Code of Conduct

Default tell me all about L'Anarchiste

Thanks....... [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

Default L'Anarchiste

Hi my friends!!

Im a 24 year old spanish guy and I need a track:

Attracted by its name and in a madness fit, I have requested by Internet Caron's Anarchiste. I do not know why exactly, but I have the sensation that I m going to discover a very great smell for me. Also, the bottle attracted me...

I'll be mistaken? Someone knows it?

[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Default Re: tell me all about L'Anarchiste

L'Anarchiste is most unique to me, for it blends hot and cold notes like no other scent I've ever smelled. There is that opening blast of mandarin, mint and I've been told, vetiver. The mint is what gives it the distinct metallic tinge. After that, the mandarin continues to linger and you'll get woods and clove. I love how the clove works in this one, especially during early fall. Then you'll get a drydown with more woods and musk, but the mandarin stays the course, never seeming to give up the fight.

This has always been a top ten scent for me, for its uniqueness, as well as wearability at any time of year or function. So long as it is available for purchase, this will always be a staple in my wardrobe.

This is an overrated scent to me.

I liked it at first, but after wearing it for a whole day, it's uniqueness kinda wore out on me.

I'm not a fan of that "metallic" note I smell in EVERY Creed, Chrome, and this one, so maybe that's the problem.

I'm in the minority here; most guys love it. I still think it's OK and would wear it again, but it's definitely no where near the head of the class.

If it's cloves you're into, no one does clove like Diptyque.

The bottle is definitively cool! I have got a decant of L'Anarchiste, and I really like the unique blend of oranges and a metallic note. However, I cannot decide whether to buy it or not. Sometimes I love the metallic note, and want to own a bottle of L'Anarchiste, other times I do not care for it, hence the decant. Oh well.

I bought a bottle of it this week and I love it. I don't get a very pungent metallic note, more orange or tangerine at first. The drydown is fantastic. Usually I hate clove in fragrances but in L'Anarchiste it's just perfect. It helps to balance the fresh and cool notes (orange, tangerine, mint?) and the spicy, woody notes.
    It has a good staying power on my skin (like all the Carons I know) and the development from the topnotes to the basenotes is just fantastic. A quality that many mass market scents today are lacking. Whether you like the scent or not, you have to admit that it's a high quality fragrance.
    Not only the bottle is fantastic, even the box is great.

But why "L'Anarchiste"? The name doesn't seem right to me...

MJH

I've developed a new-found respect for L'Anarchiste this past (very hot) summer: it's one of the handful of men's scents that I've enjoyed wearing that isn't all about citrus or green notes. It manages to take woody and spicy notes and gift them enough "lift" so that they don't smell heavy or stuffy. *It's one of the most unique and original scents put out by a mainstream perfume company in many years. *

Why L'Anarchiste? I guess it's the Molotov-cocktail imagery of a petrol can....and a match:
    http://imagesdeparfums.perso.wanadoo...archiste01.JPG

O.k., I get it. Thx!

IMO, the best (and only good) thing about this is the bottle, which is really really cool. I tried really hard to like this, but on me it is just one nasty mix of clove and the copper smell you get when you handle copper piping with bare hands. I loathe this fragrance!

Can anyone tell me if it resembles Chrome in any way?

L'Anarchiste is one of the most unusual fragrances I've encountered and perhaps what is most unusual about it is that it is very wearable. Citric, minty, metallic-- complex and smooth. Wonderful scent.

Not at all like Chrome--not at all like any other scent I've smelled except that it somehow reminds me of Christmas--but not in a piney-balsam sort of way.

Ok, thanks!

I though it might resemble Chrome because everyone mentions the metallic note. I really can't stand Chrome because I think it's way to monotonous. I suppose l'Anarchiste is a bit more complex then?

I might consider buying this blind ;-)

I bought it blind and don't regret it. I can't wait for the weather to cool down some more here so I can start wearing it.

Aha, it's a cold-weather fragrance? Even better! I just started cooling down here since last weekend

The bottle is the best thing about it. I was pretty quickly bored with scent. It's a cold, metallic clove scent. I also have longevity problems with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. :-/

This one has been moved to my swaplist if anyone's interested.

Why So Serious?

What can i say...........mint, metal, mustard, tiger balm, spice shops....you get the picture. ;D
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

The only day I wore Anarchiste to the office was the day my coworkers said that they all felt their dentist had relocated to our space.

Anarchiste has a very strong clove note that will instantly remind you of Ambesol, a denture and tooth-pain relieving substance. What's more, Caron injects a barbershop type basenote that is so Old World, you get the feeling you have been projected back to the 40's or 50's.

All in all, Anarchiste is a very distinct scent that comes in a really unique bottle (the copper liner actually rusts with time and frequent handling). If you are looking for a scent trail, this is it.

If you live by Discretion is the better part of valour, Goodness! Stay away.

I'm in agreement with those who say its a bit overated. I like all the notes individually but by the end of the day I felt like I had been sprayed with Glade Pomander Potpuori. Its a pleasant enough scent but I think I would like it better in a candle. My bottle remains on my swap list.

It's definetly unique but I thought it reeked. Smells like hand soap and potpourii.

Love this one, both the juice and the bottle. Admittedly, it took me quite a while to warm up to this one. I mean, come on, let's be honest. It smells like metal oranges that have been marinated in a solution of mint and cloves. Such a bold scent isn't going to win over people right away. This one's truly one of my favorite winter fragrances.

#

Isn't there any other scent you can remotely relate it to?

They have it in a shop around the corner for a rather attractive price but they don't have a tester :-/

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    The bottle is the best thing about it. I was pretty quickly bored with scent. It's a cold, metallic clove scent. I also have longevity problems with it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. :-/
    My feelings exactly!

Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    Isn't there any other scent you can remotely relate it to?

They have it in a shop around the corner for a rather attractive price but they don't have a tester *:-/
    Imagine a mix of Le Male, oranges, hand soap and spice. *That's probably the best I can describe it.