Code of Conduct

Default to buy BANDIT blind?

i am intrigued with bandit. i noticed that men here say that bandit is a nice scent. is it true? can i buy bandit edp (cost 21£) blind? is it distictive? the scent with charachter? is this scent suitible for a guy?
    (today i read in the newspaper that world famous ballet-dancer Maja Pliseckaja have been using this perfume since it was launched).
    thanks
    vilnius
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Default Re: to buy BANDIT blind?

I personally wouldn't recommend buying it blind. I know that if I bought it blind, I would probably end up kicking myself in the ass. It started out smelling very "perfumey" to me but dried down to a dark floral note. It's not a bad scent, but it isn't for everybody. It isn't for me at least.

Agree. Try to sample first. I love leather scents, but Bandit's floral/leather combo was just too harsh and odd for me to want to be around.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I bought it blind a few years ago after reading rave reviews and it turned out to be a great decision.

It was so apallingly Godawfull *that I have saved hundreds of dollars since by sampling before buying. *;D

While Bandit has a very loyal following and only a small minority have names like Kendra the Dominatrix, Mistress of the Night; *I'm convinced that Piquet made this one in occupied Paris so he could sell it to the Germans.

Some frags open like a train wreck. *IMHO, this one IS a train wreck of leather and *florals. *Smooth and well balanced are not the adjectives which spring to mind. *It ain't *Trumper's Spanish Leather, *Cuir de-- well, you get the idea.

Still you may find out that you really, *really love it. * If you do, *try Quorum next *:

But whenever possible, sample first.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I bought it blind off of perfume emporium and i never regreted my decision. To me it smells like walking into a shop like Autozone or Pepboys. Definitely suited for a guy, if not more so for a guy than a woman. If a scent that smells like leather, gasoline and motor oil are what you like, then you'll love Bandit. I say go for it.
    Awesomeguy

Blog Entries

I don't know whether to thank you or cite you all for animal cruelty...

Either way you have truly battered a favourite lemming of mine... :'(

I love Gres Cabochard & Dana Tabu (Both are HG - they just love my chemistry).

Is there a chance it will still be as amazing as I imagined it to be?? :-/
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I got sample of Bandit recently, and I`ve tested it couple of times.
    I like it a lot, but I don`t find it especially wearable. It is heavy, dark, loaded with castoreum. =(obscure musky scent, leathery-like)

With Luca Turin`s words: Easy to admire, but hard to wear. :-/

I personally LOVE Bandit, but, like Angel, it's one I rarely wear in public as I work in a very small crowded office and I don't want to subject my co-workers to scents that are so powerful and potentially off-putting.

I'll never forget making the comment before that I rarely wore Bandit in public, and a member asked "why?" My answer was: HAVE YOU SMELLED IT??? lol!!

By all means buy the EDT instead of the perfume. The perfume is far more feminine to my nose. Another tip: application-wise, less is definitely more.

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    ...Is there a chance it will still be as amazing as I imagined it to be?? :-/
    I only have vague memories of Cabochard but if you love it, I think you will be able to understand Bandit, and there is a good chance that you will like it too. Will it be as ...imagined?? I know of no case where several people are unanimous in their appreciation of a certain perfume. Your question can simply not be answered exactly. Perceiving a scent is also a matter of personal preferences, often described as 'taste'.

Marcello Justiniani wrote: >>I'm convinced that Piquet made this one in occupied Paris so he could sell it to the Germans<< - Just curious: What convinced you? Why should Germans want to buy an 'Unknown' in Paris ? Would not Chanel or Houbigant have been likelier items on their shopping lists? As I have heard it, the tremendous success of Bandit set in after the war. I still consider it as designed for a rather sophisticated and liberal taste, French to the core, if I may add.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I'm pretty sure that was meant as a joke.

;D Ballardbeau, go to the head of the class! ;D

But seriously folks, if at all possible, ALWAYS sample first. No matter how great the raves.
    My Wardrobe

which Bandit is most suitible for a guy? edt for men? edt for women? edp for women?
    other shops sell only edt and edp for women

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xDN-Fragra..._piguet~V-rows
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Dreamer: THEY'RE THE SAME , *only the strength varies edp being stronger than *edt. *

Would somebody take pity on him and send him a sample?

I'd mail him the whole bottle but I smashed it againt the wall in a fit of piquet. *:

BTW, *if you'd *care to try a *great blend of floral with leather that is unquestionably ' suitable for a guy ' check out the one and only

DUNHILL '34 * *

Goodl luck and welcome to the Forum.

My Wardrobe

It is weird, but I've heard this is what is different between the EdT and the EdP. I own the EdP but I don't get any of the "nasty" notes described here, not even a hint. I can most of the time not even smell that leather. And definately feminine. I wear a lot of scents marketed against women, but I don't think I could pull off Bandit EdP in public and feel safe.

To speak from personal experience, I myself bought Bandit blind. This was a few years ago, when I was recently reaccquainted with the fragrance. I bought it because it was described to me as being heavy on the floral and citrus notes. I was surprised that it wasn't at all primarily florals & citrus, and delighted that it smelled nothing like I imagined it to smell. To me, it smells like aricher version of Cabochard, except the notes in Bandit are far more complex, and the fragrance, over time, definitely stays with you. The tobacco really gives it that extra kick.
    In my 20's, I received a sample of Bandit, but took one whiff from the vial and decided to not even sample it as I thought it was not for me. Of course, in your 20's, you'd be hard-pressed to appreciate such a grande & rich fragrance. Bandit, to me, anyway, seems a bit too sophisticated fopr someone so young.
    Now, in my 40's, it is perfect for me. I feel I have grown into the scent and that over time, I have come to fully appreciate fragrances like Cabochard & Bandit.
    With Bandit, you'll either love it or despise it.

Generally I would say not to get it blind. It isn't for everyone, but it is a masterpiece.

On the other hand, it is not too expensive a scent; it isn't priced like a Creed. I don't think you are taking too much of a financial risk in getting it. I don't think of it as much of a day-to-day sort of scent, much more of an evening, winter scent to me.

Personally, I got it blind and enjoy it, although I don't wear it that often.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

>>If you a re thinking about making a blind purchase ,I recomend the edp version. It last and packs more of that strangely familiar punch that Bandit fans have come to enjoy.<< (quoting smellitnow)

This and other aspects of Bandit (1944) have been discussed in mid-August, find that here:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...23866115/all-0

The directory/Bandit will guide you to further posts on the EDP/EDT. According to my bottles, Piguet scents are produced under license in the USA now. This may explain the attractive prices there. Lids, sometimes bottles (Fracas) and spray sytem are a bit on the cheap side.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.