Code of Conduct

Default Which Hanae Mori? PLEASE HELP

This is been bugging me for months. A while back I got an extra sample from a BN member in a swap of a Hanae Mori sample but I don't know which one is it.

The sample vial is this exact one featured in this Ebay Auction page:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-HANAE-MORI-PURS...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not too sure if it's the women's Hanae Mori(1995) or the men's HM(1997). Any help would be nice. I'm dying to upgrade my sample into a bottle or decant but I'm confused :-? on which one it is.

The smell: Very sweet and extremely long lasting. My sample is empty so I have only memories of this stuff. I sprayed in the mourning and it lasted well into the evening. I got notes of vanilla and amber but I not entirely sure. I kind of smelt like Pina Colada. It's gourmand for sure, I get some coconut smell for it mixed with vanilla.

Anyways, hope someone can help!

The women's Hanae Mori and the men's HM both sound sweet so I'm not entirely sure which ones my sample.

Default Re: Which Hanae Mori? PLEASE HELP

Those are definitely the women's. I know this for a fact because I was given this when I was in the perfume section in Nordstroms. Furthermore, I was given black atomizers when I inquired about the Hanae Mori cologne today at Nordstroms.

Quote Originally Posted by scentophile
    Those are definitely the women's. I know this for a fact because I was given this when I was in the perfume section in Nordstroms. Furthermore, I was given black atomizers when I inquired about the Hanae Mori cologne today at Nordstroms.
    WOW! it's the women's.

Still going to get me a bottle.

Get the EDP. It's wonderful. The sampler that you received was the EDT version. To my understanding, they don't hand out EDP samplers. So you have to seek it out yourself.

I have the EDP, which unfortunately I'm going to bring back home during Thankgiving for my sister. One spray will last you a whole day.

Get the EDP. It's wonderful. The sampler that you received was the EDT version. To my understanding, they don't hand out EDP samplers. So you have to seek it out yourself.

I have the EDP, which unfortunately I'm going to bring back home during Thankgiving for my sister. One spray will last you a whole day.
    Okay thanks for the info. I'll try to grab the EDP, but I sprayed twice with the EDT and that lasted me the whole day, wonder what the EDP can do.

I know for a fact it's the women's version for a few reasons:

1.) The samples are white vials. The men's are usually black.

2.) The auction is entitled "PURSE travel spray".

3.) If you scroll down, it states that the auction is for Hanae Mori "Pink Butterfly" samples. The women's version of HM has butterflies on the bottle.

At first I couldn't tell by your description whether it was the men's or women's. I detect more fruity notes than vanilla in the women's version. But then the pina colada comparison gave it away as well as the coconut smell you mentioned.

As for which one to get, the EDT will last a full day while the EDP will last into the next morning. If you're looking for a heavier, rounder scent then go for the EDP. If you want a brighter, more airy scent then go for the EDT. The EDP will linger closer to the skin though, while the EDT will project more in the air.

Okay, thanks for the help teflondog but I had one more question

Is the womens Hanae Mori EDT/EDP also called Butterfly?

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    Okay, thanks for the help teflondog but I had one more question

Is the womens Hanae Mori EDT/EDP also called Butterfly?
    Yes. The women's Hanae Mori is called Butterfly, hence the butterfly designs on the bottle. *

I love Hanae Mori, but dislike the EDP version. Some fragrances aren't meant to be heavy, especially sweet ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    I love Hanae Mori, but dislike the EDP version. Some fragrances aren't meant to be heavy, especially sweet ones.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The EDT spray alone last long enough for me, and I don't need a scent lasting 24 hours+ on my skin, 8 hours is enough. Plus I'm thinking the EDP might be a little too overly feminine for me.

Just to give a different perspective, I think the EDT is much more balanced and bright, while the chocolate in the EDP is so intense that it drags the rest of the fragrance down. It does indeed last forever, but I've found that once the citrus wears off it's not a very pretty fragrance, but it'll stick around well past its welcome. (see my thread "i would wear HM more often if it didn't last so long&quot.

i'm going to end up trading my EDP for an EDT. I used to wear the EDT and then deicded to try the EDP and I'm going to have to go back!