Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The 48 is the best Vetiver for me!! Unfortunately Creed has been discontinued it, and now is very difficult to find it in Italy! I bought the last 2 8.4 oz bottle and 1 2.5!! OV is a very good fragrance, nothing compare the 48 vetiver!! For only 30 € I bought Mugler cologne, to me a very good alternative!! Longevity is great (48). It lasts on my skin for 8/10 h, OV only 3/4!!
    Francesco

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Creed Vetiver (1948) VS Creed Original vetiver

At this point I have 3 of the 2.5 oz vetiver 48, smells so good. I have had a few other vetivers in my life but nothing like this. I hope I can someday find something similar but who knows.

I like freshness of Original Vetiver better and I think it's more versatile.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Original Vetiver is a good sporty green scent, totally non-offensive and good as a daily wearer. OV to my nose is juicier than the 48.

Creed Vetiver 48 is likewise a scent that can be worn for any occasion. It starts off bright green then settles into a dry ginger/Vetiver root scent with better than average longevity and sillage. I think the dryness and mineral quality of 48 comes from the use of Vetiver root as opposed to the leaf, making it more powerful and suave, with a touch of old world dirtiness that I'm coming to enjoy much more than modern clean scents, Vetiver 48 by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I prefer 1948. Just smells classier and more complete.

Ged
    This is the way I feel also!!!
    Gary

I don't think Ive smelt a more classy vetiver scent in my life than 48! Original Vetiver is definitely more modern and is a terrific scent but 48 just oozes class and sophisication. I hope they re release it sometime down the road.

I like them both, but they are worlds apart. To my nose, Original Vetiver is largely based on a combination of contemporary musks, while the 1948 is, well, old school.

If one buys a 250ml flacon of Creed cologne, how would he apply it since there's no sprayer? A small decant? Forgive me for getting off message but I'm new to this and really curious.

Hi cadenz, and welcome to BN.

Yes, unfortunately, the Creed flacons have no sprayer. Therefore, you must buy a separate atomizer to decant it into, and of course, that atomizer can be any size you like.

Slightly off-topic question: I only know OV and adore it, so what are the odds I might like the 1948 vetiver?

Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

If you are a fan of Original Vetiver, the only way to descibe their comparisons is original Vetiver to me is a wonderful refreshing light fragrance suited more for daytime wear, and Vetiver 48 is more serious,distinquished and to me a more formal fragrance. Both are Beautiful fragrances from the house of Creed.