Code of Conduct

Thread: Sexy scents

Default Sexy scents

Hi all, I like to know what other fragrances are there that are like A*men or D & G pour homme. I realize these two doesn't share much of their notes but they are both sensual/ sexy type of scents with obvious overtones of seduction. They are also similar in drying down to a warm and sensual skin scent. So what other frags are like them?

Default Re: Sexy scents

Gucci ENVY
    YSL Rive Gauche
    8-)

i advice you to try M7 , GUCCI POUR HOMME and there is something special you should try it ICEBERG TWICE peeeeeerfect

Im most likely the only one to have this opinon but to me, The Dreamer (versace) is like the warmer cousin to D&G pour homme. Both share the tobacco note and thats where I relate them, other than that the Dreamer is mainly just an ambery iris fragrance. Very long lasting with strong projection. I have yet to meet a woman who doesnt like it.

Also, and Im going to sound like a Versace SA but try "Man". It also possesses a tobacco note at the base but the top and middle notes have slightly sweet and spicy (perhaps the saffron) twist to them. Unlike other fragrances. You should try this one before you buy because it seems to work out differently on different people.

Finally, Gucci Envy. I just got a sample of this one so I cant really explain it yet but I would without hesitation place it in the same category as the above.

YSL's M7 is a bit of stretch (IMO) but it may also be worth checking out. On me M7 comes out very powedery in a way that reminds me of my grandma so it isnt to my liking but when it isnt on me it doesnt smell half bad.

Good luck

Escada Magnetism is worth mentioning too.

Sanzio

If you don't mind wearing female scents: Joop! Femme, Magie Noire de Lancôme, Paloma Picasso, Roma de Laura Biagiotti, L'instant de Guerlain, By Woman Dolce e Gabbana. They scream SEX! :

Oh, I forgot all about this supposedly aphrodisiac containing frag. Not a strikingly different cologne (though still different enough to try) and a bit on the sweet side but not bad at all. I actually planned to purchase it until I discovered Vendetta pour homme by Valentino (which is another good one to look into if you can find it.)

[edit]Just thought I'd point out that I realize Magnetism and Vendetta have nothing in common. All I meant was that when I was looking for something "sexy" I found Vendetta to be more pleasing than Magnetism[/edit]

Speaking of Gucci Envy, did anybody else see similarities with Opium PH, or is it just me?

Anyway, I agree that Magnetism, The Dreamer and Angel are sexy scents. I would also like to add CdG 2 Man.

The sweet scents that I know of:
    1). *LeMale...smells like cherry and vanilla coke mixed.
    2). *Magnetism...smells like grape baby powder and is pungent with only a few sprays
    3). *Rochas Man...this one smells just like Lolita Lempicka au masculine, not too bad if you don't mind the smell of chocolate, coffee and a little licorice. oh yeah and the annoying cone shaped bottle
    4). *Hanae Mori...this stuff is sweet big time, smells like liquid Frootloops
    5). *Geir...also very sweet but in a white flowery way but still masculine believe it or not
    I have always got comps from #4 and #5 all the time.

When I think of sexy I think of:

D&G By Man
    Gucci Envy
    Geir
    L'instant
    Cristobal
    Havana
    Passage d'Enfer
    Bois d'Argent

Quote Originally Posted by rapture2
    Oh, I forgot all about this supposedly aphrodisiac containing frag. Not a strikingly different cologne (though still different enough to try) and a bit on the sweet side but not bad at all. I actually planned to purchase it until I discovered Vendetta pour homme by Valentino (which is another good one to look into if you can find it.)
    They only carry the most popular stuff where I live but I'll keep an eye out for it. I already have Magnetism and I really like it. Definitely not for warmer days though.

Yes, it's very grapefruity in the first 10 minutes or so but let it dry down and it turns into something much more pleasant. I really don't like the first grapefruit part of it but I don't care very much about topnotes in general since their longetivity can often be counted in minutes. I only wear this if I have at least 10 minutes before I have to leave the house. The good part of it lasts forever on me though - I can easily detect it when I wake up the next day.

I've also heard that some people think Bulgari Black is really sexy. I bet they like leather, latex and gasmasks too. ;D

Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle is the first scent that comes to mind.
    Another one is YSL Opium PH.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Bond No. 9 New Haarlem is exactly what you are looking for!

NOBODY HAS MENTIONED GHOST MAN
    THAT SMELLS VERY SIMILAR TO A MEN I THINK

Fourthing or fifthing or whatever Gucci ENvy

Musc Ravageur is the one. I've had women plant themselves next to me so they could keep smelling it on my neck.

IMHO...

Magnetism for Men
    Zino Davidoff
    Thallium
    Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    Gucci Envy
    Black Code
    Very Irresistible for Men
    A*Men
    M7
    Green Irish Tweed
    Drakkar Noir
    David and Becca forever!!

In no particular order:

-Gucci Envy
    -Herrera Chic
    -Armani Black Code
    -Rochas Man
    -Perry Ellis 360 White

8-)

I'll be looking into Envy, M7, By Men and the dreamer. I already have Magnetism though, and its nice but not exactly what I'm looking for. Its too dry, sweet and loud and too woody balmy.
    On the other hand stuff like black code may be sexy but on the more fresher soapier side.

Blog Entries

Burberry London & Creed SMW
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Another vote for Gucci Envy

If you want to try an oldie but goodie *CK's Obsession

Opium PH EDP
    Basala
    M7
    Obsession for men
    Yang
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Of the ones I have, I consider Magnetism,Cristobal,Iceberg Twice,Chauleur de Animale and Roma Uomo to be
    very sexy.

I think you are intereted in sweet or woody orientals:
    These are sensual and more on the sweeter side -
    Habit Rouge
    Opium for men
    Obsession for men
    Dior Homme
    Allure for men (Chanel)
    Le Male (Jean Paul Gautier)
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Musc Ravageur. It's not a scent, it's a weapon.

1. Musc Ravageur
    2. LV - Musk
    3. Envy

John Varvatos, Dior Homme, and ofcourse ...Creeds Acier Aluminium

I agree with your choices guys, excellent! I know I always promote

Baldessarini,

but I have a lot of women tell me how great a scent this is.
    My sexiest scents, apart from Baldi are

Rive Gauche
    GIT
    Zino
    Allure
    Le Male
    Rochas Man
    Gucci Envy
    D&G ph

They all make you feel like a mature, sexy guy and it never fails to incease my confidence whenever I wear any of them.

Envy and Cinema

Sorry but I desagree with some of you.

Hanae Mori Cologne has no sexy scents. This cologne is to strong and has very bad-bad smell. It has a smell like a skunk.

D & G as well with Burrys London are not a sexy scents. They smell almost a like. There not that bad, but not that good neither ( regular smell).

Allure is not a sexy scent neither. This cologne is a little to strong for me.

With the only that I have smell and I gree is with : LE Male

Gucci Envy and Creed Acier Aluminium spring to mind.Piper Nigrum too I guess,especially the opening.Roland.

Borneo 1834 bitter sweet ,dark and sneaks up on you like the big bad wolf

Hhmm...I find A*Men and D&G quite different other than that they both have alot of wood in them. *A*Men is rich, oriental, and gourmand. *D&G is pretty dry to my nose and has a strong citrussy feel. *There have been quite a few great suggestions, but it really comes down to how the scents work with your chemistry. *I like richer, bolder scents out of the bottle, but they aren't the best for every guy...you really have to test them. *Conversely, I have smelled men's scents on paper that were as sterile and harsh as a urinal cake, but then have been surprisingly disarmed by how a certain skin chemistry can warm the fragrance and make is somehow inviting. Always interesting how a scent that I personally wear smells so different on a man's skin, too. *My idea of a science project that's actually fun :P

Learn what works for you and go with it - that's the recipe for sexy.

Hm... D&G and A*Men.
    Maybe you should try:
    Givenchy Very Irresistible Men
    CK Obsession
    Dior Homme
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Givenchy Pi
    T.Mugler B*Men
    Bvlgari pour Homme
    KenzoAir Intense
    Boucheron Jaipur
    P.Rabanne Ultraviolet

Just yesterday I sniffed three of the YSL stuff, M7, Rive Gauge & Kurous, and I'm amazed how awesome these stuff are. Especially M7 which now I prefer to even A*men. So now I want to know what other stuff are bold, fantastic and non-nonoffensive like YSL? I mean among strong orientals.

Quote Originally Posted by mugler
    Just yesterday I sniffed three of the YSL stuff, M7, Rive Gauge & Kurous, and I'm amazed how awesome these stuff are. Especially M7 which now I prefer to even A*men. So now I want to know what other stuff are bold, fantastic and non-nonoffensive like YSL? I mean among strong orientals.
    Opium is another good YSL, and you still have to try Envy. It's probably the most mentioned in this thread, and for good reason. Finally, maybe check out Platinum Egoiste by Chanel.