Boucheron Pour Homme*, less is always best; with the EDP version, even less it better.

*Jaipur Homme* is an excellent oriental, rich with a syrupy vanilla, heliotrope, tonka bean layering that gives it a certain viscousness thatís rounded out and balanced very nicely with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. I find the EDT is inferior to the EDP as it always starts of in such a strident, thin, discordant and sharply unpleasant manner. The EDP is smoother and settles a lot quicker into the characteristic *Jaipur* basenote accord. The Jaipur Homme Fresh version is very versatile and can easily be worn casually and even dressed up. Itís closer to the EDP version in smoothness and is basically the EDP version with the strength and the tonality turned down a couple of notches.

/me
    [/quote]

Thank you for the compliment scentemental. I'm very flattered. I must say that your descriptions of scents are always inspiring and they paint a clear picture of what those scents really smell like.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Heres what OsMoz says:

http://www.osmoz.com/mag/news_parfum...&LANGUE=en

I've got that, but haven't opened it yet.

Oh, and a superb summary of the differences, scentemental.