Code of Conduct

Default Question about M7

I was reading reviews of this scent on perfume emporium and alot of them said it was very feminine and should have been marketed as a womans scent. Is it really that feminine of a scent? I was under the impression that it was the manliest of manly scents on the market for men. The reviews stated is was even swetter than Amen or Rochas. My interest in M7 is now piqued.
    Awesomeguy

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about M7

don't think it is that sweet but definitely can also be worn by women due to its floral / incense/ musk fragrance.

I think it is a darker, starker rendition of YSL Nu (F) with the emphasis more on the woods and spice. A beautiful scent - not for the shy, conformist, or insecure.

Check out the M7 thread that is already on the board and you'll get more feedback on the differing attitudes to this original, individual scent.

Why not also consider the YSL Nu (F) if you enjoy fruitier, more floral scents.

Good luck with your testing...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

No floral notes in it to my knowledge! I dont think its particularly feminine or sweet but it is VERY deep and "sweet woody".

I love the stuff and I'm not a fan of A*Men or Rochas Man AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

feminine? no.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I think it depends on your skin.

It is definetly not feminine, nor anywhere near as sweet as A*Men. It is a mix of musk, spice, and sweetness but neither of these elements are really dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by CoL²
    No floral notes in it to my knowledge! I dont think its particularly feminine or sweet but it is VERY deep and "sweet woody".

I love the stuff and I'm not a fan of A*Men or Rochas Man AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I agree with Col. M7 has a "woody" sweetness. The sweetness in M7 is of a very different style than the foody/sugary sweetness of A*men, Rochas Man and other gourmands, which I can't stand, or even fragrances like Gucci Envy and Allure, which are still a little too sweet for me. The woody sweetness in M7 is something that I think will not turn you off if you normally like drier fragrances. Escada Magnetism and Burberry Brit are two others have a similar "dry" sweetness that I enjoy (although they do not smell alike at all). Edit: I'd also add Chanel Antaeus as another one that strikes me as having "dry" sweetness.

M7 does not smell feminine to me, but these gender distinctions are very much a matter of individual taste and perception. I think many of the "masculine" scents I love, I would also love on the right woman (but that's a different topic).

If you are interested in M7 because you LIKE the gourmand style sweetness or WANT something more "feminine", I would be sure to try before buying. This is certainly a fragrance on which, for some reason, impressions seem to range wildly from masculine to feminine and dry to sweet.

--Steve

Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

M7 could be unisex, but on the specific man it could be more masculine than anything.
    To me M7 is like modern version of Lagerfeld Classic or sweetened Rush for Men.

I swear you would love it, rosbergs3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    feminine? *no.
    NO!!!! NO!!! You should try it!

I have to add that it is not a typical woody sweetness that I have seen before. I usually think either cedar or sandalwood, not with M7, I find that it's, it's... aww jeez just try it! I'll edit this in the morning when I try some on.

There is nothing feminine about M7 AT ALL - in fact it would be on my top 10 over most masculine scents.

And I do not know where all the talk about sweetness comes from.......really guys - it is not sweet, just mega woody.

Mic.

I don't really get sweet or woody.

It just smells like burnt plastic...

Mmmmmmmmm :P

I'll offer my opinion that M7 is a bit efeminant. And no, I don't mean it's a feminine fragrance. It's a masculine fragrance that tells the world that you're a man that's not afraid to show off his sensitive and exotic side. This is definitely a fragrance for those whom enjoy the road less traveled.

#

I don't consider it a feminine frag, but it does have a cherry cough syrup
    note that persists throughout its life. Perhaps this fruity aspect leads some
    to consider feminine.

My friend said that M7 reminded him of the smell of a warm winter cabinet.

I really don't think it's very feminine at all. Woodsy and a soft powdery feel.......but not really feminine.

M7 is about has feminine has Antaeus!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson