Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default THIS is what chicks really dig!!!

If you wanna be successful with da ladies get online and download, study and practice the material of

David DeAngelo, Mystery Method, Carlos Xuma, Derek Vitalio, Real Social Dynamics, Swinggcat and all the other guys, it's all field tested stuff.

While you're out wear ANY quality scent from the mall and - VIOLA - you're a chick magnet.

Takes time, but it works. Let's hope this ends the "which scents do chicks dig" threads one and for all! ;D

Google will find it for you... 8-)

Default Re: THIS is what chicks really dig!!!

Must one play the viola to be a chick magnet? Couldn't one just wear Live Jazz instead?

Er, get your point - little typo there... :

Voila!

BTW, I don't get any money from these guys, but do give it a shot, it's worth your money and time, it was worth mine at least.

I mean, if you're the lady's man, you could wear friggin eau de garlic and have chicks on you! ;D

mmmmmmm I love garlic.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOcean
    If you wanna be successful with da ladies get online and download, study and practice the material of

David DeAngelo, Mystery Method, Carlos Xuma, Derek Vitalio, Real Social Dynamics, Swinggcat and all the other guys, it's all field tested stuff.

While you're out wear ANY quality scent from the mall and - VIOLA - you're a chick magnet.

Takes time, but it works. Let's hope this ends the "which scents do chicks dig" threads one and for all! *;D

Google will find it for you... *8-)
    Good tip, although it would be a lot easier to just lie about how much you make and what car you drive. :P

In all honesty, I find that playing a romantic guitar song while wearing a romantic scent seems to do the trick for me.

You could just wear some grain or bird seed and go down to the farm. The chicks would be all over you. ;D
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    You could just wear some grain or bird seed and go down to the farm. *The chicks would be all over you. *;D
    ;D ;D ;D that was good one

Don't forget to tar and feather yourself and you'll definitely have the chicks following you around. Then learn to dance the funky chicken.

or you could just wear a wedding band. viola!
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

and don't forget to stuff a sock or two in your pants

Quote Originally Posted by Noseorgy
    and don't forget to stuff a sock or two in your pants
    Be sure to put them in the front of your pants - not the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    [quote author=Noseorgy link=1132057377/0#8 date=1132065532]and don't forget to stuff a sock or two in your pants
    Be sure to put them in the front of your pants - not the back.[/quote]

D'Oh! I knew that was my problem.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

ROFL! This thread certainly makes a gal yen for a Basenotes gathering! I can just imagine all of you serenading chicks whilst you try out all of those "surefire tactics" that De Angelo and the others are getting rich from (rolls eyes) with garlic breath and sock-stuffed pants. Niiiiice! hahaha

I recommend just being fun to be with and straightforward. A nice cologne and having a brain doesn't hurt, either....haha

Subtlety is the key to success with the ladies. Sophistication [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif] would be the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by sharilstuff
    ROFL! *This thread certainly makes a gal yen for a Basenotes gathering! *I can just imagine all of you serenading chicks whilst you try out all of those "surefire tactics" that De Angelo and the others are getting rich from (rolls eyes) with garlic breath and sock-stuffed pants. *Niiiiice! *hahaha

I recommend *just being fun to be with and straightforward. *A nice cologne and having a brain doesn't hurt, either....haha
    They may be getting rich from selling their products, but they WORK ;D

I've been laid more times in the last year using David D's (and most of the others mnetioned) stuff than in the previous 5 years! And the women have been of various educational, income, and age (all legal ) groups. So it hasen't been a bunch of mindless bimbos :

Early on I made the mistake of telling a woman what I did to create atraction in her, and she laughed and said she was attracted to me because "you were funny and just being yourself". *I couldn't believe it, before David D, just being myself was complimenting women, buying them expensive dinners and trying to "impress" them. Before David D, I was told "I just don't feel "that way" about you" and LJBF more times than I care to count.

So laugh all you want at guys using material from these "gurus", but most of it works 8-)

"Getting laid more in a year.....priceless. For all those other things, there's Mastercard." haha

Teasing, babe. Whatever works.

The thing is that what people think will work and what actually DOES work are two totally different things!

Now, one may ridicule other people's insights, but the facts speak for themselves. I'm a huge follower of Dave D, because he really sat down and figured out WHY women are attracted to men. Why is it that some have incredible success and others have virtually none?

It all comes down to being a man, not an abusive jerk(!) and be the man women really want. The last 30 years of feminism have turned men into whimps and women certainly haven't profited of that either.

The key is becoming a man with high self-esteem, a funny, charming, secure, sexy guy that women just love to be around. Admit it, ladies, this is the man you want!

Dave D et al don't turn men into abusive jerks, they give back manlihood back to a society that has lost it.

To all the men out there: No, I don't get any money for it, but give it a try. ;D

Ah! And don't forget to wear a good cologne... 8-)

: By all means if you are 19. *But to read a book or listen to a tape about some guy professing how to make women flock to me is pure absurdity. *Like some other Bnoters have said, just be yourself and see what happens. *That way you don't end up with a girl who thinks you a different guy from when you first met. *If you don't have good self-esteem, change it, if you don't have self-confidence, change it. *If you don't like yourself, chances are no one else will either. *If you are not happy with your physical body then get your ass to a gym and sweat it off. *Everyone wants an easy road to take to acquire certain things in life. *Why pay some guy who is doing the same thing to you as he is preaching to you to do to some girl.
    Just my opinion, nothing personal

"The last 30 years of feminism have turned men into whimps and women certainly haven't profited of that either."

As a woman, I totally agree with that statement where dating, courtship...whatever you want to call it....is concerned. I think alot of women are confused now too..and having a hard time living up to all the mixed messages as well due to our "new and improved equal status". Be independent...but not TOO independent...have a career and be successfull.....be soft...don't be too opinionated....stand up for yourself....let the man be in charge....don't let the man call the shots because then he'll take advantage of you...give me a break!!

PHEW!! I'm newly single again as of late and quite frankly the mere idea of dating is a bit daunting...haha I'd rather just be authentic and be alone if that doesn't "work" out there. LOL! Now where did I put my pearls and my Barbara Billingsly housedress -or do I need the leather mini skirt? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOcean
    It all comes down to being a man, not an abusive jerk(!) and be the man women really want. The last 30 years of feminism have turned men into whimps and women certainly haven't profited of that either.
    totally agree.

but unfortunately, being a jerk sometimes does help with getting laid. it just doesn't help with getting a quality relationship.
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Amen, Noseorgy! These are tactics that seem to help the guys get "lucky" with the ladies over the short term by acting in a manner other than what comes naturally. But I'm an optimist, I consider these to be self-help (contradiction=self-help) guides to improving oneself only if people keep that charming character everwhere they go...but I know they won't . What happened to the idea of a gentlemen? It seems to be forgotten by todays youth, although it's present in men when they're around women, it disappears when they get together with other men : . Do you want to find a woman? Here are 6 sure fire tips
    1. Be kind
    2. Be confident (does not=cocky)
    3. Be smart/clever
    4. Be funny
    5. Have a decent body
    6. Be rich

liquid, you're right. But thankfully, I don't want to meet any of those girls.

Well, all I say is that it's better to pay 30 bucks on psychologically backed material than it is to spend 30 bucks on a cologne and hope it will do the job for you. ;D

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Period!

But, interestingly, many men are so screwed up in their thinking, so kissing up to women, putting them on pedestals, that they DO NEED help! Hey, I know what I'm talking about, I was one of them. And you're not doing the girls a favour either. Well, you are, if you buy her dinner to win her approval. Then it's a win/lose situation for YOU.

And in the long run it's also a lose/lose situation for both of you. Because your relationship won't last. Doing the things that mommy taught you makes you a good and boring husband, but not the steamy lover women crave for.

Women possess a huge amount of emotional intelligence, yes they are WAY ahead of us guys. Take any woman. They more beautiful she is, the more she is approached day in day out by loser guys who just want to get into her pants. I can understand them. It just sucks. They build up emotional shields to fend off all the "nice guys". And it's their right!

She might be approached a hundred times a week if she is good-looking. Even an "average-looking" girl is approached - say something like at least a few times a week. The have to disqualify the losers as quickly as possible or else they'll have to deal with an abundance of men they just don't want to talk to and don't have time for. And that's nauseqting for them. You might be a really nice person, but if her shield blocks you off, hey, it's you who has to deal with it. She can focus on the other 99 men, because she has A LOT of options.

They develop social masks and once you break through them you start to wonder "hey, this ice-queen is a really nice person". And you can't rip off her social mask by just being yourself. Being yourself is okay if you're a confident, smooth and funny guy.

But most of the times being yourself means just kissing up to women, putting them on pedestals, buying their favour with food and drinks, which is highly manipulative. It's fun for a while for the girl, but soon get's pretty boring. It's US MEN who have a completely distorted image of women and dating, it's not (most of the time) the women's fault. They just want a real man. And if that is not YOU, she is going to go for the abusive jerk, who - even though he has a dark and abusive side to him - is at least more fun than 99 percent of the other boring men.

Dave D says you can't bore a woman into feeling attracted to you. Yet, most men are so stiff and nice that they scare away women. They don't want that. And they don't like girly men. So if you're guilty of that, stop that immediately! ;D Or you'll keep hearing "Let's just be friends", which equals "I just don't feel attracted to you and I don't wanna hurt your feelings". Women can even be nice when they're cruel!

So, no amount of cologne, no GIT, Le Male, Acqua di Gio is going to get you a girl. Girls like what confident men wear. Period! Even if that equals toilet cleaner with garlic and fecal notes! Hehe, just kidding! 8-)

No amount of "love-potion pheromones" can replace my game, simple as that.

More power to you, though, if you use it! I have to say the concept sounds interesting.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Interesting, thoughtful post, BlueOcean. *Alot of it is true. *However...this is not:

"And you can't rip off her social mask by just being yourself."

Take the thinking about "the odds" a little further. *If a woman is really approached frequently by men who are interested on some level, as you say...then it stands to reason that by...oh say my ripe old age of 37.....we've pretty much seen it all. *So quite honestly it comes to a point where either the guy DOES show me who he really is....which quite honestly DOES work if I dig him...it works in a huge way....or.....he steps up his game to the point of being practically mercenary. *God help him if he bags a strong woman with those kinds of tactics (ie getting her to dig him with alot of bullshit that he cannot back up long term), because she's probably got some serious moves of her own and she will be loaded for bear when she catches on! * hahahaha

Good thread, by the way. *Stimulating topic (like the bad pun?) *haha

Man, FORGET all that psychological mumbo-jumbo!!

Just get a bottle of THIS and you'll be all set for love!

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/mrsillage-images.jpg
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I prefer the Sex Panther myself ;D

BlueOcean "gets it"!

Men are attracted to physically attractive women and women are attracted to men with high status. This is the natural way that the human animal is built. 6,000 years of "civilization" can't change a brain that has evolved for 5 million years!

Status in this case does not neccessarily mean wealth and fame, although it can. When a man uses the "techniques" espoused by David D, et al, he demonstrates high status by showing that he is not itimidated by her beauty and not afraid to "walk away".

Just last weekend I approached a very attractive women at a lounge after making eye contact. I told her she had the best smile I've seen all night. She thanked me but had that "Oh great, another boring guy!" look on her face. After a pause I said, "no, I take that back. you have the third best smile I've seen all night. I met 2 women over ther that had better smiles. I'll call you #3". She got this DITHL look, then started laughing and hit me in the shoulder and said "you're terrible! I want to be number 1". later she spilled a little of her drink and I said "I thought I was attracted to you until you just did that!". More great reaction form her. She was acting toward me excatlly the same way I used to act around hot women, nervous and suplicating!

A little later a guy that was obviously better looking than me approached and before he could say anything I said, "Dude! Great, take this girl off my hands, I need to get back to my friends." She grabbed my sleeve and told me not to leave. This guy just stood there with his mouth hanging open while she continued to talk to me. She never even looked at him!

We made out a little at the the lounge and I got her phone number.

If you would have told me I'd be doing this a year and a half ago I would have laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    Just last weekend I approached a very attractive women at a lounge after making eye contact. I told her she had the best smile I've seen all night. She thanked me but had that "Oh great, another boring guy!" look on her face. After a pause I said, "no, I take that back. you have the third best smile I've seen all night. I met 2 women over ther that had better smiles. I'll call you #3". She got this DITHL look, then started laughing and hit me in the shoulder and said "you're terrible! I want to be number 1". later she spilled a little of her drink and I said "I thought I was attracted to you until you just did that!". More great reaction form her. She was acting toward me excatlly the same way I used to act around hot women, nervous and suplicating!
    this is bordering on being a jerk. and i'm not surprised it worked.

edit: (i don't mean that as a criticism. you just gave her what she wanted)

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    [quote author=phersurf link=1132057377/15#25 date=1132082357]
    Just last weekend I approached a very attractive women at a lounge after making eye contact. I told her she had the best smile I've seen all night. She thanked me but had that "Oh great, another boring guy!" look on her face. After a pause I said, "no, I take that back. you have the third best smile I've seen all night. I met 2 women over ther that had better smiles. I'll call you #3". She got this DITHL look, then started laughing and hit me in the shoulder and said "you're terrible! I want to be number 1". *later she spilled a little of her drink and I said "I thought I was attracted to you until you just did that!". More great reaction form her. She was acting toward me excatlly the same way I used to act around hot women, nervous and suplicating!
    this is bordering on being a jerk. *and i'm not surprised it worked.
    [/quote]

Well, Liquid, wouldn't you know it? Jerks are interesting and exciting! Nice guys are just....nice.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Well, Liquid, wouldn't you know it? Jerks are interesting and exciting! Nice guys are just....well...nice.
    oh i'm not disagreeing at all. i think it's common knowledge amoung "nice guys" that being a jerk gets you a lot more play. they are just too nice to turn that knowledge into action.

But I'm not being a jerk. Obvioulsy you can't see the expression on my face or the tone in my voice.

I will admit to being confident, cocky and funny! If I said these kinds of things without humor, then I'd be a jerk.

No, phersurf, it must have been that new pheromone cologne that you wore! ;D

Hehe, this is sooo good, thanks, phersurf, nice story to back it up! 8-)

The thing is, you can LEARN how to be attractive t women. You had to learn how to walk, to talk, to drive a car. And - YES! - attracting women is something you can learn! Nobody was "born" a ladykiller.

If you get rid of bad habits and enrich your life with good ones and stay that way, it will also spread to other areas of life as well. Just don't turn into that old "wussy" mode again, once you have a relationship. Women will lose interest in you after a few weeks/months/years and the relationship will eventually break up.

"I have to spend some time on my own, it isn't you, but my feelings have changed". That is what women often say, when they break up. They don't know it's because you switched off the attraction mode and just became the boring wussy she wouldn't have wanted a relationship anyway. It's YOU who has changed, not her feelings.

Oftentimes you find - to quote Dave D - that attraction doesn't make logical sense at first. It's like reversing your car, when you wanna go left you have to turn the steering wheel right. It has its own logic. And it's a strong force.

Its is not concerned with your feelings or that of anybody else. Its sole purpose is to perpetuate life on this planet for its own need. Otherwise the human race as we know it would have become extinct a long time ago. Knowledge always helps. So, get knowlegable!!!

It doesn't hurt to know how attraction works. What is more, women will love you for treating them correctly! You are someone who "GETS IT"!

Hey, don't blame me or anybody else for a system that nature has come up with to reproduce. It may seem unfair that women have to bear the children. But us men did not make that up, it's evolution. The same goes for attraction. It's not logical in the sense of mathematics, it is often counterintuitive.

Coming back to cologne. It's like an ugly woman trying to improve her looks with a ton of lipstick. It might work a bit, but it's just a tiny fraction of the whole picture. Yes, men go for good-looking women, because it's inbuilt in their system to find somone with good genes to mate, so that their offspring will survive.

The same goes for women. It's not really the men's looks (maybe 20%), but their status, dominance and alphaness that attracts women. 40,000 years ago if your man was weak and not dominant, he could have got killed or left you - devoid of resources - and you would have been alone, left to your own devices to nurture your children. And this principle is so ingrained in us that it can't be changed by any politically correct society. Changes like these takes "eons".

Just get to terms with the facts of life, or you'll suffer (in the buddhist-kind-of notion) for wanting to see things as they are not!

Men can increase their attractiveness "dramatically" by using the stuff mentionend in the first post, because they can increase their status, contrary to women (sorry! I know it's unfair, I didn't invent the system...) who have to rely on the cosmetics and plastic surgery industry to increase their attractiveness. It's nature's way!

Cologne is a bit like lipstick. It's a petty tool, and if you rely on it too much, it's going to let you down!

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    But I'm not being a jerk. Obvioulsy you can't see the expression on my face or the tone in my voice.

I will admit to being confident, cocky and funny! If I said these kinds of things without humor, then I'd be a jerk.
    oh i know you weren't. and yes, humor goes a long way. but humor that cuts them down a notch can go even further. women (especially young women) have a lot of... "issues". a central one being self esteem. a lot of their high self image is based on the constant flattery they get rather than internally based. people do not like to date down. so if a girl initially sees you as "below" her, all you need to do to change the dynamic is raise yourself or lower her a bit. frequently, you can accomplish both at the same time. i don't like this fact, but i'm just sayin.

on the other hand, if one wants a healthy happy lasting relationship with a kind woman who knows herself, free of the "craziness" that so many of us know all too well, then being yourself and being a nice guy really is the way to go. you just won't get as much action in the meantime. :P

I think that most women are always in search of adventure, and they seek men who will provide that to them.
    Wether it's a "bad boy" personality, good looks, or money.

The problem with society today, imo, is that both sexes always seek what they want, not what they need (just like the song, lol), which only brings dissapointment in the end.

Ditto Liquid's last post. *Playing on insecurities that might be there works on.....surprise!!...insecure women. *Young women, generally. *But since that's generally considered desirable anyway, no loss there. *I actually had a guy try this exact sort of thing on me this Summer to no avail. *Too obvious. *You see...a smart woman...a smart person, for that matter....understands that anyone who is trying to "even the playing field" by taking a little piece out of the other person's self esteem; is always by definition insecure themselves. *It's textbook stuff. *So you gotta find the gals that aren't hip to that yet. *There are probably tons.

If your at all intersted in the science behind the stuff BlueOcean and I have been talking about, check out some of the following books.

It's not pretty (especially if you believe that there is some kind of "magic" involved in attraction, and if you just keep "being yourself" that special girl will come along), but it's backed up by tons of evidence.

The Mating Mind : How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature by Geoffrey Miller

Sperm Wars: The Science of Sex by Robin Baker

The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating by David M. Buss

The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature by Matt Ridley

Don't know where to begin!

Some seem to view fragrance as a pheromone, some as a pleasant attribute a woman might enjoy just being around.

1. Age matters - men and women in their twenties are at a different stage in life, and looking for different things than ones in their thirties, which are different than ones in their forties, which are different than ones in their fifties, etc. (Carl Jung, et al)

2. In the twenties, you are more hormone driven by nature, and interested in the business of meeting, mating, establishing identities, lives and careers. The wiles and ways of getting each of these is important to this age group.

3. In the thirties, the preoccupations of the twenties theoretically are coming together, or has come together. Your attention turns to the more long-term, to the "good" relationship, the "good" job, to building what you have started.

4. If you haven't achieved the above by your forties, I think you will be somewhat dissatisfied with life, man or woman. This is the age where you should be getting more strokes, reaping rewards, seeing the result of two decades of work. Relationships at this point are either deeper and more fruitful, or are at the breaking point because of long-term dissatisfactions, and lack of fulfillment. Forties are a common divorce time for long-term relationships.

5. Fifties are when you start resting on your laurels, facing your mortality, taking stock. The relationships at this age are probably the deepest, most honest, and most soul-baring, as there isn't the "need" to present yourself as something you aren't as much as earlier. A man and woman aren't doing the mating dances as much, and because of their own aging process, are willing to look at the opposite sex more for what they are as people, rather than physical aspects. If a single man or woman in their fifties are still saying things like "How can I get laid" or "What do I need to wear to attract that man" they're probably a little behind the curve, a little immature, lacking the insight that should be in place by now.

6. What is appropriate and right for one stage in life isn't for another. I think the differing fragrance preferences reflects these stages.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, this is simplistic. If you are 32 and still fit the twenties scenario, or vice versa, this is okay!

34 and still smokin' (not literally, I quit on new years 1999) ;D

phersurf,

i'm sure those books are right. i think we know the truth of this instinctually. but the thing is, an emotionally mature woman (the kind you want for a long-term relationship) will be less attracted to jerks and "attitude" (or what i like to call "front&quot. just like an emotionally mature man will be less attracted to the hot young ditzes. maturity and experience allow them to see what's truly important. it even fits into the theories of attraction that you refer to. a smart woman knows that a kind, gentle, loyal (non-jerk) man will take better care of her in the long run.

but i fully accept the fact that if you're trying to get play, all the stuff that we've been discussing really does work. it's just a matter of what you're looking for. and getting laid is a perfectly legitimate goal, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sharilstuff
    Ditto Liquid's last post. *Playing on insecurities that might be there works on.....surprise!!...insecure women. *Young women, generally. *But since that's generally considered desirable anyway, no loss there. *I actually had a guy try this exact sort of thing on me this Summer to no avail. *Too obvious. *You see...a smart woman...a smart person, for that matter....understands that anyone who is trying to "even the playing field" by taking a little piece out of the other person's self esteem; is always by definition insecure themselves. *It's textbook stuff. *So you gotta find the gals that aren't hip to that yet. *There are probably tons.

That's only partly it.

The best women to interact with are the ones that are not insecure. They think, "wow, a man that "gets it". You can actually see their expression change onto one of "hey this interaction could actually be interesting". They are able to come back wih thier own lines. That's when it get's interesting.

This thread has GOT to be spam. And this is saying a lot, coming from me, a huge David DeAngelo student/subscriber and I recognize a lot of those famous names that BlueOcean has namedropped in his original post.

This thread should be in the Off-Topic section of the community, not here.
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

heh yeah, it should probably be moved to OT.

as a sidenote, this discussion reminds me of The Ladder Theory. it's kinda funny, but there's some truth to it.

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

warning: contains some adult language.

Not to be a jerk, but I think at this point the discussion has turned away from Male Frangrances and has moved onto just general discussion.

Good stuff, though. The biggest thing to keep in mind, however, is that it won't always work. I say that not for the people who already use these strategies, but for those considering it. No one, not matter how good their "game" is or how much they talk about their conquests, is going to be successful every time out. You can use techniques to increase the chances you're going to achieve your goal (be it a relationship, sex, play, et cetera) but you won't win every time. That's something anyone new to this should remember.

I personally don't think being a "jerk" is the key, it's as others have pointed out all about the confidence. Some people may say this is being cocky, but it's not. It's about knowing who you are, and being confident in yourself. Women aren't the only ones attracted to this, everyone wants to be around someone that is confident.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

I wouldn't be surprised if BlueOcean is one of those famous PUAs incognito, trying to spam a fragrance board to bring himself big business. Do you KNOW how much money pickup gurus like Mystery charge for a several-day crash course in meeting women? It's something around $1000 per person. And dating gurus like David DeAngelo have a huge back-catalog of e-material that can be purchased online... stuff all costing hundreds of dollars if you were to get the whole thing.

In my many years visiting online communities, I've never been a part of an online message board where outside third-party ventures were tolerated by the forum administration/moderators. This is spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Informer
    I personally don't think being a "jerk" is the key, it's as others have pointed out all about the confidence. Some people may say this is being cocky, but it's not. It's about knowing who you are, and being confident in yourself. Women aren't the only ones attracted to this, everyone wants to be around someone that is confident.
    in general though, self-confidence in a woman is much less important to a guy than self-confidence in a guy is to a woman.

hysteria,
    we don't know that this is spam. it should maybe be moved to OT, not locked (i know you didn't say it should be locked).

You know what's funny? I was actually linked to the Basenotes Community when I was posting on one of those online seduction communities, in a topic regarding the top male fragrances for attracting women. It's funny how it's coming full-circle now, me posting on Basenotes and seeing the dating/seduction gurus' names being mentioned here. ;D ;D ;D

I think you must differentiate between men and women.

For women there is a lot at stake when sleeping with a man. She must know if he's the real deal. She has to test him for his integrity as a man. All women test men on a regular basis often without being consciously aware about it.

Women in their 20's want to have fun and go for adventurous guys. Women in their thirties want to settle down with a man and have children. To that end she'll accept a "beta" male who can support her while she bears the children. Once the menopause sets in, women change again, sex is not that interesting for them anymore. The need to reproduce is over.

For men, it's easy to spread their genes. They produce milllions of sperms and have the ability to fertilise an abundance of women. And it never stops, even if you're 80. The have to find a woman with the correct hip-to-waist ratio (I think 0.7), which is attractive to men, as it increases a woman's attractiveness and is considered beautiful across all cultures.

This is why it's more likely to find an old man, who is mature, dominant, an alpha-type with a young woman, who can bear his children than it is to find a young man with an older woman. How long will she be able to bear his children?

In a nutshell, men do change throughout the different stages of their lives, but ALWAYS have the possibility to reproduce and do so with women, who are fertile and healthy which often equals young, regardless of their own age (look at Anthony Quinn, for example). Yes, and sometimes 50 year-old men leave their wife for a younger woman.

It is something that humans do unconsciously, it's nature's way to survive.

Get accustomed to the fact that there are two different kinds of humans on this planet, men and women. And they both have very different mating strategies to serve nature's cause. And that is okay!!!

No man is bad because - in his sixties - he dates a mid twenty girl. It's our culture that lables him immature, yet he is serving natures cause. He is spreading his genes, helping humanity to proliferate.

The same goes for women. It's scientifically proven that women have the drive to mate with an attractive men while they are in their most fertile period. They have a beta male (= husband) who will care for the children and a lover with good genes to provide the genetic material. It's a fact that 10% of the world's population have different fathers than they think!

And that's neither good nor bad, it's natures way! It's when we try to fit this into our moral system that we interpret it as being wrong.

The same goes for attraction. There are certain mating rituals that are inbuilt into us for the purpose of reproduction. And just like the peacock with the most beautiful feathers is bound to get the female, in human terms, the most attractive (= most "alpha&quot guys will get the girl (all other traits being equal).

So how do you become the man that women choose as relationship material (instead of "just friends" material)?

Learn to become a man again. Someone who is charming, funny, confident, dominant (not domineering!), adventurous and mature. This kind of man will always treat women well and at the same time give them what they want, which does not equal candle-light dinners for the next ten weeks! And he doesn't take any sh** that women throw at him nor does he kiss up to them. Women love men who treat them like real people and not like goddesses. They never asked us for that. You wouldn't accept it either if your brother threw sh** at you, so why accept it from any woman? Call her on it, an she'll be okay with that. Don't accept second-class behaviour. This is whya it's so important to become a real man.

Read the material. ;D

"That's only partly it.

The best women to interact with are the ones that are not insecure. They think, "wow, a man that "gets it". You can actually see their expression change onto one of "hey this interaction could actually be interesting". They are able to come back wih thier own lines. That's when it get's interesting. "

Yes!! That's exactly what I meant by "it works in a huge way". I am also super refreshed and excited when I get that a guy is actually showing me who he is, rather than boring me with who he wants me to think he is.

A) I don't appreciate the implication that I, or anyone else here, needs to relearn how to be a man. I get by well enough without mumbo-jumbo peddlers.

B) It's awesome that it works for you, but to assume that every person has the exact same goals is ludicrous. Human behavior can be largely predictable, but there is always that element of chance.

C) Let's keep this lil' discussion going, but over in the "Off-Topic" area, so that way this sub-forum can back to what it's designed for, discussing men's fragrances.

D) I'm not going to post or even look in this topic anymore so if anyone has anything they want to say to me, please PM me.

E) I still don't like Chanel colognes.

BTW, this is NOT spam!!!

All I say is, whenever I hear a question like "which cologne attracts women" is that I think "oh, another loser who doesn't get it". And that annoys me, because it's immature thinking.

I intentionally mentioned A LOT OF DIFFERENT internet sources, as I don't want to promote a single one. It's just knowledge that's out there, and it's not bad. It can help you.

I don't endorse any of the above mentioned products and I don't get ANY money out of it. To be honest, I have spent a good fortune on it myself. And yes, I love fragrances.

Move this thread to off-topic, I you will.

Yet, as I've already mentioned, I just can't understand why this topic of "which fragrance gets the girls" keeps coming up so regularly. These guys wanna get a life! And I want to help them to realise that, because I used to be like them, too. If anybody had told me about this body of knowledge years ago, I would have been very thankful!

I like to help other people, and I don't get any money for it. At some sites you can even download samples of their materials to see for yourselves. Only trust your own intuiation. All I'm saying is, give it a chance.

And spending 30 bucks on cologne won't get you the girl if you haven't got your act together. You have to do something else. Yet, most of the book-store material won't help you in that respect. Get material of people who have tested and proven their theories in real life!

And - while I'm saying this - maybe it had better if you spent 30 bucks on cologne. That would spare me the competition! ;D

chanel rules.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    chanel rules.

Just wanted to agree. Also, let it be known that, as the one of the few men here who has actually taken a course on human sexuality in regards to evolution, this conversation is hilarious in how far off it is from what is generally accepted upon.

Isn't it funny that Chanel produces a cologne that is called "Allure"? ;D

Chanel is great quality. I love the frags of Monsieur Jaques Polge! Well, with the exception of Allure homme sport, though.

This would all be null if we wore our underwear outside of our pants. 8-)

That's about as funny as a henway.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Must one play the viola to be a chick magnet? Couldn't one just wear Live Jazz instead?

As an editor, this is one of my all-time favorite typos. I see it all the time, and it never fails to make me laugh out loud...

Just go along and find other gurus. It's like religion. There are many paths that lead to the truth and none is better than the other. One might just fit your style better than the other. The names I dropped were just the ones that came to my mind. Stuff that I have bought.

If someone tells me to buy - say - a Mercedes, because he thinks it's a great car, he's not bound to be a Mercedes car dealer. It's more likely that he is a guy who has come to appreciate their cars. If you're more into BMW, Ford or what have you, then that won't affect you. Test-drive it and if you don't like it, get something else.

Some other good idea comes to my mind. A lot of these dating gurus give away their knowledge for free via newsletters you can subscribe to. Over the course of a year you sometimes get an entire book worth of knowledge for free. And you don't have to pay a penny! There are even free sites that archive these newsletters. Go look for them. This means that you don't have to buy ANYTHING! Yet, to me, a condensed book or video course is worth the money, as it can sequentially lay out the idea and back it up.

See for yourselves!

You're makin these guys out to be yodas and shit. Gimme a break they are hustlers just like their followers and the only path its going take you down is the path you already know but don't think it will happen to you. Find a nice girl, be yourself and let it ride.
    You wanna get laid?
    there are easier ways of doing it without giving away money to other guys and reading books.

Quote Originally Posted by Noseorgy
    You're makin these guys out to be yodas and shit. Gimme a break they are hustlers just like their followers and the only path its going take you down is the path you already know but don't think it will happen to you. Find a nice girl, be yourself and let it ride.
    You wanna get laid?
    there are easier ways of doing it without giving away money to other guys and reading books.
    There it is again! The great piece of advice "just be yourself". I got that all my life and it didn't work.

My older cousin is a natural. He's an OK looking guy with OK money but he always had hot women. He always used to give me that "just be youself" crap. Just being yourself worked great for him because he did the right things naturally.

Just being yourself for many of us got us a lifetime of "Lets just be friends" or as BlueOcean previously stated, relationships that died because the woman didn't feel the same way anymore. If you've ever heard "it's not you, it's me", it was you, you just did too many things that caused her to loose attraction.

And you're right, if you want to learn a new skill, for god's sakes, don't buy a book from people that know more than you :

Um...and by the way...don't mistakenly think that only men suffer the "let's just be friends" bit. Sure, men and women are different, but the odds work the same way for both genders.

Odds are that probably quite a few of the situations that you get into will not work out to be a long term thing. The odds also favor that probably over 50% of the time, one person will be more "into it" than the other. There is no silver bullet to fix this..it's called the human experience. You will never read, buy, wear or say ANYTHING that will help you to sidestep this fact of life.

Wanna know what gals get instead of "I just want to be friends"? We just never get that infamous phone call. Yep....the same "hot" women that tell certain guys that they "just want to be friends" are the ones that have also had their turn on the short shrift romantically. Everyone has been the dumper and the dumpee at one time or another....LOL. Didn't you see all the hype around that book titled "He's Just Not That Into You"?

Above all, the big question is, even if those gurus are right, can I look like crap, smell like crap, be sweaty greasy and act exactly like what they teach me to act and still get chicks? I've actually read up a lot of that stuff like David D, Ross Jeffery etc, but still not convinced enough to sign up their programs.

I've never had a problem with just being myself. That is great advice and has provided me with wonderful outcomes as well as dismal ones. To me a "hot"chick is a girl who has her priorities straight, goes home and takes care of the things that need to be taken care of before anything else, wether it be a child a husband or whatever (vice versa too ladies) "Hotness" comes from the inside and a beautiful soul and heart are far more attractive than a tight ass that looks good in a skirt...because in time, it might not be so tight looking.
    Don't get me wrong, I love a nice body but it is not the be all end all of life. There are plenty of girls out there who have a good heart and are tired of being mistreated by jerks or hustlers. Eventually they learn your tricks and then hit the road with scars and lessons learned. The girls that like that sort of stuff will never find me attractive because I won't do it. You may think that a certain lifestyle will not change you, but it does. You never walk away from anything the same, so you might as well make it as good as possible.
    If I am wrong then I am wrong, but I won't listen to a bunch of guys who have nothing better else to do with their time but find ways to manipulate people into getting what they want. That person has to be already weak, in some way, to fall for that stuff, and in the end you're just a predator.
    Why not read a book on how to make these girls stronger and help them heal and maybe...just maybe, you might end up with a "hot" chick who completely adores you and will love you forever. Wouldn't that be a more positive goal to achieve than the bragging rights of nailing her in your dad's car and moving on to your next trophy.
    Sorry to sound like a preacher or a know-it-all, I'm far from it. Just my thoughts