Code of Conduct

Default Drenched in Frag

Do any of you drench yourself in fragrance to the point where some people say you are crazy? I love to get drenched with a great frag before I relax at night. IS this behaviour common?

Steven

Default Re: Drenched in Frag

When relaxing I usually want a soothing scent like TM Cologne. The problem is that the stuff is too light, so yea I drench myself too. The thing is that I have the 10 oz bottle so I will able to continue this for a long long time.

Whew!

A ten ouncer would really get me in trouble.

Steven

It depends on what you consider "drench". I never spray myself more than 6 times unless it's a rather fleeting scent or I'm home alone.
    I've sprayed myself 15+ times before with 4711, but that's only because the darn stuff only lasts but 30 minutes on me. It's super cheap too.

I was to do this when I was 16 and first started wearing fragrances.

to me,scents vary alot in strength and lasting power,I usually learn a scent over time and try to find a comfort zone with it,I just could not take six sprays of aramis 900 without a gas mask,but when applied right it smells great(I spray a Q-tip and dab it on,rub it in)
    but I can do six sprays of le roy soliel.

I never apply more than three sprays on me, even if the scent is fleeting. I can just put more when it's sputtering.

Funny you should mention this though, as today I think I saw the Overspray God. I was in the 5th Ave Sephora in New York trying out scents again (and I'm still going to try them again and again and again, I'm picky that way,) when all of a sudden this middle aged man with extremely tight clothing grabbed the Kenneth Cole Black bottle and sprayed himself around 6 or 7 times. The scent isn't exactly strong, but that many times? And you thought he was done right?

Wrong.

Grabbed another bottle and sprayed himself another couple of times. Placed the bottle down and was prepared to leave when he caught eye of the Tommy Bahama and sprayed another 6 or so times! In total I would say he sprayed himself more than 20 times. 20 times!

Then he left...

It's like watching the Discovery Channel about creature habits, but this time involving a human being who isn't completely aware of how much he's putting on.

I've seen the same stuff happen recently as you chris21, but with A*men and B*men plus another scent. At least 20 sprays! This guy was reeking, and to make matters worse, I saw this in a Duty Free shop at the airport! I wouldn't want to sit next to a guy with 10 spritzes of A*men layered with something else on a long flight.

All the time ;D

Not until Tuesday evening when I received my bottle of Yatagan. I really wanted to see how it would carry over into the night so I sprayed from top to toe apres bath. I figured as long as I was alone, might as well appreciate the full scent for all that it really is.

Yes, with Kyotoand Timbuktu. Perhaps a little cruel to everyone around me because the two are so strong but they are my favorites at the moment and I must admit I dont so much care about everyone elses well being when it comes to those two. Lol

Drenched in Visit tonight!!!!!!, Killing brain cells

I use up to 8 sprays with some of my weaker fragrances. I usually put 1 spray of something on my wrist before bed after my shower, it helps relax me. So you aren't entirely alone.

7 sprays of DK Fuel tonight 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Panto
    I've seen the same stuff happen recently as you chris21, but with A*men and B*men plus another scent. At least 20 sprays! This guy was reeking, and to make matters worse, I saw this in a Duty Free shop at the airport! I wouldn't want to sit next to a guy with 10 spritzes of A*men layered with something else on a long flight.
    Oh, I have such a terrible in-flight experience to tell you guys.
    Me and my family were on a flight from Spain to The Netherlands, and had just gotten back from a vacation. The seats in front of us were occupied by a Dutch "celebrity" (known for his awful taste and tacky behaviour, PM me for his actual name ), as well as a girl and male friend of him.
    When the duty-free cart went by, he bought the most terrible fragrance for the girl he was with.
    She had already checked her make-up for about 14 times during that flight, and was happy to broaden her cosmetic borders and spray some of this shit on.
    It was BAD... I swear, everyone's nose was nearly fainting during that flight. Babies started crying, people just freaked out for this bad-taste odor. I can't remember which fragrance it was, but I think it was some heavy Chanel. It doesn't really matter because everything smells bad in airplanes.
    Since the fragrance had nowhere to go but inside the cabin, it ended up being an extremely long and painful flight. Not to mention that she re-applied like 2 more times. :-X
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Hehe BrothaG, when I flew home from the Netherlands last week I was just about to go testing in the airport... Then I remembered that like 20 people had to sit right next to me 30 minutes later. So I just waited with the testing until I had arrived in the other airport.

That's very polite of you minilomaniac
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG
    That's very polite of you minilomaniac
    I've started being aware of this because every morning I get in a bus full of high-school kids that all drench themselves in fragrance. The bus is always completely stuffed and they all bathe in different fragrances. Imagine that...