Code of Conduct

Default Fendi Uomo or Azzaro PH--One of 'em's Got to Go!

Two undeniable classic men's scents.

When I first started collecting in earnest a few years ago, these were two of my first purchases. They were both dirt cheap at the Max.

Now that my collection has expanded, and my nose a bit more educated, I rarely wear these two.

My objection is not that they don't smell great--they do, but they also seem somewhat "dated" to me in the way that other men's classics--say Chanel's PM or Patou PH or Guerlains's MdM and many others--don't.

They are both also incredibly potent and even a soft application can turn you in to the "Cologne Guy." Not even so much the strength, but the dated (to me) smell as well.

So I'm determined to move my rarely worn scents to the swaplist and if you HAD to choose, which you would you keep and which one would get the 'ol heave-ho?

Default Re: Fendi Uomo or Azzaro PH--One of 'em's Got to G

Azzaro Pour Homme, because I want it. LOL!!

I wouldn't call it dated... to me, it's "gentlemanly" and classy. And this is coming from me, a 22-year-old who wasn't even around when Azzaro PH was launched. I really like the free sample spray vial that I currently have and would eventually get a full bottle.
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

I've got them both too and your question makes me wonder if I should get rid of one as well. I'd chuck the Fendi. I like Azzaro too much to chuck it.

So be like me, Ballard, let me recast the world in my image--you must save the Azzaro! Obey!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Well, I recently tried Azzaro PH and bought Fendi. I'm considering the Azzaro now and am not impressed with the Fendi. Thought I'd like the spice in the Fendi, but when all is said and done, the only thing left of the Fendi is cinnamon. And the Fendi is very pungent and "sweaty" at first. My vote says chuck the Fendi and keep the Azzaro classic.

Sorry, Hysteria!

Hard call. I love Azzaro but the Fendi has that aggressive leather note that I look for every once in a while.

keep the stud(fendi),chuck the dud

I sprayed a generous amount of each scent on each arm for a side by side comparison.

Damn, still a tough call. The Fendi has leather and spice, which I like. It's quite a sharp fragrance. The Azzaro is more "soapy" and lavendery and not nearly as sharp and spicy.

While the Azzaro smells more "dated," I'm leaning towards keeping it.

I agree that Azzaro smells dated - to me it's the smell of 70'S MAN'S COLOGNE. That said, I love it. The dated quality is part of its charm. I don't know the Fendi, but I can't imagine being without Azzaro. If I could have just one scent of this style, Azzaro would be the one.

Don't hesitate: stay with Azzaro! I don't think it smells dated...
    Fendi is nice, but less wearable... And I have a problem with a note that smells like cumin to me...

Get rid of the Fendi. Azzaro is a much more refined concoction.

Its not even a question here. The Fendi stays and the racid Azzaro goes.

To be honest I truly don't see what is so great on Azzaro Homme its so harsh and sharp and not in a nice way. The bottle is just so grassy with vetiver :P

Fendi is nice touch of leather against spice....."the passion of Rome"