Code of Conduct

Default Revillon French Line??

A fellow N'noter, whom I got Revillon's "R" from (which is quite good) suggested this one as one I would like.

Problem is, all I can find are minatures and full sized bottles are unavailable at my usual haunts.

Anyone know this one, and can you describe it? And anyone know where I can find a full bottle?

Or even a decant?

No one has it in their wardrobe and there are no reviews. Is this a hidden treasure??

Default Re: Revillon French Line??

I bought this blind about 10 or 15 years ago; mailorder from paris. Those were the days! Anyway, it had a very cool rubberized bottle.
    The fragrance reminded me of the Lanvin for Men scent available at that time. Not the new one for sale now but the great one from years past in the nice tall bottle.
    Sharp, rich fougère.
    I saw it on perfumebay but they appear to be sold out.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

have two bottles of it, bought them 10 years ago...very, very impressive bottles..IMO, the scent is a little Antaeus-like, but more spicier..
    Collectors item !

Due to a generous AromiErotici sample, i'm trying this one today. On me, it seems to go in an intermetiate line of Tsar and Zino - herbal at the top, and more focused on the amber and patchouli at the base. The leather is not dominant, i get more of a sharp, mossy patchouli and amber. Don't seem to be so strong and difficult to wear as many of the male fragrances of this era. It can still be found for cheaper prices at ebay tough

I have a large spray bottle of this in my collection as well. I think it's one of Revillons best. Very hard to find now in a large spray.
    Miniatures seem like the only ones out there now.

Basenotes Institution

Is this a fougere? I have a sample of this on my hand as I type this and I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm smelling - it smells...spicy, aromatic...but is that lavender? I'm reminded (struggling for a frame of reference) of the old Perry Ellis For Men that I used to wear the hell out of when I was a teen.

I agree that this one is definitely a masculine 80's powerhouse but still it has a lot of character and its unfolding in just the short time that I've had it on my skin. Interesting.

What the hell does the name mean?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

AromiErotici

Mike, it's a leathery chypre and the basil seems to be prominent. It's a full bodied scent that's not really loud.

I also own this. I had an opportunity to get another bottle for a good price earlier this year but passed on it. Now I'm regretting not getting it.

It's a good one! I really enjoyed it the last time I wore it. I got my bottle about 4-5 years ago but didn't pay much attention to it until this year. I agree with the descriptions already posted. It's a leathery chypre but the leather is submerged in the overall blend, and it is less aggressive than many '80s frags.

Basenotes Institution

Ah, basil - that is it Aromi

The dry down isn't quite as tenacious and satisfying as say...Antaeus, but I like the intense spiciness at the very beginning a lot. I need to try it next time as a full wearing, to the office or something like that. It's quite a masculine scent - made me feel like I was wearing a moustache.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle