Code of Conduct

Default Everyday, every weather fragrance?

Are there any good fragrances that you can wear as an everyday fragrance (meaning something for school, but also fresh), but in every weather?

I'm interested in both Chrome and Lanvin, but I've been told they're more suitable for warmer weather?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Everyday, every weather fragrance?

Cheaper: CK be

High end: Creed OV
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Actually I would consider Chrome a "warm weather" scent. I know it responds beautifully in the tropic heat and humidity I live in. Lanvin, which is one of my favorites, I wouldn't label it either cool or warm weather. It has no problem in the heat and humidity, and it is an excellent scent on the cooler days. Both Chrome and Lanvin are good scents. Many younger people swear by Chrome and I'm sure they know their own circumstances. I feel Lanvin is several levels above Chrome in quality in terms or what I consider "quality." If I were to guess--and this is a pure guess--Lanvin would respond better to ALL temperatures than Chrome.

I meant warmer weather, lemme edit that.

Thanks for the insight though.

I think 212 Carolina Herrera might fit the bill.

Maybe Chanel Allure Sport! :-?

Eau Sauvage is good for any weather and any occasion!

My question would be...why limit yourself? Some people want a signature fragrance. You know, one fragrance that people will recognize them by. My thinking is that there are too many wonderful fragrances out there to limit myself to just one!

Kelley

Quote Originally Posted by Xen

I second that. Eau Sauvage was the FIRST thing that came to mind as "all weather."

Griff
    Griff

From the reviews on this site, I've gather Eau Sauvage doesn't last very long.

I need something for school that will stay on me all day.

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far though guys.

I am probably gonna be stoned by my fellow basenoters, but why don't you give CK Eternity FM a try. But with this one, trust me, less is more. In moderate amounts it smells very nice,but put too much on and people will avoid you like the plaque! I used to wear this one years ago and got quite a few compliments on it. Women (girls) seemed to like it very much. This one is on the fresh side and (at least on me) it lasts all day.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I can't think of a single situation for which Egoiste Platinum would be inappropriate, except maybe suit and tie occasions.

Any of the Gendarmes (original, V, 20) will work anytime, anyplace.

I think an affordable choice would be Lacoste Pour Homme (not original) and XS Black are suitable as a year round, all occasion scent for your age.

And I was recommending to Zomad a bottle of Creed Himalaya...this is more of a high end pricetag though.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    I am probably gonna be stoned by my fellow basenoters, but why don't you give CK Eternity FM a try. But with this one, trust me, less is more. In moderate amounts it smells very nice,but put too much on and people will avoid you like the plaque! I used to wear this one years ago and got quite a few compliments on it. Women (girls) seemed to like it very much. This one is on the fresh side and (at least on me) it lasts all day.

Jeff
    I'll join you in the stoning. I think Eternity is one of the most overlooked scents just because it's CK. I used to wear it religiously when I only owned one cologne at a time. It has good longevity and sillage, which is more than I can say about a lot of the newer stuff on the market. Girls like it but it may be a bit outdated by today's standards. It's too easy to recognize IMO. But it's still a winner.

If you're looking for an everyday, every weather fragrance then I'll recommend Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. It's the most versatile fragrance I own and it gets a lot of compliments. It can be had for very cheap as well.

Burberry Brit is another versatile scent worth mentioning, especially since Christmas is just around the corner. Mmmm...the smell of freshly baked gingerbread.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy
    I can't think of a single situation for which Egoiste Platinum would be inappropriate, except maybe suit and tie occasions.

Gee, I really love wearing Ego Platinum wif me "bag of fruit" to work. I think of this as a highly appropriate fragrance for men who have to dress up a bit for work. Very classy fragrance, this one. It's brilliant, sharp, slap-in-the-face opening notes are also just what I need as I prepare for another day at the mill. It's a classic, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Burberry Brit is another versatile scent worth mentioning, especially since Christmas is just around the corner. Mmmm...the smell of freshly baked gingerbread.
    I have to agree on this one. Even though some people seem to find it too spicy or sweet. It seems very versatile on me and I think it would work in the summer too because it has no "stinging" notes. On my skin it even becomes a bit subtle. I guess it depends on your skin chemistry though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    Ditto. Also YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration (or possibly YSL PH)
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Agree with Egoiste Platinum, but also the original Egoiste.

Also D&G Pour Homme and Creed Himalaya. All very versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy
    In my humble opinion, I actually believe that suit and tie occassions are the best times for wearing Platinum. It strikes me as a bit formal. I've worn it with jeans and a t-shirt, but something about it just didn't feel right. Cheers *

Great suggestions all around, but I think you were on the right track with Lanvin. It has the longevity, versatility, and freshness that you are looking for in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    [quote author=Scottyboy link=1131859495/0#11 date=1131909653]I can't think of a single situation for which Egoiste Platinum would be inappropriate, except maybe suit and tie occasions.
    In my humble opinion, I actually believe that suit and tie occassions are the best times for wearing Platinum. It strikes me as a bit formal. I've worn it with jeans and a t-shirt, but something about it just didn't feel right. Cheers *[/quote]

I was thinking more because of the potency than the fragrance itself. Platinum Egoiste smells very refined and professional, but it's so strong I personally wouldn't wear it to work because I wouldn't want to bother anyone.