Code of Conduct

Default Similar fragances  to Mark Birley?

Hi,in this moment Mark Birley is my favorite fragance,i,m curious in know fragances very similar to Mark Birley.

You can tell me fragances similars to Mark Birley,? thanks in advance
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Default Re: Similar fragances *to Mark Birley?

I think Loewe Solo is kind of similar, at least in its "dryness" and understated class. Birley is more citrusy, though. Floris Elite and 89 are also in the same vein, perhaps more so than the Loewe, really.

Others have said I'm nuts ... but I find CdG Dry Clean strikingly similar to Mark Birley.

That is ... to my wacky nose

Maybe Diptyque's Virgilio?

Steely

Quote Originally Posted by steely glint
    Maybe Diptyque's Virgilio?

Steely

Steely I have to disagree with that....virgilio is sharp, dry, medicinal/herbal. The basil note is very strong. Virgilio is what I imagine Elizabethans put in their pomanders to ward of noxious fumes and pestilence. I can't wear it often but it is a favorite when the mood strikes me.

AZTEC

Sharp, dry, herbal - exactly. That's what I find in Virgilio too, AND in Mark Birley for Men!

S.

Thanks for his answers guys,Steely i hate Virgilio and adore Mar Birley,but is only my opinion and in the end is only a questions of particular taste ,you know
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

I think that there`s no scent like Mark Birley.
    But anyway I could suggest you to try some different scents in the mood of Mark Birley.
    Like Vetiver Extraordinaire Fr. Malle, Baladin Parfums de Nicolai, and maybe Sand flowers and something-Essaouera by Montale. I found them quite in same vein...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Re: Similar fragances  to Mark Birley?

I wonder if one could buy carrot seed essential oil.I haven't researched this.If indeed one could I bet it would come close to Mark Birley.
    I really like Mark Birley.Just as some think of AdG as eau de watermelon I think of Mark Birley as carrot juice...turned way up.I like smelling like a carrot.Rather smell like a carrot than a watermelon any day.More masculine(lol).Roland.

So Roland you would like Hiris by Hermes
    a lot of carrot-like juice made from iris rhizomes
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Re: Similar fragances  to Mark Birley?

HI Moonfish.Yes I have to try Hiris.I heard alot about it.I like the Hermes house.
    Anyway I tried Vetiver Extraordinaire today and at this point have to say it is alot like Mark Birley.Greener perhaps.If you like Mark Birley I am confident you will probably like this.Roland.

Quote Originally Posted by roland
    HI Moonfish.Yes I have to try Hiris.I heard alot about it.I like the Hermes house.
    Anyway I tried Vetiver Extraordinaire today and at this point have to say it is alot like Mark Birley.Greener perhaps.If you like Mark Birley I am confident you will probably like this.Roland.
    Yes, I`ve also found that frags very similar.
    They have something different like pepper and vetiver in VetExtra (which are not in MBirley) - but by character they are quite... eh, office-like, polite and unoffensive... very translucent... airy, green and dry...
    and also VetExtra is sour a bit - for citrus reason, I believe..
    Vetiver The Great!!!