Code of Conduct

Default David Beckham Instinct huge sales

Young men across the country have been snapping up David Beckham's new fragrance as it hits the shop shelves.

Superdrug sold more than 2,000 bottles of the footballer's new Instinct product in its first five hours of trading.

Some stores sold out of the fragrance entirely, causing the chain to treble its pre-Christmas sales forecast.

Superdrug's flagship store on London's Oxford Street reported large numbers of men aged 16 to 30 flocking to buy the product.

And an outlet in Manchester's Trafford Centre sold out of all the large 75ml bottles, the chain said.

The England captain did not attend the UK launch of David Beckham Instinct.

Instead a Beckham lookalike, known only as Karoli, arrived two hours late at the Oxford Street store where he was greeted by fans who asked for his autograph.

Superdrug fragrance buyer Tim Hughes said: "We knew this was going to be a massive launch, which is why we made sure we had exclusivity, but we are overwhelmed by our sales figures.

"Forget the smell of mulled wine and turkey this Christmas, the country is going to be smelling of David Beckham Instinct."

The fragrance's target market is young men aged 16 to 24.

It contains scents of grapefruit, mandarin leaf, cardamom seeds and patchouli.

David Beckham Instinct is made by Coty, which created fragrances for Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dion and Sarah Jessica Parker.

The eau de toilette costs 15 for 30ml and 30 for 75ml.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/14112005/34...ven-scent.html

Default Re: David Beckham Instinct huge sales

Hands down the smartest celebrity endorsed fragrance.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

I don't think it's selling very well here in Denmark. I even heard the SA's joking about it because they didn't sell any. Also the Paris Hilton one seems like a joke. I don't think I've ever seen anything go on sale that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Informer
    Hands down the smartest celebrity endorsed fragrance.
    I'll have to agree with that. By the way, I kind of like Paris Hilton for Men.

i must admit i have a prejudice against celebrity scents. seems so tacky. but yeah, paris hilton for men is not too bad. i bet if it was named night raven or something it would sell better.

heh heh. "Paris Hilton for men." i guess that could be read another way.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Sadly, that's what fragance means to most people: a seasonal product, often bought as a gift, and for reasons other than the scent itself.
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

I also hate to admit it, but I think Paris Hilton for Men has a pretty pleasant melon thing going on, would not buy it, but probably wear it if it was given to me.

Beckham Instinct is 100% D&G Masculine IMO, especially for the first hour. Therefore I cant completely diss it, I think both the juice and design is better than most other celebrity frags. Again nothing Id ever buy though.

MMM

It's flying of the shelves here too! *I agree with the D&G comparison , also it reminded me a bit of Drakkar Noir.
    Not bad, but nothing special either. Packaging is well done though. Better than those tacky releases of the U.S celebrities like Paris Hilton, Donald Trump, Britney Spears etc.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    i must admit i have a prejudice against celebrity scents. seems so tacky. but yeah, paris hilton for men is not too bad. i bet if it was named night raven or something it would sell better.
    Heh, I agree, I also like Paris Hilton for Men. I won't buy it though, I just can't imagine it in my collection. Yeah, yeah, I'm a wuss, but what if someone sees it!

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Better than those tacky releases of the U.S celebrities like Paris Hilton, Donald Trump, Britney Spears etc.
    almost makes me wanna step in and defend our celebs. but nah. ;D

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado