Code of Conduct

Default Honest opinions on Creed Himalaya

I need to get some quick opinions on Himalaya as I have to make a fast decision.

Is it fresh, classy and different?

Default Re: Honest opinions on Creed Himalaya

I've worn Himalaya a ton of times and not one single person has ever commented negatively on it----and yes, it is definitely fresh, classy, and different. A lot of Basenoters say that it has a lot in common with Paco Rabanne XS but I have never personally tested this one. Himalaya is one of those fragrances that a person would want to buy again because it is just that good IMO.

If I had to pick one word to define Himalaya it would be classy. My only caveat would be that it lasts like one hour, literally. It's ridicuously short lived.

Post Thanks / Like

Himalaya is one of my all time favorites. *Plus I get compliments from hot babes, *little old ladies, *homeless psychos, *the cop that pulled me over for speeding, and most recently, the guy who worked the espresso bar at the grocer's.

Paco Rabbane? *No, *but then I don't think GIT smells much like Coolwater either--just that it's an inoffensive and *rather pleasant green and nothing much to write home about, *(hmm, maybe it is like Coolwater, after all) so with that confession, * I give you my 2 cents worth.

Buy it.

I suppose I could compare Himalaya to Iceberg Twice, but I'd have to be very drunk. *: *or very broke and trying to justify passing on *one of the best of Creed
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Post Thanks / Like

Himalaya is classy AND sexy. I don't think it smells like XS. Scents don't usually last on me but Himalaya gives me at least 4 hours. Great top, mid and base. buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the scents in my wardrobe that will definately be replaced when the bottle finally runs dry. It is fresh and classy. I'm not sure I would call it different, but realize I'm into some unique CdG scents when I say that. At the same time, I wouldn't say it smells like anything else so it is different in that respect.

Himalaya is highly recommended. However, I would recommend checking it out via a decant from someone on the basenotes swap board before investing in a whole bottle. When it comes to fragrance purchases, it is smart to be sure you like it before purchasing although I'm sure you could easily swap it if you didn't like it. There are many fans here on this board.

Post Thanks / Like

It starts off very fresh and "cold" with notes of citrus. Then it develops into a "warm" drydown with woods and pepper. I would describe it as more on the formal side but it could be pulled off as a casual scent. Staying power lasts about 3-4 hours on me but stays close to the skin after the first 2. Personally, I don't see how it smells like the actual Himalayan mountains.

As for its similarities to XS, I agree that they have a lot in common, although Himalaya has the popular ambergris drydown that Creeds are known for. Himalaya is also more peppery and less sweet off the top.

Quote Originally Posted by whitebar
    This is one of the scents in my wardrobe that will definately be replaced when the bottle finally runs dry. *It is fresh and classy. *I'm not sure I would call it different, but realize I'm into some unique CdG scents when I say that. *At the same time, I wouldn't say it smells like anything else so it is different in that respect.

Himalaya is highly recommended. *However, I would recommend checking it out via a decant from someone on the basenotes swap board before investing in a whole bottle. *When it comes to fragrance purchases, it is smart to be sure you like it before purchasing although I'm sure you could easily swap it if you didn't like it. *There are many fans here on this board.

Ok, sounds like good advice. Is there anyone out there that can help with a sample?

Post Thanks / Like

I have personal experience dealing with sentemental here on Basenotes and I see he still has several Creed decants available including Himalaya. I'm sure there are several other excellent sources but this is one I can personally vouch for. He is a true gentleman.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1111361377

Post Thanks / Like

One of my top ten fragrances.

Snake Eater: yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy
    If I had to pick one word to define Himalaya it would be classy. *My only caveat would be that it lasts like one hour, literally. *It's ridicuously short lived.
    on me it lasts a whole day. no joke!

m

I'm neutral on it. Fresh, airy, and subtle, with moderate duration.

Good, yes. Worth buying, no. I'd get XS instead if I had to get something like Himalaya. XS comes on a bit stronger than Himalaya.

With Creeds, definitely try before you buy due to the high price. My guess is that you will like it though.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

This one is a keeper...in my top 10 and I will ALWAYS have a bottle of this stuff....especially after just trying a "Confirmed" fresh version of it...the stuff is AWESOME! Lasts 10+ hrs on me.

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

Himalaya is definitely the sexiest Creed I've tried. But like some people, i have a problem with its longevity, maybe my bottle has gone bad, who knows.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

It smells nice but I find it very boring. I find myself literally yawning when I wear it. It just smells to nice in a bad way.

A real what came first, the chicken or the egg?
    paco xs 1993
    paco xs extreme 2000
    himaegglaya 2002
    GO Paco!
    all too common scenario,if a fragrance becomes too
    popular,other companies will rip it off to control the
    momentum of it(make it too popular)then it fizzles out,
    now you have an open market,probably why there ends
    up being alot of scents that smell similar.

paco is doing good if creed is ripping them off,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Eater
    I need to get some quick opinions on Himalaya as I have to make a fast decision.

Is it fresh, classy and different?
    Yes on all three. ;D

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!