Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain: Habit Rouge versus Heritage

I have sampled both of these classic first-rate scents, and they each have their own personalities and merits...But I am having a tough time deciding which to purchase first (though in the end I'm certain I'll acquire both at some point). Feel free to examine my wardrobe and cast vote on which might be better suited as a first and then second choice.

Many thanks.

Default Re: Guerlain: Habit Rouge versus Heritage

Arrgh! Don't do this to me! It's like choosing the best uncle or grandfather!

They're scents of different natures, both are remarkable, but if I had to choose, Heritage would be a more wearable scent day to day. Habit Rouge has quite the personality, and if anyone considers getting HR, get the Legere version...it's now an oriental brought to modern standards. If you like the raw earthy animalistic nature of a frag, stick with the original.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Like both, but Habit Rouge is definitely my favourite uncle. I think it was the first fragrance I bought for myself.

I recently sampled Héritage and didn't find it appealing at all. It sure is my fault, but I think I'm sticking to the old HR.
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Thanks to whoever voted. I ended up purchasing Heritage, because I felt it to be more earthy and deep. Habit Rouge smelled too powdery on my skin, with no depth in the base other than a misty vanilla scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Thanks to whoever voted. *I ended up purchasing Heritage, because I felt it to be more earthy and deep. *Habit Rouge smelled too powdery on my skin, with no depth in the base other than a misty vanilla scent.
    You need to try the EDP then!

To me its like the EDT mixed with M7. Yumsters!

/me