Code of Conduct

Default S(c)ent from Hell!

I think I have a pretty open mind about fragrances and that I try to keep the negative posts down to a minimum ... but ... I just can't believe what I sampled today is bottled and sold as fragrance!

I remember my first posts on BN being questions about incense fragrances. Somewhere along the line Norma Kamali Incense was mentioned, and it has remained one I have wanted to sample for a very long time.

What a nasty surprise! The stuff is amazingly potent: just a passing sniff from my small decant left my nostrils feeling like millions of the odiferous molecules had latched themselves on for dear life and wouldn't let go. I'm not kidding, I had a strong sense that the sample vial was still under my nose even though I had put it away minutes before.

The fragrance is hard to describe: very exotic wood, deeply pungent resins and incense set upon a heap of burning coals. Very sulphurous in impression... Smoke rising off some pit in hell... Truly a scent for Satan to wear -- I can't imagine anyone pulling this one off. An intriguing and very different scent, I just can't imagine anyone using this on their body.

Anyone else try this before?
    ..."net", not "naut".

Default Re: S(c)ent from Hell!

I haven't tried this one but another comes to mind...

Embruns d'Essaouira ... STAY FAR FAR AWAY from this HELLISH smelling thing.
    It literaly smells like a wood burning fire. of course IMHO ;D

Hmmm. I find NK Incense to be an excellent fragrance. It is very powerful and care should be taken to control its application. I find it to be very rich and complex. It evolves wonderfully. I suggest putting it away for a month until your nose is more accustomed to heavier, winter scents and then try a very small amount (don't spray it on - use a rollon or a wand).

Quote Originally Posted by stoneskipper
    .......What a nasty surprise! The stuff is amazingly potent: just a passing sniff from my small decant left my nostrils feeling like millions of the odiferous molecules had latched themselves on for dear life and wouldn't let go. I'm not kidding, I had a strong sense that the sample vial was still under my nose even though I had put it away minutes before......

You are getting me seriously interested. Send it to me!

'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Me too!

Where to buy either??

I don't know if I sampled her Incense frag or just plain Normal Kamali, but dear God I do agree with you! I could not get that STRONG, smoky, vile juice off of my person fast enough...and it was no easy task to get rid of it either. Aarrgghh! Bad!

I agree. I love incense fragrances,but this scent is just plain VILE. Considering the price,this nasty juice is a JOKE.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Heh, when I saw this thread my first thought was "Oh no, not another thread about Kouros"... ;D

We should take into consideration the fellow basenoters who are demons, incubi and the un-dead who probably think this frag is top notch. In fact, one member who goes by the handle of Lou Cipher raves about this scent and also Passage D' Enfer(for some reason). So let's try and be a little more aware of diversity here folks. ;D

sorry, I'm in a comic smart-ass mood today.

I hear that Salvador Dali PH smells like "hot tar and satan"..

that's pretty close to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Noseorgy
    In fact, one member who goes by the handle of Lou Cipher raves about this scent and also Passage D' Enfer(for some reason). *So let's try and be a little more aware of diversity here folks. ;D
    Of all the scents with incense, I think Passage d'Enfer is right up at the top. It's far from vile and it smells nothing like burning wood. I've received quite a number of compliments from it too.

I agree with mikediscoli's comment about Salvador Dali PH. It smells like a smoldering, mesquite pit IMO, but I find it intriguing.

For a more mild incense frag, Azzaro Visit fits the bill.

I do not get it :-/ I wore Salvador Dali PH today and all I get is rich tobacco and patchouli.