Code of Conduct

Thread: Dior Homme Test

Why So Serious?

Default Dior Homme Test

I've heard too much raves about this one here recently, so i decided to give it a test. *I liked the top notes right away. *I immediately felt a classiness in this fragrance, it did not smell like the typical mainstream fragrances. *I detected leather in the top notes, and something that reminded me much of Emporio Armani He. *Then it became really powdery, probaly from the powdery floral quality of Iris, and the Iris had a nice marriage with the cocoa, i guess i can see why people compared it with Hanae Mori, i did see a bit of similarities. *Overall, the Iris was pretty strong, and mixed with cocoa and amber made it even sweeter, i could no longer detect the leather note at middle point. *On paper it kept on smelling like Emporio Armani He, but on the skin this was very different, i got Hanae Mori and Givenchy Very Irresistable. *Later when it dried down, i sniffed my wrist, it even reminded me a bit of Rochas Man. *As the day went by it became more powdery, almost too much so. *Though this is marketed towards men, i can see this fragrance easily be worn by women. *And i have to say that it smelled better on paper than on my skin. *Lasting powerful was quite impressive, i could still detect it after 5-6 hours. *Overall, it wasn't a shocker as i expected it to be, it wasn't all that original and it was a bit feminine for my taste. *But the quality of this fragrance could not be questioned.

3.8/5 * * :-X
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Default Re: Dior Homme Test

The drydown of many gourmands generally end up smelling similar to my nose. I once had Rochas Man on one wrist and A*men on the other. After 4-5 hours I couldn't tell the difference between them.

I bought this one blind and I should get it in the mail very soon, I'll put my thought when I do, by the way how's the Iris in Dior Homme, can it be compared in anyway to the Iris note in MPG's Iris Bleu Gris(the only Iris scent I've tried).

This one really let me down from my initial wearing which was yesterday. I wanted a "WoW" fragrance and ended up with a "Hmm" fragrance which could be good if it grows on me with subsequent wearings. I guess I expected something "richer" and more unique----an EDP version could do this. No doubt, like Hacker says the quality is there it just doesn't break any new ground or set any precedents on what a great, modern, masculine fragrance should smell like. I like it and will no doubt wear it again soon----maybe it will "WoW" me the second time around.

I like this one just for the fact that it doesnt knock you out when you take a sniff.I find to be looking for cents that dont end up over powering(Like Isseys le blue).I like something that´s soft and well rounded.

DH is a masterfully crafted fragrance: not too strong, stays nicely close to the skin, a little tangerine, sage, iris, cocoa, leather. Kind of like a little of everything. Nicely thought out. I especially like those opening saw-dust notes and that chocolate/amber finish.

I have already finished a 50 ml and am well into my first 100 ml. The shower gel is very nice as is the underarm deodorant, although not as effective as I would like.

All in all, one of the nicest this year, and probably as good as anything since 2000 which, for me, would include some other rich (commercial) fragrances such as Magnetism, Full Choke, Varvatos, Burberry Brit, Gucci PH, and others along those lines....

I am totally confused by this fragrance and have yet to decide if I like it, though I will say that the drydown is better than the intial blast, which has a kind of an anise note that's off-putting.

For me, of course. Results may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    I am totally confused by this fragrance and have yet to decide if I like it, though I will say that the drydown is better than the intial blast, which has a kind of an anise note that's off-putting.

For me, of course. Results may vary.
    I agree with you. I'm not at all fond of what first hits my nose, but I really love the drydown.